Where's the Sky Blue Trust? (1 Viewer)

SBCharlie

Hi everyone,

This is my first post but as far as I'm aware no-one else has asked this.

For an organisation who claim;

“We are: An independent, not for profit, broad based,democratic, supporters representative body.
We are committed to ensuring equitable supporterconsultation & the continued existence & success of a full time, firstclass, professional football team in the City of Coventry.”

They appear to be notable for their silence on the current issues surrounding our club. The last news post on their website in back in July last year entitled “HowWe See It: The Hoffman Bid” and the last post on their Facebook site was from Jan Mokrzycki asking a similar question to this?
So come on SBT...time to stand up and be counted!

SBCharlie

Learning curve....obviously you do not compose you post in Word first....please be patient and I'll have another go and try to make it more legible.
thanks

WillieStanley

It has been raised, but a while ago and still a great point! It was easy for Cox and co. to feed their own egos a few years ago but now, in our hour of need, their absence screams about what their intentions really were.
Alot of gas and no real substance!

SBCharlie

Hi everyone,

This is my first post but as far as I'm aware no-one else has asked this.

For an organisation who claim;

“We are: An independent, not for profit, broad based, democratic, supportersrepresentative body.
We are committed to ensuring equitable supporter consultation & thecontinued existence & success of a full time, firstclass, professionalfootball team in the City of Coventry.”

Theyappear to be notable for their silence on the current issues surrounding ourclub. The last news post on their website in back in July last year entitled“How We See It: The Hoffman Bid” and the last post on their Facebook site wasfrom Jan Mokrzycki asking a similar question to this?
So come on SBT...time to stand up and be counted!

Last edited:

SBCharlie

Thanks WillieStanley....perhaps I should have said recently but I agree that after all of the noise they made last year, their current silence is staggering.

@richh87

I don't see how them making a napkin-sized banner and some crap coffee tables will help us anyway.

SBCharlie

I'll be honest and say it doesn't really matter as we now have S.O.C.

It could be detrimental to the cause if they are sitting in the background taking a different approach to SOC. WE may not all agree on the ways and means of persuading SISU to go but there does appear to be a general consensus on this board at least that their time has come and gone so it would help if the SBT used their media connections etc to make their support for SOC clear and unequivocal.

SBT should be in touch with the other fans. If they are not, then that's their problem. SOC is grabbing the headlines in the media and that is what will be showing up to SISU. SISU probably don't know who SBT are.

Does anyone have any contact details for the SBT.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think I pay a reasonable attention to the events at CCFC. I have to say that the Sky Blue Trust has had no recent input into the events and that the Supporters Consultative Group doesnt appear to have much more. SOC in a few short weeks has brought the clubs plight to a far greater public than either of the other so called supporter representatives. Yet the SCG feel they have moved things on and imply SOC have stopped people supporting the team - from where i sit neither assertion is correct. Sitting around a table with polite chit chat isnt representing the fans.

http://www.coventrycitybanter.co.uk/2012/01/a-supporters-voice.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoventryCityBanter+%28Coventry+City+Banter+-+Join+the+debate+with+CCFC+fans%2C+staff+writers+and++club+legends%29

Perhaps someone from both/either could explain their achievements and how they have represented the majority of fans who want a change in how the club is financed and run. How they have affected the things that really matter ?

Last edited:

olderskyblue

It could be detrimental to the cause if they are sitting in the background taking a different approach to SOC. WE may not all agree on the ways and means of persuading SISU to go but there does appear to be a general consensus on this board at least that their time has come and gone so it would help if the SBT used their media connections etc to make their support for SOC clear and unequivocal.

General consensus in a few posts?

A lot of people ridicule the SBT (and some things they have done have deserved it) but when we were in the crap before SISU "saved" us, they were the group trying to achieve something. I joined them at the time and supported their stance of at least trying to raise money to help the academy stay afloat.

They also had people on the committee I had some trust in, like Smiles who used to run the GMK site. They amassed at least the same level of support that the SOC did at their protest and I believe had better attended meetings also (I attended 2 that had 80+ people there) but both groups were pitifully attended really.

I've seen lots of snide remarks about Natalie Cox too, usually of a personal nature, but lots of people saying "she doesn't represent the fans, so whats she doing on the radio". I've never heard her say she represents all the fans, she either puts over a personal view or a view of the trust as discussed at their meetings, and she's their because she has been either invited to speak, or rang in like anyone else can.

She also got flack for asking Ray Ranson a reasonable question: what is the strategy for the club, which he dismissed quite rudely I thought. History shows us it was an excellent question to ask, and RR dismissing it should have been a clue as to what was going on way back then!

