Which City X1 has had the most international capped players within it? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Not players who went on to be capped later on, I mean players who had already been capped at full international level when they played for us.

So, a side that we put out in a game at a given time and that contained the most international players within it.

I really have no idea.

Kneeza

So, just one player? That's the best we can do?

Surely with Chippo and Hadji, that's two right there.

Did Safri ever play at the same time?
Don't think so. Kojic and Hedman probably did though.

shmmeee

Going through that squad, no idea how many they had when with us but all these are stated as playing for their country while with us or before coming to us:

Full
Hedman, Nilsson, Breen, Konjic, McAllister, Soldvedt, Clement, Daish, Aloisi, Quinn

B
Huckerby, Telfer

U21
Burrows, P Williams, Whelan, Boateng, Hall, Strachan, Delorge, Boland, Froggatt, Kirkland, McPhee

Legia Sky Blue

There were a lot of capped players in our Prem relegation season, but before that did Nilsson, McAllister & Strachan ever play in the same side?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think Doyle got a cap while with us. Also Chris Bichall and Claus Jorgensen

oscillatewildly

I reckon a team of the mid 1960's - to early 1970's that contained the likes of Dave Clements, Ronnie Rees, Gerry Baker and Willie Carr may have racked up a few caps between them?

Legia Sky Blue

Had a look through old programs from our relegation season and think it might be from our home game against Leicester, where we had 9 internationals in the starting XI and another coming off the bench.

The team was Hedman (Sweden), Telfer (Scotland), Breen (Ireland), Konjic (Bosnia), Williams, Quinn (Ireland), Thompson, Carsley (Ireland), Aloisi (Australia), Hadji (Morocco) & Bellamy (Wales). Carlton Palmer also came off the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread