Which other clubs DON'T own their stadium ? (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

Spot on. Which is why giving Wasps a 250 lease is so frustrating and just as damaging and destructive long term as SISU's ownership.

Absolutely, no disputing we should be able to get out of this this division with good management. The revenue/stadium debate is a long term problem and looking at where we want the club to be in the next 10, 20, 30 years and many years after SISU have left.

M&B Stand

Spot on. Which is why giving Wasps a 250 lease is so frustrating and just as damaging and destructive long term as SISU's ownership.

In 20 years when a Jim Brown type history book comes out, this whole chapter will be a tough read. I do wonder how Pro Wasps comments will look then?

J

Jack Griffin

The problem is SISU, they have hacked of that much of the community that it is no longer viewed as an asset to pay money to associate you company name with the football club. They have a very long way to go before they will attract good sponsorship deals unless they start to put fund names on the shirt. That way they might be able to cross charge something from one account to another:eek: But the days of Local building societies, or car manufactures pumping big bucks in are quite some time away.

As for owning part or all of ACL they had their chance and decided to do it their way, now we are in probably the worst position we have ever been no hope of a new ground an no hope of new owners.......

Coventry Building Society had a sponsorship relationship with CCFC, they ended it.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ventry-building-society-wont-renewing-4696137

Como

Hopefully not but I think we need to get out of the mindset that there's a quick fix or just get SISU out and everything will be OK. As things stand unless Wasps move or go bust we have little chance in a stake in the Ricoh for the next 250 years. In my opinion we're not talking about doing something to solve the problem in the next 10 years, it could be decades. For example if we build a new stadium it may be 50 years before we have paid for it and see the full benefit but we're running out of options.Interestingly unlike SISU Stockport's owners were keen to sell (before they dropped out of the league) however they cited the lack of stadium ownership as the biggest issue in attracting buyers. Think we will have a similar issue.
I have seen no suggestion that the club will build a stadium, certainly not under the current owners.

NorthernWisdom

I believe Ipswich don't own their ground, but pay approach 110k pa lease. They are liable for maintaining pitch and buildings, but take F&B income

Ipswich own the buildings, but not the land the buildings are on.

There are many many clubs who don't own their grounds. Interestingly, the rhetoric is often that they need to.

Not owning the ground being cause or effect? Arguable either way tbh.

skyblueexile

dont forget Hull - the council own the ground charge nothing I believe and pay the club to rent office space !!!!!!!!!

shmmeee

Don't you get it? It wasguln't the Wasps deal that lost us the Ricoh, it was Sides actions and statements. That's why most people are so pissed off, anyone with half a brain saw this a mile off when we started throwing our dummies out the pram. We warned what damage it would do, that we're not the only game in town and a power play was a bad idea. That's why we fought so hard against it, yet some on here including you decided that fighting for good relations with the council was being "a council fanboy". Dont you see? This wasn't just entirely predictable, it was predicted.

The reason getting Sisu out is first priority is partly because their sheer incompetence costs the club in the long term, but also because every day they keep their anti CCC stance is another day Wasps are more embedded and less likely to share. And another day that we are homeless while CCC get on regenerating the city. Now I'd a great time to build bridges, CCC is selling off stuff for development all over the place, we could slot right into that regeneration plan. another couple of years and any prime sites will be gone and we'll end up on an industrial estate in Nuneaton.

I don't mean to sound arsey, just frustrated.

*autocorrect. Autocorrect everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread