Which is the Phoenix club. 1883 or United (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

I am not suggesting for a moment that we abandon CCFC, On the contrary, we should continue our efforts to get CCFC back to the Ricoh. NOPM

However, I see nothing wrong in encouraging and supporting a Phoenix club enabling us watch football in Coventry in the interim at the same time. Which one though ? 1183 or United ? There is only room for one.

PUSB... NOPM

Manchester_sky_blue

Well strictly speaking, neither. 1883 is still just an idea and United is a new team owned and operated by City fans but is not a Phoenix club in the literal sense.

I think that if 1883 gets off the ground it makes sense to combine their efforts with United as they have a team in place already - whether United would be interested in that or not though remains to be seen.

stupot07

Neither. Only a club established once ccfc ceases to exist or is confirmed to a permanent move can claim to be the real Phoenix.

skybluelee

Neither. Only a club established once ccfc ceases to exist or is confirmed to a permanent move can claim to be the real Phoenix.

Agree with that. The problem is that we don't know how long SISU will keep up the pretence of building their make believe stadium. CCFC could be dead now, which I fear it is. If ACL don't cave, ie SISU don't get their grubby hands on the Ricoh, then that will be it. We just don't know how long this game of chicken will last. :-(

stupot07

Agree with that. The problem is that we don't know how long SISU will keep up the pretence of building their make believe stadium. CCFC could be dead now, which I fear it is. If ACL don't cave, ie SISU don't get their grubby hands on the Ricoh, then that will be it. We just don't know how long this game of chicken will last. :-(

True, but we know they have asked for 3 years (plus 2 if needed) ground share. As painful as it is, we need to wait and see what happens.

SkyBlueSwiss

No, we don't need to wait and see what happens. Maybe that works for you and that is fine for you, but others consider the club dead already and consider now is the time for a Phoenix club. It is every persons personal choice as to how they see and interpret what has happened and where we now are.
I for one am not prepared to wait three to five years (and in reality many years more than that - see the examples of other clubs that some have been throwing around as equivalent to our position and see how long they actually took, and most of them actually had plans, unlike SISU) to wait and see what SISU do. If you want to waste those years when we could have already had five to seven promotions behind us and already be back in the league, then that is your option. It is not my option, so Phoenix club now please.

Manchester_sky_blue

No, we don't need to wait and see what happens. Maybe that works for you and that is fine for you, but others consider the club dead already and consider now is the time for a Phoenix club. It is every persons personal choice as to how they see and interpret what has happened and where we now are.
I for one am not prepared to wait three to five years (and in reality many years more than that - see the examples of other clubs that some have been throwing around as equivalent to our position and see how long they actually took, and most of them actually had plans, unlike SISU) to wait and see what SISU do. If you want to waste those years when we could have already had five to seven promotions behind us and already be back in the league, then that is your option. It is not my option, so Phoenix club now please.

Agree entirely, CCFC is already dead. It died the minute they kicked off at Sixfields

bigfatronssba

No phoenix club could start until next season anyway, if sisu have any intention of building a new stadium we will know by then.

I say start planning for a phoenix club now, then we can be ready to act in time for next season.

Manchester_sky_blue

No phoenix club could start until next season anyway, if sisu have any intention of building a new stadium we will know by then.

I say start planning for a phoenix club now, then we can be ready to act in time for next season.

Yup the plan has to be set in motion now to be ready for next season.

covcity4life

swiss go make your new team and leave this forum then???????????

this is a forum for ccfc fans, which you are clearly not,the club is dead to you

now go watch your new team(oh wait you wont).

bigfatronssba

swiss go make your new team and leave this forum then???????????

this is a forum for ccfc fans, which you are clearly not,the club is dead to you

now go watch your new team(oh wait you wont).

What exactly is the club to you? Right now your just supporting a name.

theferret

Hypothetical question. City of Coventry FC (or whatever) starts next season in tier 8 (for sake of argument) and you and others switch. The idea of promotion every season until a glorious return to the FL is Roy of the Rovers stuff to be honest, and just because AFC Wimbledon achieved a swift return, doesn't mean it would happen every time. You might have to allow up to 10 years for a return.

In the meantime, CCFC (the real CCFC), still a football league club, are sold to new owners and return to Coventry at the earliest opportunity. Are you saying you would stick with the new club floundering in tier 6 with dwindling gates, or would you switch back to CCFC?

lordsummerisle

Be about 5 Phoenix clubs in a couple of years.

Phoenix One: " What do you mean we're not going to sign any league players? I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu"

Phoenix Two: " You want to charge a fiver to get in? Could get into a JPT Semi-final first leg with the promise of a Wembley ticket for that. I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu and Phoenix One"

Phoenix Three: "What do you mean our best striker has signed for Banbury? I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu and Phoenix One and Two"

Phoenix Four: "What do you mean our Darren is dropped?" Etc, etc.

Phoenix Five: "The pies are cold".

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
None are, coventry city still exist. At the minute they are just teams that pay in coventry, who are 1883 anyway?

stupot07

Hypothetical question. City of Coventry FC (or whatever) starts next season in tier 8 (for sake of argument) and you and others switch. The idea of promotion every season until a glorious return to the FL is Roy of the Rovers stuff to be honest, and just because AFC Wimbledon achieved a swift return, doesn't mean it would happen every time. You might have to allow up to 10 years for a return.

In the meantime, CCFC (the real CCFC), still a football league club, are sold to new owners and return to Coventry at the earliest opportunity. Are you saying you would stick with the new club floundering in tier 6 with dwindling gates, or would you switch back to CCFC?

It took Wimbledon 9 years.

stupot07

Yep, you'll end up with Coventry being a 2 club city, with 2 shit teams languishing non league/league two for eternity.

mark82

Agree with this completely. And keep fighting for CCFC in the meantime.

mark82

Be about 5 Phoenix clubs in a couple of years.

Phoenix One: " What do you mean we're not going to sign any league players? I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu"

Phoenix Two: " You want to charge a fiver to get in? Could get into a JPT Semi-final first leg with the promise of a Wembley ticket for that. I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu and Phoenix One"

Phoenix Three: "What do you mean our best striker has signed for Banbury? I'm off, you're as bad as Sisu and Phoenix One and Two"

Phoenix Four: "What do you mean our Darren is dropped?" Etc, etc.

Phoenix Five: "The pies are cold".

I know you disagree but no need to be stupid about it.

ccfc are very much alive to me. i WILL NOT go to a home or cup match while sisu are here though. i will go away games only and nopm is what i will do. however i will go and watch coventry united now and again. apart from the united bit and to some degree the red kit, they play at the academys former home, do use the citys civic colours and have a great badge. i am city till i die, unfortunatley i can see city dying before me.

SISU OUT

bigfatronssba

the name,the badge,the kit,the players

we talka bout players loyatly,now ita time for fans to show some.

Loyalty? Don't talk to me about loyalty.

20 years I've given to that club, defending them when others have criticised, seen my favourite players sold to pay debts worked up by incompetent owners, laughed at by the glory fans, seen players that didn't care.

None of that mattered to me though, it was still my club in my city. I was still proud of them, and now they've deserted me and thousands like me. So feck them and their "loyalty".

covcity4life

ok and some fans have more loyalty than to stop suporting their team in august of a season they ground share lol

good riddance to ya pal,you wont be missed.

valiant15

ok and some fans have more loyalty than to stop suporting their team in august of a season they ground share lol

Was you at sixfields,crawley and orient showing your loyalty then??? Are you going to Carlisle tomorrow toshow your loyalty???

covcity4life

Was you at sixfields,crawley and orient showing your loyalty then??? Are you going to Carlisle tomorrow toshow your loyalty???

no because there is a difference between not supporting an avoidable ground share and completely stopping following a team.

i am going to shrewsbury.

bigfatronssba

Where's your loyalty to Coventry?

Users who are viewing this thread