Which would you prefer next season: Championship football or back at Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

cov4theprem

Both would be nice, but if you had to pick one what would it be? For me (Cov fan in Derby) I would prefer Championship football, as this by default would increase revenue and force ground change.

I respect and agree with much of the NOPM campaign but have still brought my kids (aged 3 and 6) Cov shirts, as I don't want them discovering Derby County or Man Utd etc. I'm sure SISU know that they have made a poor decision and incensed fans (including me), but is it really necessary to stay away beyond 3 games just to prove Mr Fisher wrong? Lets face it who really cares about his opinions anyway?

Lets get behind the team help them reach the play-offs. Leeds managed it with a 15 point deduction not so long ago...

skybluelee

I would rather start next season in L2 at the Ricoh than the Championship at Northampton. If the overwhelming majority of supportes don't agree then we really are in the shit.

torchomatic

Ricoh. Surely, that is the single most important objective?

RoboCCFC90

Championship Football at the Ricoh.

BrisbaneBronco

Every supporter of every football club, wants their team to play at the highest level possible so why would we be any different?
Of course, you would also expect your team to be playing in your own city.
I do not expect CCFC to ever return to the Ricoh or indeed the city of Coventry, whilst SISU remain as owners. Even if we had new owners, we would have to have ownership of ACL and a share of the Ricoh for it to be workable. We have to have a club that is not obligated to the likes of ACL/CCC.
If we get our 10 points back, then I would say promotion to the championship would be more likely than a return to the Ricoh. Knowing SISU, if we got the points back, they would sell players which would scupper promotion, but we would survive in League 1.
I am totally pissed off with Football at present due to the handling of this whole administration process. Spineless FL, SISU crooks, incompetent administrator.
I am just hoping that something dramatically happens, and SISU depart, so that CCFC supporters can go and watch SP and the players in large numbers. They deserve the support, but I am sure they understand fully why they are not getting it.

Manchester_sky_blue

It would depend on the circumstances of the return to the Ricoh, if it was because the club is under new ownership and SISU are gone then id pick the Ricoh, no question. But a return to the Ricoh with SISU still in control won't change anything so in that instance id have to pick championship.

Kingokings204

despite what some may say I think its an interesting question. If I was pushed I would go with championship football as returning to Coventry would most likely follow due to attendances etc. Its a posing question and clearly divides everyone. good post. (moving to Northampton doesn't stop me supporting Coventry City and wanting them to win)

skybluelee

My opinion was based on SISU being gone. I can't see us returning under their 'leadership' given that their strategy is clearly to put ACL out of business.

cov4theprem

I'm no plant, I just followed them for 30 odd years and now with young family only watch them 6 times a season (yes Arsenal away, Crewe....). I have never lived in Coventry so do not have the same bond to the city as others, I just support the team. Success on the pitch will give success off the pitch, then we should all be happy.

bigfatronssba

I would rather watch ccfc at the Ricoh in the blue square north than in Northampton in the championship.

League positions have now become irrelevant.

NorthernWisdom

Plant ?! They keep popping up with their little story all followed by , back the boys blah blah blah !

I hesitate to point this out, but if you wanted to throw some anti-SISU opinion formers onto this board, some of the most obvious choices are the ones that are most pro-SISU.

Or... we could stop with the paranoia for more than 5 minutes?

Paxman II

Well it's a good hypothetical but surely the higher up the league chain you get the more money and potential you get making the other issues of stadium more likely to be resolved in the course of things?

For example how many think that a deal at the Ricoh would be in place if we were in the Premier League starting this season and would not witnessed this protracted nonsense we are getting now?

It's all about money folks....follow the money!

ccfc_Tom

Back at the ricoh, although as long as we were back in cov i wouldn't mind where it is we are playing!

James Smith

Back in Coventry.

Sisued

Im torn on this one.
I want cov back in cov but who doesnt want success on the pitch.
Sadly i dont see us achieving either while we are owned by SISU\Arvo\ or whatever the next company name <insert random four letters that seem appropriate> is.
I will be amazed if the transfer window closes and we still have the current squad and more amazed if by the close of the January window we still have any of the players that have been outstanding in the first half of the season.
I have no faith left that our owners have any interest in success on the field

bigfatronssba

Well it's a good hypothetical but surely the higher up the league chain you get the more money and potential you get making the other issues of stadium more likely to be resolved in the course of things?

For example how many think that a deal at the Ricoh would be in place if we were in the Premier League starting this season and would not witnessed this protracted nonsense we are getting now?

