Whilst we’re on the subject... (1 Viewer)

AStonesThrow

My son has been training and playing for Bedworth Warriors for around a year now, absolutely loving being part of a proper team.

Unfortunately, the guy who was running the show in the beginning was actually on the fiddle, pocketing parents money paid for training fees, shirt sponsor money too, leaving the outstanding amount on the kits unpaid. The total we’re aware of is £5,500 that has been taken, but thought to be higher.

Initially I wrote a detailed article about what happened and named the guy, but had a change of heart when I thought about it being so public. If you have football playing children, feel free to message me for the guys name because apparently he’s done something similar previously and there’s already whispers of him getting involved in another football team. Don’t get defrauded like we did.

His actions, along with the fact he let our children down when they looked upto him is frankly disgusting.

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

What a thieving little tosser.... as parents you put your trust in these people. Pffffffff

Greggs

Used to play against Bedworth Eagles as a kid, they all had the same haircut, inbreds......

D

Deleted member 2477

My son has been training and playing for Bedworth Warriors for around a year now, absolutely loving being part of a proper team.

Unfortunately, the guy who was running the show in the beginning was actually on the fiddle, pocketing parents money paid for training fees, shirt sponsor money too, leaving the outstanding amount on the kits unpaid. The total we’re aware of is £5,500 that has been taken, but thought to be higher.

Initially I wrote a detailed article about what happened and named the guy, but had a change of heart when I thought about it being so public. If you have football playing children, feel free to message me for the guys name because apparently he’s done something similar previously and there’s already whispers of him getting involved in another football team. Don’t get defrauded like we did.

His actions, along with the fact he let our children down when they looked upto him is frankly disgusting.
So why hasnt he been reported to the police, local Lado and the football club agencies ?
no good posting it on a forum that has nothing to do with subject and you are leaving yourself open to litigation. If you have the evidence then do the right thing and report it appropriately

Rich

My son went for a few weeks. It was only £20 you put in for the kit deposit, but we never got that back.
He left his teaching job at the school under a cloud too by the look of it.

cc84cov

My sons team are playing Bedworth warriors today my lad is 7 not sure if it’s your lads team their playing

Legia Sky Blue

It seems obvious, but I presume you have reported him to the Police?

AStonesThrow

It seems obvious, but I presume you have reported him to the Police?
So why hasnt he been reported to the police, local Lado and the football club agencies ?
no good posting it on a forum that has nothing to do with subject and you are leaving yourself open to litigation. If you have the evidence then do the right thing and report it appropriately
This is all in hand by the guys higher up, and my intentions for writing this post are to make parents aware to help prevent any others having this happen. Just a parent looking out for other parents 🤷🏻‍♂️

ccfc1234

My son went for a few weeks. It was only £20 you put in for the kit deposit, but we never got that back.
He left his teaching job at the school under a cloud too by the look of it.
Is there enough from what people ppl on here know to report him to the DBS?

better days

This sort of thing is much more common than people realise
Anyone who has been involved in kid's football will know that 95% of parents won't even help put nets up let alone get involved in the financial side of things

AStonesThrow

This sort of thing is much more common than people realise
Anyone who has been involved in kid's football will know that 95% of parents won't even help put nets up let alone get involved in the financial side of things
Conversely, the Warriors Hawks under 8’s that Harry plays for was being managed by one of the Dads who was just helping out when it came out about the fraudulent guy. This guy dumping the entire team and it’s documentation etc along with one football and some cones onto the Dads porch before he disappeared.

Since then, the same Dad and one other have took over the full overseeing and arrangements of the Hawks under 8 team and have done an incredible job, a lovely close parent group and a team of lads that just get better week by week, who couldn’t be enjoying their football more!

Hobo

You could consider taking him to a small claims court. Will cost about £60 and if you win you can claim expensis.

better days

Conversely, the Warriors Hawks under 8’s that Harry plays for was being managed by one of the Dads who was just helping out when it came out about the fraudulent guy. This guy dumping the entire team and it’s documentation etc along with one football and some cones onto the Dads porch before he disappeared.

Since then, the same Dad and one other have took over the full overseeing and arrangements of the Hawks under 8 team and have done an incredible job, a lovely close parent group and a team of lads that just get better week by week, who couldn’t be enjoying their football more!
Good to hear
Hope that something can be done about the crook

BornSlippySkyBlue

On a wider note, savour those times with your kids. I know it can sometimes be a chore taking them training, helping put up nets or standing freezing cold or wet on the touchline somewhere, but you will get so many memories and stories to share.
It’s the (metal) goalposts that do it for me! And @better days is right, always the same blokes (and it is the blokes ;)) who help with goals etc.

But totally agree, my son’s never going to be playing for Man U (thank fuck) but watching them all progress as a team through the age groups has been amazing. Would rather stand in the pissing rain watching his team play than watch the Nations league, that’s for sure.

AStonesThrow

On a wider note, savour those times with your kids. I know it can sometimes be a chore taking them training, helping put up nets or standing freezing cold or wet on the touchline somewhere, but you will get so many memories and stories to share.
Absolutely, watching him play is the highlight of my week, followed by watching the sky blues with him on the Saturday afternoons 👌🏼

Users who are viewing this thread