Who is looking forward to playing the villa (1 Viewer)

Adge

Looking forward to playing anyone in the Championship, be it Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest, Derby, Millwall, Brentford et al.
We really do need to move on from this one sided Villa nonsense.

oakey

Definitely not.
I still have the mental scars from 1970s/80s/early 90s visits to VP, when we lost every one except one draw when Garry Thompson scored an equaliser (1979?)
I missed the 2 wins there as I was convinced I was the jinx.
I did go again twice in late 90s - we lost again, of course.

Brylowes

Looking forward to playing anyone in the Championship, be it Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday, Birmingham, Forest, Derby, Millwall, Brentford et al.
Local rivalries have always played a huge part in the history of football.
Why so negative !!!

Brylowes

Definitely not.
I still have the mental scars from 1970s/80s/early 90s visits to VP, when we lost every one except one draw when Garry Thompson scored an equaliser (1979?)
I missed the 2 wins there as I was convinced I was the jinx.
I did go again twice in late 90s - we lost again, of course.
The 1979 draw was my one and only visit to Villa, I was 10 y/o and with
my Dad and Brother.

Magwitch

The 1979 draw was my one and only visit to Villa, I was 10 y/o and with
my Dad and Brother.
I was at that game sure it was then Graham Oakley got injured and never played again and I think we went 1-0 up in the 89th minute giving us hope of a Villa Park victory at last only for Villa to go straight back up and equalise.

Brylowes

I was at that game sure it was then Graham Oakley got injured and never played again and I think we went 1-0 up in the 89th minute giving us hope of a Villa Park victory at last only for Villa to go straight back up and equalise.
Can’t remember how and when the goals came but I might have a hazy
Memory of an injury.

Maverick

I was sat in the lower holt when hadji scored two in the first half, then we lost 3-2. Think that was our relegation season. Villa then signed hadji that summer I think.

skyblue1991

No disrespect to League alone but it'll just nice to play some 'traditional' football teams like Sheff Wed, Nottingham Forest, Derby, Middlesbrough, Birmingham etc instead of Rochdale, Tranmere, Lincoln, Fleetwood etc...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I work with a few Villa fans ... and was at VP when we got relegated.. sick to the pits of me stomach . I remember 40,000 of them sing “We’ll meet again”
I,d love to be playing them next season
Never had a great record against them but would love to be at a packed Ricoh with 30,000 singing SOTV ... I need closure !!

Tommo1993

Villa Park was my very first away day. 1-0 loss, in 2000.

It’d be weird to say I’m looking forward to a thumping though.

Tommo1993

Think he means he’s not looking forward to it any more than playing other teams. There’s nothing really special about playing Villa.

hill83

Hill we really did. It
1946-1988. Played 26 home and away
Won zero

it wasn’t just a villa park jinx

I know. I went to the Moldovan 1-0 and the 4-1 the year after.

Edit: Yeah I was responding to the thread title and not the post above my first post.

Covcraig@bury

It’s got to be the Vile away for me . Great day out .
Train to Witton station , taking over the witton pub . The atmosphere we generate inside and outside the shit hole . Then the fun and games queuing to get the train ( good old days ) . No love lost full on ..
Bit older now so will leave the fun for the Cov youth to sort out . All adds up to a great day out . PUSB .

clint van damme

Really glad our young supporters are going to get a chance to visit some of these teams.
My son was really young last time we were in the Championship so he saw us play a lot of these teams but only at home. Lower leagues have been great but there will be some big fixtures next season.

matesx

Really glad our young supporters are going to get a chance to visit some of these teams.
My son was really young last time we were in the Championship so he saw us play a lot of these teams but only at home. Lower leagues have been great but there will be some big fixtures next season.

Good post, my lad is 17, only ever known lower league opposition, and I will delighted for him to visit "big" teams grounds with Cov as their equals.

And so will I

TomRad85

Agreed. I remember back in the day being fed up of being stuck in the Championship. Now having come out of it in the wrong direction the teams in it seem massive in comparison to what we've been playing every week. Looking forward to each and every game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

smileycov

Facebook User
which ground will be the new "MK Dons" most will give us 3-4k if needed

Adge

Local rivalries have always played a huge part in the history of football.
Why so negative !!!
One sided silly nonsense. 60-70’s “rivalry” was Wolves, 80’s and 90’s was Villa, 2000’s was Leicester and now it seems to be Sunderland more than anyone else. About time we made our mind up who our “rivals” are.

Users who are viewing this thread