It's all about money folks....follow the money!

You say its all about money, but the club is currently worse off for playing away from the Ricoh anyway.

It annoys me how its portrayed in the national press as most people think we've moved to Northampton to save money, when in reality the opposite is happening.

letsallsingtogether

Sorry everyone but have to agree with bfr ricoh all day long rest will come...................................
I would rather watch ccfc at the Ricoh in the blue square north than in Northampton in the championship.

League positions have now become irrelevant.

jesus-wept

Make no mistake Fisher and Waggott will do what ever they can to prevent promotion to the championship. Selling the main players will be the first thing.

CovMatt1987

It is a good question - but I would hope the general opinion and answer is back at the Ricoh.

I mean, really, just break it down. we are Cov fans - I also would happily support us whichever league we are in, as long as it is in Coventry. the could be in the Premiership, doesnt matter, still wouldnt go to Northampton to watch us at home. While I hope most agree with me - I respect if peoples opinions differ

ccfcmustang

What we have to remember here is, if we get promoted to the championship this year while at northampton attendances will dramatically rise. Increased revenue and no hope of building a stadium in the Coventry area would significantly enhance the chances of the club relocating. The pull of championship football would see the club supported wherever they chose to move. I would much rather we get relegated, strip the club of all assets until the only permanent object of the club is left, us fans. We could then sustainably rebuild and take CCFC back to where we belong

theferret

What we have to remember here is, if we get promoted to the championship this year while at northampton attendances will dramatically rise. Increased revenue and no hope of building a stadium in the Coventry area would significantly enhance the chances of the club relocating. The pull of championship football would see the club supported wherever they chose to move. I would much rather we get relegated, strip the club of all assets until the only permanent object of the club is left, us fans. We could then sustainably rebuild and take CCFC back to where we belong

There we have it folks. A clear admission of what many of us suspected - that some city fans are actively willing us to lose games.

ccfcmustang

There we have it folks. A clear admission of what many of us suspected - that some city fans are actively willing us to lose games.

Wrong, Please Mr. Ferret give me one good reason why SISU would bring the club back to Coventry if we got promoted? With much higher streams of revenue, a disillusioned fanbase (yes you Mr. Ferret), and no chance of a stadium being built here? Burned bridges unable to be rebuilt with all stakeholders in the club why would they come back? But in reply to your statement, I can see past short term gains (one seaon in the championship being bullied by exceptionally better teams, with no funds to improve the squad) to the long term pain we will all feel with SISU continuing running our club. Try looking past your nose Mr Ferret

ajsccfc

Playing in Coventry above all else. Any kind of success as the roving satellite club we currently are wouldn't mean anywhere near as much.

theferret

Wrong, Please Mr. Ferret give me one good reason why SISU would bring the club back to Coventry if we got promoted? With much higher streams of revenue, a disillusioned fanbase (yes you Mr. Ferret), and no chance of a stadium being built here? Burned bridges unable to be rebuilt with all stakeholders in the club why would they come back? But in reply to your statement, I can see past short term gains (one seaon in the championship being bullied by exceptionally better teams, with no funds to improve the squad) to the long term pain we will all feel with SISU continuing running our club. Try looking past your nose Mr Ferret

Oh wind your neck in. You clearly stated that you would rather we be relegated than promoted, ipso facto you are willing us to lose.

Spare me the bullied by better teams rubbish - as if that is a valid reason to hope we are not promoted. If we are promoted it means, by definition, that we are good enough to play at a higher level.

Lastly, I really can't be arsed to argue with those who seriously believe there is any mileage in the idea that our future lies in Northampton. "Much higher revenue streams" you say? Even if we packed the place out every week (which will never happen), we'd still have an average 10,000 less than our last season in the Championship, which in itself was our worst average in a number of seasons. Not only that, but those going at the moment are only doing so because they think the move is temporary. The moment it becomes permanent they all stop going anyway. There is no long term future in Northampton - promotion or no promotion. In fact, promotion would make a return MORE likely because it would greatly increase the amount of money the club would be missing out on.

We'll be back at the Ricoh before Christmas anyway.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The Premier League & Highfield Road please.....

....I'm building a time machine....I'm going to arrive just in time to punch Bryan Richardson square on the nose, torture him until he agrees to never take "a punt" & then burn all the blueprints for Arena 2000....

...Muhaaw ha ha ha...

Users who are viewing this thread