• 7th -12

Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Bottom Half

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RoboCCFC90

It's almost impossible to vote (head and heart), looking at the fixtures and the table, there are some positives to consider.

With 19 games to go City have it all to play for, the current bottom 8 teams, 6 of the teams currently placed 9-16 and then 5 from the top 8.

City have to look at averaging 2ppg from now on, 38 points, that would take us to 78 points overall, I believe that will be enough for playoffs.

Looking again at the fixtures, we have to beat all the teams in the bottom 8 (24) and ideally beat the 6 teams from 9th - 16th (18) that would be a total 42 points (total 82). We can afford a few draws in this. The teams around us in the top 8 are then a free hit, the more points we pick up then great, but if we start to lose to the teams below us we will need to make this up against the teams in the top five.

Over the last ten league games we have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1, a total of 19 points, so apply this form to our remaining 19 games and this is just shy of 2ppg.

The league is so tight, but if City keep up their current form over ten games or can improve on that they will give themselves every chance.

The fixtures in this league are not easy at all so I'm reluctant to assume that beating the teams below us is a realistic possibility, add to that unless we win most of our games April represents a real challenge where we play Leeds, Southampton, Birmingham and Ipswich in 14 days.

Answers as to whether we will make it on a postcard please.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

If we miss out this season , I expect us to push for an automatic spot next season
Depends on who we lose over the summer I think, we'd get big fees for anyone moving on but having to do another biggish rebuild would hamper us in terms of a top 2 finish I think. I certainly expect we'll be in the mix for the play-offs next season if we don't go up though. My son asked me at the game if we had anyone on loan and it felt very odd to tell him we don't, that makes it feel so much more possible to actually build and improve every year.

JohnWH

Depends on who we lose over the summer I think, we'd get big fees for anyone moving on but having to do another biggish rebuild would hamper us in terms of a top 2 finish I think. I certainly expect we'll be in the mix for the play-offs next season if we don't go up though. My son asked me at the game if we had anyone on loan and it felt very odd to tell him we don't, that makes it feel so much more possible to actually build and improve every year.

Binks

Edit to add: though I understood the sentiment you meant

Sick Boy

I’d be disappointed if we sold any of the new players leave so soon.

TomRad85

Be fuming if they sent Forest and Everton down in place of Luton and Burnley tbh. Does Championship clubs no favours at all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

We ARE going to go up via the play offs this season.

After the win against Leicester, I'm absolutely convinced we'll make it into the top 6. As someone above says, who realistically is better than us? I'd say Soton and probably still Leicester (despite us pasting them) but over two legs, I'd fancy us against anyone and after last seasons defeat, MR will have the team geared up to go one better.

I don't want to get all Marty Pellow, but I genuinely feel it in my fingers etc....!!

Happy_Martian

Think I’d be going full strength at Coleshill to get some silverware

Did it at 2am in the morning using a fixture list from the only website without formatting or inline hyperlinks.

And DK did say he wanted a cup run. Didn't say which cup 🤷‍♂️

I’d be disappointed if we sold any of the new players leave so soon.
Me too, but if MVE for example keeps playing the way he is i can see big bids being made by clubs that he'd likely want to speak to. Obviously i'd hope that we'd be able to sell the idea of one more year to players at this point and as long as we don't lose 3 or more 'main-men' i'd be confident that we'd be looking at Top 6 next season. At the very least we'd be able to command big money for players, I just hope the turnover is reduced massively from this summer.

Astute

Me too, but if MVE for example keeps playing the way he is i can see big bids being made by clubs that he'd likely want to speak to. Obviously i'd hope that we'd be able to sell the idea of one more year to players at this point and as long as we don't lose 3 or more 'main-men' i'd be confident that we'd be looking at Top 6 next season. At the very least we'd be able to command big money for players, I just hope the turnover is reduced massively from this summer.
I have faith in Robins. If an offer comes in we can't refuse it gives even more to the transfer pot. Keep bringing these players in and replacing with a few more quality players.

It wouldn't be long at this rate before our bench would walk into most sides.

SkyBlueMatt

We're not losing anyone in the summer, apart from those that we are aware of. There is far more chance O'Hare signing then MvE going anywhere. No one is going to pay the money that we would consider so we can draw a line under that. You can tell by the Gyokeres & Hamer transfer that we're not a soft touch anymore and he has 3 years left.

Astute

We're not losing anyone in the summer, apart from those that we are aware of. There is far more chance O'Hare signing then MvE going anywhere. No one is going to pay the money that we would consider so we can draw a line under that. You can tell by the Gyokeres & Hamer transfer that we're not a soft touch anymore and he has 3 years left.
But in reality.....

We have some very good players. All are young/mid 20's. They continue to improve. Beating Leicester will have a few more look.

The Prem sides always keep an eye on Championship players. 20m isn't a lot for a Prem side. If they think we have the missing piece to their puzzle they will bid.

My biggest worry is someone taking a punt on Sakamoto. His goals and constant taking the piss out of defenders is getting noticed. The good news is goalscoring midfielders cost a lot of money.

SkyBlueMatt

But in reality.....

We have some very good players. All are young/mid 20's. They continue to improve. Beating Leicester will have a few more look.

The Prem sides always keep an eye on Championship players. 20m isn't a lot for a Prem side. If they think we have the missing piece to their puzzle they will bid.

My biggest worry is someone taking a punt on Sakamoto. His goals and constant taking the piss out of defenders is getting noticed. The good news is goalscoring midfielders cost a lot of money.

I get that but MvE and Saka have had 6 months in England and in reality it's only been a stretch of 13 games where they've looked really impressive. I think we could have something to worry about next season, if they continue their rise and we're not realistically going up.

Nothing to worry about, they'll be fit, motivated and ready to go in a City (Coventry ;)) shirt at the start of our promotion season, next year. :ROFLMAO:

Astute

I get that but MvE and Saka have had 6 months in England and in reality it's only been a stretch of 13 games where they've looked really impressive. I think we could have something to worry about next season, if they continue their rise and we're not realistically going up.

Nothing to worry about, they'll be fit, motivated and ready to go in a City (Coventry ;)) shirt at the start of our promotion season, next year. :ROFLMAO:
But would have been here a year at the time teams are looking to strengthen.

19 more games to go plus the playoffs. The closer to the end of the season the more they'll get noticed.

I hope you're right. Just missing out on promotion is always a bit of a risk as i feel your best players get noticed and you dont have the clout to compete with teams a division above who might take a fancy to them. Like i say, i think we will do well so long as we dont have to replace a good chunk of the side again. I suppose Gyokeres needed two seasons of sustained goalscoring before he got his move so we probably do have a couple of campaigns to have a real go at this.

Just writing this out makes me realise how much we've progressed in a few seasons.

Adge

I still maintain we will be just short and early doors was happy that it was a transition this season and a mid table finish would be fine. We couldn’t could we………,…,,,,?

SkyBlueSoul

There's very little stopping us getting into the play-offs. Assuming Torp beds in and is as good as we're told our first team is top 4 quality, and if we sign a legitimate wide player as cover this month then our bench is seriously strong for this division as well.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Torp
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

Wilson, Lati, Binks, Dasilva, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, *New Wide*, Godden

Paxman II

A few good peformances and results, suddenly everyone says we are playoff contenders. So typical on here. Put your money where your mouth is and stick to your prediction early in the season. All this flip flopping!
For the record i said playoffs and a chamce of auto's (which clearly changed after a poor start) But I stick with my prediction and playoffs it is.
Perhaps the better question is will we win the playoff final?

SkyBlueMatt

There's very little stopping us getting into the play-offs. Assuming Torp beds in and is as good as we're told our first team is top 4 quality, and if we sign a legitimate wide player as cover this month then our bench is seriously strong for this division as well.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf Torp
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

Wilson, Lati, Binks, Dasilva, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, *New Wide*, Godden
That line up.....

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Now we're in the playoffs, the hard bit is staying there, teams will be gunning for us. 😱

Sick Boy

If someone offered £15-20m for him we’d sell.

rob9872

I was happy with transition but if it's there take it and if they do relegate Forest and Everton then even more important to get out this season with a better chance of staying up and consolidating.

Users who are viewing this thread