Who Else Got This Email Tonight Then? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Dear Mr

I wanted to write to you on the back of the report in the Coventry Telegraph surrounding the club’s accounts.

As we said in our media statement, there is nothing new in the accounts – it has become a ‘new’ story because the accounts for the year 2009/2010 (the financial position of the club over a year ago) have been filed at Companies House and are now available to view.

It’s worth noting that despite the position that is portrayed, our owner SISU has continued to invest over the last year.

We had already been up front and honest about our current finances at our recent fans’ forum and, earlier, at the press conference when the new members of the board were announced.

We have made it absolutely clear that the club is seeking new investors to support the investment pumped in by the owner over the past three years.

The ‘debt’ as it is listed and reported, is money the owner has put into the club – it is not money owed to a bank or lending institution.

Again, we have been transparent about this and we’ve made it clear that we need to continue to improve revenue streams across the football club as well as looking for new investment.

For some reason, the investment by the owner over the previous three years seems to be regarded as negative. During this period no-one has made an approach to buy the club. Would the club have been in a better position without the owner’s investment? Clearly the answer is no.

I was going to write that nothing had changed since the fans’ forum but, actually, it has. We have had a very strong uptake on Season Tickets and will continue to push to sell even more between now and August.

On top of that, we’ve had a very good response to the new kit and sales have been way beyond the same period last year.

So there are some real positives, and to that end, we will, where we can, continue to be as open and honest about matters concerning your football club.

Thank you once again for your support

pc.jpg

PAUL CLOUTING
Chief Executive Officer, Coventry City FC

Welshted

Yeah I got the email twice. I found it strangely upbeat by insisting the media is only reporting old news. I'm going to ignore all the financial stuff and hope Thorn gets us playing like we can do. Even if the 'crucial three' are no longer with us.

blueflint

first time ive seen it will ignore it and hope for a good close season with maybe a new player or two

howzer

Banned
i did Torch, nice to speak to you again after the CET forum has seemed to have died, i dont know why

Nonleagueherewecome

Alrite matey!
I didn't get it 'cos my season ticket-buddy gets all our correspondence from the club to his address, but I'll text him tomorrow-I assume he did.

I'm in favour of it, and pretty much agree with what it says. Yeah the picture aint pretty, but that's what all the mess in the Spring was about-we know, it isn't new news. What it is is the CT becoming ever more tabloidesque in tone, content and style-which means we're going to have a lot more unsubstantiated rumours to put up with from them, either direct from the pages of their parent publication or recycled from off this forum.

dutchman

i did Torch, nice to speak to you again after the CET forum has seemed to have died, i dont know why

The newspaper's owners prefer that readers post directly on their news pages rather than in a separate forum. Some media analysts have suggested its a ploy to inflate readership figures and the advertising revenue it generates.

The Telegraph is leaving Corporation Street anyway and in all probability will be merged in all but name with the Birmingham Mail.

Nick

Administrator
I got it as well. I will wait until the outcome of the King saga before I start believing anything they say!

smileycov

Facebook User
Yep got it, It is true that the CT is just turning over old news though. I like the end line............matters concerning YOUR club :p

Tankie

Hi Torch,
despite our differences over the last few seasons, I cant tell you how delighted I am to see you posting on this forum, after the sudden Demise of the Telegraph one, this was done in a most secretive, underhanded way, behind the smokescreen of "Closed for Maintainence" I was devastated, considered, it a low sneaky way of closing a cracking Board, it felt like losing friends and family,but its the posters who make or break a forum, and I see no reason that this one cant replace it.
How can we alert some of the old family torch, I particulary miss sky Blue Fred, and although you'll cringe, LBB.
glad your'e Back in print...Best regards...TankTop..

Users who are viewing this thread