Who are the Sky Blue Trust (1 Viewer)

city old boy

Just who are theySelf appointed super hero'sHow many members (i dont know anybody involved)One of them was inteviewed the other week on the radio and asked how a meeting with SISU went he replyed i dont know couldn't go and haven't spoken to anybody yet.Why do CWR bother with them.

wozey

I think you are a little harsh I talk to the guy who was on the phone in last week on twitter and he's a genuine guy who's trying to get answers for us all. Don't be disrespectful to people you have no idea about the trust are just trying to do something that's more constructive then moaning on a forum

Jot555

Just who are theySelf appointed super hero'sHow many members (i dont know anybody involved)One of them was inteviewed the other week on the radio and asked how a meeting with SISU went he replyed i dont know couldn't go and haven't spoken to anybody yet.Why do CWR bother with them.
<br />
<br />

I've actually interviewed the head of the Sky Blues Supporters Trust. He knows his stuff. They know what they're doing Old Boy. They love the club and they try and do the best for it

Otis

I'm a member too.

Whether you agree with them or not, at least they are trying to do something. Much better than just sitting on a keyboard and moaning on a football forum.

They are well intentioned and passionate about Coventry City and they wish to strengthen the bond between the club and the fans.

MichaelCCFC

The Sky Blue Trust is a legally constituted, independenet, democartic, not for profit supporters group with membership open to all ccfc fans. Board members are elected by the membership. Swansea Trust is a great example of what can be achieved by supporters joining together and getting an ownership stake in their club. A year ago the Sky Blue Trust was moribund but after a relaunch last summer is up to 800 members and being praised in Parliamentary debate http://tinyurl.com/d38mtl7 and getting considerable media coverage eg http://tinyurl.com/cmnzsdj . After extensive consultation (the Trust is truly democratic) our objective and aims are as below. I'm membership sec so anything you want to know have a look at skybluetrust.co.uk or email me at [email protected]

The Sky Blue Trust wants a Coventry City Football Club which has success on the pitch, is financially stable and rooted in the community. We believe that greater involvement of supporters is vital for the future of the Club.

the Trust's aims are to
• obtain an ownership stake in CCFC, giving supporters a direct say in the running of the Club and having at least one democratically elected Trust member on the CCFC Board – like at Swansea;• advocate financial stability for CCFC, with a business model based on avoiding unsustainable debt, and profits being reinvested directly in the Club;
• have City fans recognised as the lifeblood of the Club.

Gaz

I'v nothing against the trust and applaud them for trying to do what it is they do.

But the one thing that pisses me off, is when they are referred to as the voice of the fans or some crap like that.

Because they don't represent my views and don't speak for me.

Waldorf

I'v nothing against the trust and applaud them for trying to do what it is they do.

But the one thing that pisses me off, is when they are referred to as the voice of the fans or some crap like that.

Because they don't represent my views and don't speak for me.

And they have never claimed to speak for anybody other that their own members. They can hardly be blamed for what some ignorant radio commentator says, can they

S

skyblue2k

Can anyone confirm if there was a meeting between CCFC and the trust tonight and if so is there any news that can be passed along?

Gaz

And they have never claimed to speak for anybody other that their own members. They can hardly be blamed for what some ignorant radio commentator says, can they

Nope they can't be blamed.
That's why I never did blame them.

Did I ??

georgehudson

as far as i am aware the SBT are all CCFC fans & want nothing more than the club to do well,
i've been to meetings & would say that they have given the true & honest impression that they want the best for CCFC,
i'm a member because i wholeheartedly am a CCFC fan / supporter / etc.,
don't stand on the sidelines being hypercritical,
join up & help us fans have a voice in OUR club,
PUSB

Paxman II

The Trust is an established body with some 700+ members who have an interest in representing the supporters of CFFC.
What they say or do is up to them and their members.

I personally applaud their efforts while at the same time find it for the most part irrelevent. Sorry.

You can never represent the supporters as a whole just a fabled few. You can't speak for everyone I'm afraid and what is startling to me is the approach they assume to take. It must be remembered we are all followers and supporters but CCFC is a private business, not a private members club we are all subscribed to.

Like it or not the owners will do as they wish or believe is right for them. So would I, if it was my business. The only thing the Trust can do is help represent opinion of the supporters based on the body of their membership. Much like this forum and others with thousands of members the football club could listen to opinion from.

For the Trust to suggest they get a foothold in the boardroom, effect decision making is not laudable but laughable.
If the membership were to increase to 15 or 20,000 then they may have a case for being heard.

Don't get me wrong if the club listens to you then great but is what you are saying what the rest of us want? I have listened to some of the stuff from their spokesman and I don't think he is qualified enough to represent the greater good, not for me at any rate. It's not my club, it's not your club either. It's a business. The word 'club' is really a misnomer. Do CCFC hand out memberships?

Good luck with all you do as well intentioned as you are but this current mess will get sorted without you.

skyblu3sk

Considering joining this in it's new guise. The last SB trust was a bit of a joke, The new leadership seems to be doing the job. I can't see why any sky blues fan wouldn't want to join? Think it is a quid or something and shows that their are fans out there who give a damn... Just my thoughts.

Otis

Tis just a quid.

Think the goals are a bit more clearly defined now and they are focusing upon the right things.

Coventrycityfc

Rather than people being critical and negative put a £1 in join up and air your views in something that is for the fans and more importantly for the greater of the club. Well done SBT keep up the great work. PUSB

MichaelCCFC

Can anyone confirm if there was a meeting between CCFC and the trust tonight and if so is there any news that can be passed along?

