Who do you blame? (1 Viewer)

Who do you despise the most in this saga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magwitch

It has to be Tim Fisher, he’s been the architect of our demise, first from the championship and then Division one. He’s had luck too with the two Wembley days. Northampton was down to him and his sidekick Steve Waggott. The fact Fisher is still here and now playing the poor us card and I’ll do everything until blood runs from my eyes to get things right make me feel physically ill.

no_loyalty

Ranson fucked us double. Bought sisu here in the first place and refused to buy the stadium when he had the chance instead preferring to back Chris fucking Coleman.

Man City, Southampton and Villa had a very lucky escape, more so Southampton as the Sisu deal to buy them hit a last minute snag.

fernandopartridge

For what?

For the current situation i blame the council for selling the stadium to Wasps. It was 100% on them to do that.

For a range of things that happened prior to that the list of numerous and includes the club's current and previous owners and directors: the Higgs charity; Gordon Strachan; the Council and leastly probably us as fans for not being too unquestioning about the merits of the Ricoh move and the deal that made it happen.

shmmeee

For what?

For the current situation i blame the council for selling the stadium to Wasps. It was 100% on them to do that.

For a range of things that happened prior to that the list of numerous and includes the club's current and previous owners and directors: the Higgs charity; Gordon Strachan; the Council and leastly probably us as fans for not being too unquestioning about the merits of the Ricoh move and the deal that made it happen.

Hard to do this in current environment and over text, but genuine question.

Do you think we could afford a rent on the Ricoh at our level, or do you think we’d need to own it (for ancillary income)?

Captain Dart

upload_2019-2-27_20-57-16.png
Huge supporting cast.

shmmeee

Can you rephrase please?

Not sure I can. Does the club as it currently exists earn enough in gate receipts to pay a market rate rental income on the Ricoh?

Or would we need to be able to access other income streams to make it viable? Either through part/full Ownership or some kind of deal where we purchase them.

In your opinion.

fernandopartridge

Not sure I can. Does the club as it currently exists earn enough in gate receipts to pay a market rate rental income on the Ricoh?

Or would we need to be able to access other income streams to make it viable? Either through part/full Ownership or some kind of deal where we purchase them.

In your opinion.

Difficult to establish what the market rate is for renting a stadium for up to 30 event days a year as is the case currently. Perhaps what it pays currently is actually a market rent which does seem to be affordable.
If the rent went up significantly it would ideally need to be offset by an increase in income through a share in ACL, but I think the cost of buying into that is too much for the club to bear.
I think the outlook for both CCFC and Wasps is grim.

stay_up_skyblues

I’ve gone for Seppala purely because we had the chance when her lot took over to buy back 50% of the ground. This would have avoided everything that followed.

True, there are many villains who arguably started the rot but it was in SISU’s hands for a few years to own something tangible. And if Ranson led them up the garden path, then that again falls on their recruitment process, and subsequent strategy. If they invested based on his pitch alone then shame on them.

And since then... she’s sanctioned the move away and funded the worst squad we ever ever had in my lifetime to go down to division 4.

Also sanctioned the attempted distressing of ACL, and so step in Wasps.

Don’t get me started on the other sanctioned appointments of Orange Ken, the African guy and the random bloke from Canada.

You can argue that she merely directs the hedgefund, but the apppintment of the senior management team ultimately sits with SISU and so they have to take the blame for a decade of obscenely bad business decisions.

She/SISU can bollocks.

fernandopartridge

I’ve gone for Seppala purely because we had the chance when her lot took over to buy back 50% of the ground. This would have avoided everything that followed.

True, there are many villains who arguably started the rot but it was in SISU’s hands for a few years to own something tangible. And if Ranson led them up the garden path, then that again falls on their recruitment process, and subsequent strategy. If they invested based on his pitch alone then shame on them.

And since then... she’s sanctioned the move away and funded the worst squad we ever ever had in my lifetime to go down to division 4.

Also sanctioned the attempted distressing of ACL, and so step in Wasps.

Don’t get me started on the other sanctioned appointments of Orange Ken, the African guy and the random bloke from Canada.

You can argue that she merely directs the hedgefund, but the apppintment of the senior management team ultimately sits with SISU and so they have to take the blame for a decade of obscenely bad business decisions.

She/SISU can bollocks.
Buy laid half of ACL who had a 50 year lease at a formula nearly 4 times the price Wasps paid lol

stay_up_skyblues

Buy laid half of ACL who had a 50 year lease at a formula nearly 4 times the price Wasps paid lol

The first part of your post is incoherent but I assume you’re referring to the option to buy 50% of ACL who, at the time, had a 50 year lease. From memory, and I could well be wrong, and probably am, it was something like £5,000,000 for that share. If so my point stands, had we owned 50 % of what Wasps now own, albeit for half the period, all of this could have been avoided.

singers_pore

Proportion of blame
Brian Richardson 10%
Mike McGinnity 5%
Council 10%
SISU 70%
Wasps 5%

Proportion of contempt
Richardson 1%
McGinnity 1%
Council 20%
SISU 39%
Wasps 39%

Would most like to see go bust

SISU 50%
Wasps 50%

Most likely to win ‘Hedge fund of the year’

Nobody

Would agree with that except for the last one. I'd definitely prefer Wasps to go bust.

shmmeee

Difficult to establish what the market rate is for renting a stadium for up to 30 event days a year as is the case currently. Perhaps what it pays currently is actually a market rent which does seem to be affordable.
If the rent went up significantly it would ideally need to be offset by an increase in income through a share in ACL, but I think the cost of buying into that is too much for the club to bear.
I think the outlook for both CCFC and Wasps is grim.

