Who are Coventry City's Rivals? (1 Viewer)

sportprof101

Hello Coventry City Fans,

Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been studying rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the EFL Championship. We also want to start the rivalry conversation here. Please help us ensure that Coventry City are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include Coventry City by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

mark82

Hello Coventry City Fans,

Since 2014, we—the students and professors of the Know Rivalry Project—have been studying rivalry for sports in North America with the help of message board members. Now we are expanding our research to the EFL Championship. We also want to start the rivalry conversation here. Please help us ensure that Coventry City are included by taking 9 minutes to complete our updated survey:

Our previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, as well as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website.

We use the Qualtrics online survey software for data collection. This academic research has been approved by two US universities' Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and it poses no risks to respondents. You'll find more information on the disclosure agreement that is required to start the survey. Thank you for helping us to include Coventry City by participating and please share this with any other fans that may also help.

Jonah, Student Researcher, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University
Dr. David Tyler, University of Massachusetts—Amherst

Once you click Coventry City it starts talking about league one. Get that updated 🙂

block16

Was wasps until the new agreement. Older fans will say villa but I find that a bit cringe as we haven't played them in 20 years! Leicester city and Sunderland for the younger generations. Loved beating the mackems last few times we've played them !!

Magwitch1

Going back to 1967 it was Wolverhampton Wanderers promoted to the then first division now the Premiership together but Wolves were relegated a few years later and drifted down the divisions and the rivalry dropped away. Now our fans probably see football wise Aston Villa or Leicester as our rivals but they don’t see us as their rivals,

Adge

Some will shout Villa or Leicester from the rooftops but in reality it’s just a one sided load of nonsense on our behalf.

rob9872

With CCTV and the modern fan, rivalries are dead. Your enemy is whoever you are playing on any given day and beyond that it's all a bit pointless unless you're a) living in the past, b) a green street wannabe or c) quite fancy an early morning knock on the door from old bill.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

BEDWORTH UNITED FC

SlowerThanPlatt

We don’t have a team who sees us as their biggest rival/game, from my experience that makes other fans see us as a smaller club than we are.

Liquid Gold

Some will shout Villa or Leicester from the rooftops but in reality it’s just a one sided load of nonsense on our behalf.
The rivalry with Villa is one sided but Leicester definitely give a shit about us, more so than we did about them for years. The rivalry with Leicester developed because neither of us really has anybody else.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Just a little feedback, it wasn't the easiest form to follow and was pretty lengthy. I'd be lying if I said I made it to the end. Might want to make a shorter version which is slightly easier to follow to get a higher quality data pool.

I got to the end, but it was a ball ache filling it in. I chose Leicester as our main rivals, and at the end of the survey in the additional comments box I added shit on the Leicester.

Hobo

Whoever we play next

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Aston Villa, Leicester - Local derby rivalries
Birmingham - st andrews rivalry
Sunderland - They think we are rivals but we are to good for them

ms639

To put this in a way you will understand

Aston Villa - Yank translation: The Birmingh-Ham Claret Lions
Leicester City - Yank translation: The Lie-Sester Amber Foxes

Go Soccer BALL - Messi to score 8 field goals from the baseline!!!!!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Blues fans I’ve met like us, we’re not on their radar rivalry wise
I live here and I’ve never had one bit of ‘banter’ in 15 years from the blues fans. Well, unless I started it ;)

Whoever said Villa and Leicester aren’t rivals wasn’t about in the 80’s…(yes, I know it was eleventy billion years ago but they’re still cunts)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread