Who is fighting our, the fans corner ? (1 Viewer)

jesus-wept

Todays telegraph saying it will be atleast 14 days before any creditors meeting can take place, then there is a 28 day delay for any proposal to be accepted, then i believe the football league meet to do their "fit and proper" duty it looks like it will be well into the new season before any decision is made.

It is us the fans who suffer. Still not knowing where we will be playing, but when we do how do we get tickets, where from, will there be season tickets, what about juniors, disabled, pensioners all equally important. There doesn't seem to be anyone banging this drum, no Joe Elliott, usually very vocal, loves the media does our Joe, no journalist, MP, radio or TV media. We the fans are the most important people and yet have little or no voice other than a couple websites about 300 use. Okay there's the Trust but another tea and biscuit brigade in my opinion. I have fans coming upto me asking all these questions and seriously worried. .

We have this administrator, Paul Appleton, seemingly dragging his heels, no comment from him apparently, well at the moment while we remain in administration he is running the business and part of that business is the supporters without them there is no business, not Fisher, not sisu, not ACL. This is a business that relies on being able to acquire tickets etc so surely he should let us know any contingency plan he must have should we stay in administration.

It is long overdue that some of our local journalists, politicians and cleb. supprters started seriously rattling some cages publically. I haven't seen one comment from Jim Cunningham, hardly anything from Robinson and Bob Ainsworth seems to have clammed up. You are their constituents get onto them even Robinson.

CJ_covblaze

No doubt Robinson is keeping his mouth shut for obvious reasons! Bob is still working on it all. Despite not being a City fan he's a Coventry man and does care.

jesus-wept

I know Bob Ainsworth is doing his bit and probably more than you think, but where's Cunningham ? Said sweet F/A on the subject i suggest those on here in his constituency get to his constituency meetings and give him some jip. BEFORE he breaks up for his 3 month summer holiday.

Gint11

its frustrating having delays like this. Gutted to hear that no decision will be made for atleast a month.

torchomatic

What's Ainsworth done? He brought it up a few months ago, but that's it.

I know Bob Ainsworth is doing his bit and probably more than you think, but where's Cunningham ? Said sweet F/A on the subject i suggest those on here in his constituency get to his constituency meetings and give him some jip. BEFORE he breaks up for his 3 month summer holiday.

wingy

its frustrating having delays like this. Gutted to hear that no decision will be made for atleast a month.

Its more like two TBH.

There simply has to be an announcement of where The F**K we are going to play . That surely has to be here in this City @ The RICOH while we remain In Admin .

Remember the Forums ,Fishers heavy emphasis that delays would be BAAAD, he seems extremely quit doesn't he .Does this scenario suit him ,we all clamour ,he gets out of Jail on the Horlicks of "Where Are We going To Play" ? :thinking about:

jesus-wept

What's Ainsworth done? He brought it up a few months ago, but that's it.
Well he brought it up and met Appleton and the football league, how influencial that will be who knows and i don't know what else he can do publically. I guess things are being said behind closed doors. I am more concerned with the other two who have said virtually fuck all despite lots of concerned constituents. I just think it is now time for them to be more vocal. No good Robinson for example keeping quiet for possible personal reasons he has to represent his constituents who the vast majority of whom have real concerns and that is apart from the re-generating of the Ricoh area for jobs etc.

CJ_covblaze

Cunningham has been in dialogue with the Sports Minister on this. When, how often and in what context I'm not sure.

jesus-wept

I dare say you are correct CJ but i'm sure you agree these MPs must now become more public, there now needs to be a ground swell of local public opinion. That will attract national attention and we need that more and more and get a momentum going.

chiefdave

given that it now appears we will start the season in admin shouldn't PA be making announcements about where the games will be played and ticketing arrangements? Also, assuming we start at the Ricoh under ACLs offer, how are we going to be able to put season tickets on sale when as soon as SISU take over they'll move us elsewhere.

J

Jack Griffin

Cunningham has been in dialogue with the Sports Minister on this. When, how often and in what context I'm not sure.

I expressed my disappointment in his silence and asked him to explain what he is doing.

StevieM

If you read most of the posts in the threads on here, the fans seem more than content to be fighting and arguing amongst themselves in this little corner. :slap:

Perhaps this is what the deafening silence from Fisher has been all about for the last couple of weeks, leave us alone for long enough and we will turn on each other?? :thinking about:

SkyBlueSwiss

Todays telegraph saying it will be atleast 14 days before any creditors meeting can take place, then there is a 28 day delay for any proposal to be accepted, then i believe the football league meet to do their "fit and proper" duty it looks like it will be well into the new season before any decision is made.

It is us the fans who suffer. Still not knowing where we will be playing, but when we do how do we get tickets, where from, will there be season tickets, what about juniors, disabled, pensioners all equally important. There doesn't seem to be anyone banging this drum, no Joe Elliott, usually very vocal, loves the media does our Joe, no journalist, MP, radio or TV media. We the fans are the most important people and yet have little or no voice other than a couple websites about 300 use. Okay there's the Trust but another tea and biscuit brigade in my opinion. I have fans coming upto me asking all these questions and seriously worried. .

We have this administrator, Paul Appleton, seemingly dragging his heels, no comment from him apparently, well at the moment while we remain in administration he is running the business and part of that business is the supporters without them there is no business, not Fisher, not sisu, not ACL. This is a business that relies on being able to acquire tickets etc so surely he should let us know any contingency plan he must have should we stay in administration.

It is long overdue that some of our local journalists, politicians and cleb. supprters started seriously rattling some cages publically. I haven't seen one comment from Jim Cunningham, hardly anything from Robinson and Bob Ainsworth seems to have clammed up. You are their constituents get onto them even Robinson.

Unfortunately JW, you are confusing the way football used to be with the modern "business" of Football where the fans are a nuisance.

wingy

If you read most of the posts in the threads on here, the fans seem more than content to be fighting and arguing amongst themselves in this little corner. :slap:

Perhaps this is what the deafening silence from Fisher has been all about for the last couple of weeks, leave us alone for long enough and we will turn on each other?? :thinking about:

Plant the seed of the Conciencious objector and eiderdown everywhere.

StevieM

Years ago in my last job I used to be the shop steward for our group of workers. I wish that I had a pound for every time someone would say "What are the union doing for us??"
to which I would always reply.."we are the union, what are you doing for yourself !!"

Every time I have a look on this forum I am just hoping that someone has come along on their white horse with a huge cheque book and bitch slapped Fisher and Seppala et al with it and that they have gone and it will be happy days...but unfortunately for sure I don't think that there are any shiney knights from the USA, the football League or whoever that are going to help to make this an easy ride.
I think that it is down to us the "nuisances" to coin SkyBlueswiss' phrase to make a stand and try to do it ourselves.
To me it would seem that our best weapon would be to stand together but sadly it would appear that even that is too big an ask..even though we all want the same thing, our football club back and to concentrate on supporting the team.

PUSB

jesus-wept

Times have changed almost unbelievably StevieM from just 20 years ago. Gone has the ability to protest, gone have the leadership, shop stewards became convenors, who became councillors who became MPs who supported and fought for the little people, us.

georgehudson

well perhaps TF via his controllers are working along the lines of 'divide & conquer'
one thing is evident from this is that well over 90% are against the owners,
& who is that then ?
we don't know,
nobody owns more than 10%,
yet according to the man who wants a Seppala Statue,
she has put in £45m,
i would have thought that the Football League should be taking immediate & strong actions,
not to harm the Club / Fans,
but the controllers / owners

wingy

well perhaps TF via his controllers are working along the lines of 'divide & conquer'
one thing is evident from this is that well over 90% are against the owners,
& who is that then ?
we don't know,
nobody owns more than 10%,
yet according to the man who wants a Seppala Statue,
she has put in £45m,
i would have thought that the Football League should be taking immediate & strong actions,
not to harm the Club / Fans,
but the controllers / owners

Yeah why no mention for Pennsylvania state University pension fund,what about their medal or obelisk.Come to that what about Brody,who bought his share out??:):eek:

Users who are viewing this thread