Do you reckon we could pay that rent without Wasps also being there? I mean would that be viable for ACL?

I’m asking because I have a belief we simply can’t afford the Ricoh and I’m curious what others think.

fernandopartridge

The first part of your post is incoherent but I assume you’re referring to the option to buy 50% of ACL who, at the time, had a 50 year lease. From memory, and I could well be wrong, and probably am, it was something like £5,000,000 for that share. If so my point stands, had we owned 50 % of what Wasps now own, albeit for half the period, all of this could have been avoided.
Buy back half of ACL, not sure why it said laid. The formula price for that was far more than the best and final offer of approx £5.5m that was what the Heads of Terms were over in 2012. That £5.5m was double what Wasps paid for the share (even ignoring the lease extension).

fernandopartridge

Do you reckon we could pay that rent without Wasps also being there? I mean would that be viable for ACL?

I’m asking because I have a belief we simply can’t afford the Ricoh and I’m curious what others think.

ACL made a £3m loss last year, £1.6m ignoring interest and exceptional items. It's now 13 years since it came into being and it hasn't yet sustained profit and will have increasing maintenance costs to bear.
I'm not sure really. My main reason for wanting CCFC ownership of a long lease at the arena is that it might be the key to making SISU fuck off.

ajsccfc

Whatever happens and whether we'll still exist in six months or not, I'll always be grateful for SISU giving us the story of Onye Igwe suggesting an elephant mascot sends out a bad body image to kids.

Mcbean

Red Ken ................. had the best idea - i'm sure if he was asked to play he would have said yes

chiefdave

From memory, and I could well be wrong, and probably am, it was something like £5,000,000 for that share. If so my point stands, had we owned 50 % of what Wasps now own, albeit for half the period, all of this could have been avoided.
It was £10m and it was for a fifth of the period Wasps were offered.

Ashdown

Pre 2007, A succession of Chairmen, shareholders, managers, players and agents and the demands of us fans.
Post 2007, Poor managers, overpaid players, litigious and appallingly incompetent owners, spiteful councillors, Wasps owners.
Overall: 40 % club officials from approx. 1992-2007
40 % SISU's mismanagement
15 % Councils spite
15% Wasps immorality
Ultimately money has ruined the game, driven by TV deals, football always had some disparity but clubs attracted and paid the best players through having big support and the revenue that they created, the successful clubs now are those who hit the Prem as the big TV deals struck, it could have been us but our timeline of events left us just missing out.

ovduk78

Pre 2007, A succession of Chairmen, shareholders, managers, players and agents and the demands of us fans.
Post 2007, Poor managers, overpaid players, litigious and appallingly incompetent owners, spiteful councillors, Wasps owners.
15 % Councils spite
15% Wasps immorality
Ultimately money has ruined the game, driven by TV deals, football always had some disparity but clubs attracted and paid the best players through having big support and the revenue that they created, the successful clubs now are those who hit the Prem as the big TV deals struck, it could have been us but our timeline of events left us just missing out.

Yep, the full 110% accounted for there, you didn't use to be a footballer did you?

rob9872

15 % Councils spite
15% Wasps immorality
That's 110% :)

shmmeee

ACL made a £3m loss last year, £1.6m ignoring interest and exceptional items. It's now 13 years since it came into being and it hasn't yet sustained profit and will have increasing maintenance costs to bear.
I'm not sure really. My main reason for wanting CCFC ownership of a long lease at the arena is that it might be the key to making SISU fuck off.

Whether the Ricoh is sustainable in and of itself is a fair question, and I suppose supports my assertation that it’s not sustainable for CCFC, which is what I care about.

I can appreciate that about Sisu. Giving them an asset. Of course there’s always the worry they keep it and rent it to the new owners. As we’ve seen, you can’t stop people doing what they want when they’re on a long lease unless it’s written into the terms.

I just wish there were a decent second stadium around that fits our average crowd well. Even though my heart sees us as a temporarily embarrassed Premier League team, my head says L1/Lower Championship at best is likely for the foreseeable.

Fucking football man, when did it stop being about, well, football? I really don’t want to care about stadium revenue streams and rental agreements.

fernandopartridge

A Club not owning its Stadium seems doomed in the current environment.
It's less about the ownership but more about the type of rental deal, and whether the deal gives the club the ability to exploit the stadium facilities to drive revenue.

chiefdave

Whether the Ricoh is sustainable in and of itself is a fair question, and I suppose supports my assertation that it’s not sustainable for CCFC, which is what I care about.
There's little to make CCFC different to anyone else. Either the stadium is sustainable or its not.

Users who are viewing this thread