I've seen comments before about "freebies" but I've not seen anyone prove anything, unless attending a match as a guest of CCFC is considered a freebie? I would consider that an opportunity to forge closer links with the club, as the SOC is trying to do now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT an active supporter of the trust and I do think their day has gone and fresh faces are necessary, but one thing was clear at the time we nearly died as a club, they tried their best to gain support in trying to make a difference to the clubs economic fortunes but met with the pretty much the same apathy we see now in the lack of support for the SOC gang.

Anyway, I'm sure leamingtonbootboy will be on soon to support my views :):):)

SBCharlie

Hi olderskyblue,

Firstly this was not intended as an attack on the SBT as such, either as an organisation or as individuals, like you I believe that they did a lot of good work so that's why I feel it's disappointing that they are so quiet at the moment. They have the media contacts, support group etc to add momentum to the drive to move our club forward and I believe that it would be a positive move if they came forward now in the same manner as they did in the past.

Just for clarity the comment 'their time has come' was a reference to SISU not the SBT.

Regards,
SBC

olderskyblue

I'm merely pointing out that any mention of the SBT usually brings cynical comments (reference the freebies comment) back.

Due to the apathy when the club was at it's lowest point, I can understand if they just didn't bother anymore. The SOC will start to feel the same at some point i'm sure. They are doing their best, but whatever way you dress it up, the turnout for the protest was poor relative to those inside watching the match.

The positive souls on here will see it as a start, rightly so, but will it ever progress beyond that? When will they be seen as toothless and accepting freebies I wonder?

I've already heard some people question their motives on it all, and say they are just puppets of Hoffman's consortium. Didn't it all start with Brinner and his "discussions" with Hoffmans backers? (where is brinner now by the way?).

Personally, I have no idea about that, but its the same cynical views i have seen about the trust over the years. It's no surprise that apathy reigns when it concerns the Sky Blues.

gary_ccfcforever

The Sky Blue Trust is just a shell of a company, It now exists in name only, we are looking into resurrecting this, There is now only one member on the board as far as i am aware, and we are in discussions to take it on permanantly and incorporate it in the save our city campaign

gary_ccfcforever

cant answer that mate unfotunately. i was nothing to do with it previously. We are in discussions to take it over at the moment.

wingy

I think I pay a reasonable attention to the events at CCFC. I have to say that the Sky Blue Trust has had no recent input into the events and that the Supporters Consultative Group doesnt appear to have much more. SOC in a few short weeks has brought the clubs plight to a far greater public than either of the other so called supporter representatives. Yet the SCG feel they have moved things on and imply SOC have stopped people supporting the team - from where i sit neither assertion is correct. Sitting around a table with polite chit chat isnt representing the fans.

http://www.coventrycitybanter.co.uk/2012/01/a-supporters-voice.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CoventryCityBanter+%28Coventry+City+Banter+-+Join+the+debate+with+CCFC+fans%2C+staff+writers+and++club+legends%29

Perhaps someone from both/either could explain their achievements and how they have represented the majority of fans who want a change in how the club is financed and run. How they have affected the things that really matter ?

You Sir would be a great addition to the group,don't know if you've been to any of the meetings ,there is an interim commitee to get up and running ,with a review of this committee in 3 months.:)

Sky Blues

The Sky Blue Trust is just a shell of a company, It now exists in name only, we are looking into resurrecting this, There is now only one member on the board as far as i am aware, and we are in discussions to take it on permanantly and incorporate it in the save our city campaign

I'm glad that's happening. As I said on the Save Our City thread a week or so ago, as a registered industrial and provident society the Sky Blue Trust could be very useful in the future as a way of securing fan involvement in the club if SISU leave, or as a building block for restarting it were the worst to happen.

SBCharlie

I'm glad that's happening. As I said on the Save Our City thread a week or so ago, as a registered industrial and provident society the Sky Blue Trust could be very useful in the future as a way of securing fan involvement in the club if SISU leave, or as a building block for restarting it were the worst to happen.

That is good news, it's what I was hoping to hear rather than finding that the SBT had just faded away....good luck :):):)

SBC

Tonylinc

You Sir would be a great addition to the group,don't know if you've been to any of the meetings ,there is an interim commitee to get up and running ,with a review of this committee in 3 months.:)
Could not agree more Wingy.
OSB:- You really must get involved in this; you have been head-hunted sir.

rob9872

I think the defunct Sky Blue trustless will be seated comfortably at Old Trafford or trying to rip off the hardcore supporter for their own self gain and importance.

Users who are viewing this thread