Where will we finish??? (1 Viewer)

Bennets Afro

18 matches played and 20 points on the board

11 points off 6th place and 17 off top spot with 84 points left to play for

What's a realistic points total and what position will we finish?

SkyblueBazza

Where? I think top 6. Indeed this is such a crazy league we are only 14 points from automatic promotion - so that door is still open (all be it a long shot).
I suggested a couple of weeks back that 6-7 wins in our next 10 games would see us right in the mix. So far I think that makes it 3 wins in 4...so I still believe it's on.

rob9872

Will be top half but short of the play offs I think. Next season for us is make or break or we will be in this league for a long time.

Otis

Stick with my 14th thanks.

One win, against the worst side in the league, cut adrift from the rest and we all start going crazy again.

Last week after Scunthorpe it was all 'will we be relegated,' this week, after this win it's 'play-offs' and we are suddenly somehow miraculously a good side again.

hill83

Stick with my 14th thanks.

One win, against the worst side in the league, cut adrift from the rest and we all start going crazy again.

Last week after Sc-unithorpe it was all 'will we be relegated,' this week, after this win it's 'play-offs' and we are suddenly somehow miraculously a good side again.

Whilst you are correct in what you are saying.
The negative people pipe up when we lose, and the positive people pipe up when we win.

Its not a general consensus after every result.

And since I've had a few beers, I'm going for top 8. Fuck it.

skybluelee

Last 10 games have been play-off form but we obviously need better than that to finish top six given the shocking start we made.

I think we will maintain play-off form for the rest of the season under robins and finish about eighth. Which was actually my prediction at the start of the season.

That will be a good base for next season.

Grendel

Assuming McGoldrick and to a much lesser extent Bailey disappear we will be around 14th.

Grendel

A lot depends on whether we can adequately replace McGoldrick.

If we don't then we are in a relegation battle and need to accumulate as many points up to the end of the year as possible. The thought of Ball, McDonald, Eliot, McSheffrey and O'Donovan to choose from should worry everyone. That is a poor forward line in this league.

Otis

Assuming McGoldrick and to a much lesser extent Bailey disappear we will be around 14th.

I like Bailey. Especially like that great run he did disguised as Carl Baker that led to one of those goals yesterday.

Ashdown

All depends on our owners and the monetary support of the fanbase, they may deem the start we have not worth investing in keeping D Mc here in January. Based on the Crawley performance I would say top 6 is still easily achievable, based on Scunthorpe probably nearer 14th would be likely. There are 4 or 5 teams better than us or at least are more familiar with digging out results than us, other than that the final position will be up to us.
I'd settle for 2 visits to Wembley, one in the play offs and one in the JPT final !!
PUSB

dongonzalos

Been ridiculed as of late but instill maintain we can reach playoffs

Myself and paxman are with you. I think there are others aswell.

I think astute and a few others

It's quite funny there seems to be an optimistic camp, a realistic camp and a down right miserable bunch of sods, pesimistic camp.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCharlie

Can I sign up with the realists then? Over the years I've found that too much optimism can be bad for your health, particularly when you're a City supporter;)

Last edited:

Otis

Myself and paxman are with you. I think there are others aswell.

I think astute and a few others

It's quite funny there seems to be an optimistic camp, a realistic camp and a down right miserable bunch of sods, pesimistic camp.

The Realists triumph in the end.We have the intelligence, the sword of common sense and the power of history behind us!

Come the end of the season we will be having a ticker tape parade while the optimists become pessimistic and jump off bridges and the pessimists become more optimisitc about their pessimism and blow raspberries at everyone.

'You truly don't feel until you become Real!'

Black6Osprey

I seem to share my time between the realists and the pessimists with the occasional run to the optimists as if I've left the house without any shoes on.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think playoffs is possible, but I think top half easily and something to build on for next season.

dongonzalos

The Realists triumph in the end.We have the intelligence, the sword of common sense and the power of history behind us!

Come the end of the season we will be having a ticker tape parade while the optimists become pessimistic and jump off bridges and the pessimists become more optimisitc about their pessimism and blow raspberries at everyone.

'You truly don't feel until you become Real!'

Very good :)

Ash

I was encouraged yesterday by the fact we had 3 midfielders getting on the scoresheet, and more importantly all of the goals weren't scored by McGoldrick. For this reason (hoping that they can chip in with a few more between them of course!) I reckon we'll finish around 9-10th.

Otis

I shouldn't really be saying this without clearing it with my peers first ..... but I can confirm us Realists are quite confidently able to predict a top 1st to 24th place finish this season.

You heard it here first.

Users who are viewing this thread