Where will we play our homes games next season? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

As it seems a forgon conclusion that we will be playing in L1 next season and that it is obvious the SISU wont spend any money on our club. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on where we will be playing our home games next season.

The club apparently pay 1 mil a year to rent the Ricoh which we cannot afford now.
Next season with crowds of 5 or 6,000 and no championship money or TV revenue I cannot see us at the Ricoh for long. Are we destined for the butts or a ground share with Nuneaton ?

What a fu**in joke and mess of our once proud club.

:blue:

Grendel

Oddly we will be playing at the Ricoh

BackRoomRummermill

You have a point there, I would expect the council though would rather have somthing than nothing. Lets be sensible about this who else in the area would use the ground on a Saturday?

THe nearest realistic club would be Northampton Saints Rugby but that will not happen.

The council provided the stadium for the city of Coventry, CCFC are the club so we will be playing there

OyJimmy

Think we should move anyway just to make the council understand that the club and the ground can't be apart forever. Maybe the council could then 'nationalise' the club and then privatise the whole lot to someone who know what they are doing.

andyboy81

Butts Park Arena...... 4,000 capacity..... Might fill it on the big games against errrrrrrrrr Notts County?????

Nah, we'll be at the Ricoh without a doubt. Maybe they should review the way they sell tickets? Possibly bunch the remaining supporters up by closing off the top few rows.

Butts Park Arena...... 4,000 capacity..... Might fill it on the big games against errrrrrrrrr Notts County?????

Nah, we'll be at the Ricoh without a doubt. Maybe they should review the way they sell tickets? Possibly bunch the remaining supporters up by closing off the top few rows.

This would create a better atmosphere and experience for sure. I really hope the Hoffs consortium takeover sometime soon. If we go into league 1 with SISU in charge then I can see us going down again. I doubt we would be at the Ricoh if we were in league 2.

rob9872

Rip all the seats out fill it with king-size beds and we might be able to fill every other one.

andyboy81

This would create a better atmosphere and experience for sure. I really hope the Hoffs consortium takeover sometime soon. If we go into league 1 with SISU in charge then I can see us going down again. I doubt we would be at the Ricoh if we were in league 2.

In theory, you could ground share. Expand the stadium by building another stand on the opposite side (maybe add maybe 4 -8k) not much room behind each goal though. wait until return of proper terraces? Personally, I would rather we had a smaller 12k - 15k stadium that actually sells out. Ok dream over..........

fact of the matter is: IT AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

torchomatic

At the Ricoh, ffs. Why has everyone turned into hysterical teenage girls all of a sudden?

Grendel

I agree I can't believe any one takes this seriously.

chiefdave

while you wouldn't put anything past SISU where are they going to play if it's not the Ricoh? The Butts only holds 3K and isn't Nuneaton mostly standing?

If the freefall continues and we end up in League 2 or worse then I'm sure there's a point at which a move to the Butts becomes a viable option but I can't imagine even SISU would pull a stunt like that, you'd be moving to a ground that you couldn't even fit all the season ticket holders in even with a huge drop in numbers. Plus with 1 stand where would away fans go, you'd have to reduce the home capacity down to about 2K to allow for away fans and segregation. Hopefully we're a long way off those sort of attendances.

rob9872

Somewhere like Highfield Road would be ideal imo. I think they should knock the houses down and build a football stadium.

shmmeee

And in one thread you have all the evidence you need as to why people take the piss out of the posters on here. The Butts FFS! Grow up!

Agree that a snugger fit would improve the atmosphere though, so why not close off the back of the Ricoh and move everyone closer together. You can easily make the Ricoh a 20k stadium if that's what's wanted.

Walking Bird

I just hope they don't start closing to many parts of the Ricoh next season. Finally started to create a semi decent atmosphere in blocks 15-16.

andyboy81

And in one thread you have all the evidence you need as to why people take the piss out of the posters on here. The Butts FFS! Grow up!

Agree that a snugger fit would improve the atmosphere though, so why not close off the back of the Ricoh and move everyone closer together. You can easily make the Ricoh a 20k stadium if that's what's wanted.

been saying this for years! looks so shit to see how everyone is spaced out behind the goal. would say closing the top 10 rows all the way around would make it better. Would have to be at the start of next season though due to season ticket holders crying.

heres an idea.... Maybe we could find build a new stadium in the arse end of nowhere with no pubs nearby and shit transport links which the council could help fund and then......... oh. :(

J

Jack Griffin

So many idiots on this site, it will be 100% the Rioch, there is no other option, not to play at the Ricoh equals a near fatal kick in the head for the City of Coventry, even SISU are not stupid enough to do that.

Now if you'd have said, will the rent be renegotiated so it reflects the commercial situation with smaller crowds & falling attendences, then I'd have said, well maybe that is apossibility the conucil would consider, but it would mean paying a bigger rent in the Premiership (when we return, one day I'm sure we will, though it could easily not be for another decade, or more!).

Realistically, we are looking at an average attendance of 10,000, meaning we need probably want 12,000 available seats to make these areas look full. I would suggest opening ONLY:
Blocks 28-31 (front 35 rows, leaving approximately 15 or so empty)
Blocks 18+22 (front 35 rows)
Blocks 19-21 (completely open)
Block 15 (completely open)
Block 16 (Back half)
Corporate Stand left as it is.

rob9872

Who wants to sit at the front thoughand get bloody wet!

ccfcway

pretty sure i mentioned this moths ago..

surely with lower rent, and with CCFC the main tennants, its makes the Ricoh worth less..

If the Ricoh is worth less and SISU get their hands on it (which is their main goal), its in their interst for CCFC to tumble down the leagues to pay less rent to drive the price of the ground down ?

rob9872

Fixed contract including if we went up which was expected when we moved there. Can't have your cake and eat it.

rob9872

* for 10 years btw - can be renegotiated based on league in 2015 although if too low will they want or need us? 17% of income now, other avenues will increase ours likely in decline.

Users who are viewing this thread