Trust met Tim Fisher/Mark Labovitch last Friday and this Tuesday. Last night (Thursday) was just a Trust Board meeting, which I couldn't make, but was just about organisational stuff e.g. trying to sign people up on Saturday, getting our legal constitution updated so we have a legal basis on which to act dependent on scenarios, that kind of dull but necessary and ridiculously time consuming sort of stuff.

MichaelCCFC

The Trust is an established body with some 700+ members who have an interest in representing the supporters of CFFC.
What they say or do is up to them and their members.

I personally applaud their efforts while at the same time find it for the most part irrelevent. Sorry.

You can never represent the supporters as a whole just a fabled few. You can't speak for everyone I'm afraid and what is startling to me is the approach they assume to take. It must be remembered we are all followers and supporters but CCFC is a private business, not a private members club we are all subscribed to.

Like it or not the owners will do as they wish or believe is right for them. So would I, if it was my business. The only thing the Trust can do is help represent opinion of the supporters based on the body of their membership. Much like this forum and others with thousands of members the football club could listen to opinion from.

For the Trust to suggest they get a foothold in the boardroom, effect decision making is not laudable but laughable.
If the membership were to increase to 15 or 20,000 then they may have a case for being heard.

Don't get me wrong if the club listens to you then great but is what you are saying what the rest of us want? I have listened to some of the stuff from their spokesman and I don't think he is qualified enough to represent the greater good, not for me at any rate. It's not my club, it's not your club either. It's a business. The word 'club' is really a misnomer. Do CCFC hand out memberships?

Good luck with all you do as well intentioned as you are but this current mess will get sorted without you.

The point about 'representing fans' is a perennial problem. We've made clear in the new aims leaflet that the Trust represents and gives voice to the views of its members and we keep hammering that point home but journos don't necessarily reflect that.

Re: "For the Trust to suggest they get a foothold in the boardroom, effect decision making is not laudable but laughable" - what about Swansea? They started with 20 blokes in a pub and now have a 20% share of the club, 2 directors, financial stability, are in the prem, have won a trophy. If that's laughable i'd certainly settle for it!

Jackoskyblue

The point about 'representing fans' is a perennial problem. We've made clear in the new aims leaflet that the Trust represents and gives voice to the views of its members and we keep hammering that point home but journos don't necessarily reflect that.

Re: "For the Trust to suggest they get a foothold in the boardroom, effect decision making is not laudable but laughable" - what about Swansea? They started with 20 blokes in a pub and now have a 20% share of the club, 2 directors, financial stability, are in the prem, have won a trophy. If that's laughable i'd certainly settle for it!

Thinking about joining the trust and I guess your a member? Can you still have a say/put across opinions even if you cannot go to meetings, do a lot of members email suggestions ?

What is the fighting fund ? When you go to join up it says fighting fund what does it mean ? And what would that money be used for ?

Gaz

I'm not a trust member at the moment, maybe I will one day, and maybe I wont.
I'm open to the idea and not dismissive. But does that mean i'm not wholeheartedly a CCFC fan / supporter / etc., :confused: ... No
And just because you don't join the trust, doesn't mean you are being hypercritical of them.

Turning up to the games and supporting the team shows me that there are fans out there who give a dam.

I'm worried by the idea that a member of an 800 strong supporters group will have an elected member on the clubs board as a representation of the fans, as they don't represent enough of them.

We're all members off CCFC.

Covstu

Our current trust doesn't have the power that other clubs trusts do at present due to lack of membership. We need to get behind the trust and everyone to join and participate if we are to truly be heard. I am not a member currently but this is something that I will remedy immediately and emailed the dude about joining.

As this forum suggests all fans do not think alike so you cannot have a true 'one voice' however if there is enough members you can have a majority voice which is nearly as good. One thing is for sure, we all want CCFC to prosper and I think backing the trust rather than undermining them is the better way to go.

Gaz

I do take that point on Michael, but I have never once heard a SkyBlue trust representer turn around and correct an interviewer on the radio after being introduced as fans representation or fans vioce.
If they did, then I for one would have a lot more respect for the group.

I'm not against the idea of a supporters trust.
Far from it.

LarryGrayson

id get behind them if they stopped meeting in pubes lol makes em look lick a load of alcohols lol

MichaelCCFC

I do take that point on Michael, but I have never once heard a SkyBlue trust representer turn around and correct an interviewer on the radio after being introduced as fans representation or fans vioce.
If they did, then I for one would have a lot more respect for the group.

I'm not against the idea of a supporters trust.
Far from it.

Good point. I've passed it on to Jan the trust spokesman

MichaelCCFC

Thinking about joining the trust and I guess your a member? Can you still have a say/put across opinions even if you cannot go to meetings, do a lot of members email suggestions ?

Yes - you can email theskybluetrust@gmail at any time with comments/ideas/suggestions/questions etc. Would be great if you joined!

What is the fighting fund ? When you go to join up it says fighting fund what does it mean ? And what would that money be used for ?

The FF was started a while ago basically just to raise a bit more money in preparation for if events turned out as they have done, just to help with practical things like website development or if expert legal advice has to be paid for. those kind of things

Otis

But you've just done it again!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You keep saying 'pubes' when you clearly mean 'pubes!'

Gaz

Can you imagine telling your Mrs that you are going on a pubes crawl with the lads :laugh::laugh:

Gaz

I think Otis was just taking the Mick there Brian mate

torchomatic

Well, I've just joined.

Steve.B50

I am a member of the Trust and proud to be so, just as I am a City fan.
We need fans to get behind this group as they might be able to help club one day.
I suppose what gets me is that some might knock the Trust but these people have probably never been to a meeting or been on the Web site.
A personal view and this only mine, everyone should join the Trust.

Users who are viewing this thread