• 7th -12

Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Bottom Half

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Relegation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Evo1883

Should be interesting , I've always said 10th but actually , I think that's probably unlikely now

We will push for the playoffs , but will we make it ?

I think we finish 5th

Current odds for top 6
Screenshot_20240114_223246_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

skybluejelly

Should be interesting , I've always said 10th but actually , I think that's probably unlikely now

We will push for the playoffs , but will we make it ?

I think we finish 5th

Lose the next game we could be down to 13th , if we are lucky we will scrape 6th , which I would be more than happy with

stay_up_skyblues

There is no precedent under MR 2 for us to drop off from here. And with the new first teamers improving by the match I see no reason that should happen. 5th placed finish I reckon.

Kingokings204

I think we will just fall short. We know 4 spots have gone leaving 5th and 6th. We’ve been on a hell of a run but can we sustain it. I think the start of the season has just left too much to do. Hope I’m wrong

shmmeee

We’re probably in our best position at this point post promotion. If we get a couple of impactful loans I can see 5/6th. Play offs will be very tough but who knows. We haven’t been blown away by anyone this season.

Skybluecol

I can us finishing 6th and then losing out in thr SF playoffs to Leeds after 2 legs.
Next season is the one for us......really need to keep COH and get another striker and a midfielder and a real go at top 2.
Better position for a strong start to next season is key

slowpoke

Nineteen games left, can we win 14 I think we can and will that’s 82 points if we lose the other five where would 82 points put us ?

mmttww

I've said all along I think we'll even out with same points as last season. Maintain our home form and away form as they are, we'll just about do that. If we want c. 75 points, away form has to improve.

Next five away games are a mix. Based on form and the table, three should be winnable (Sheff W, Plymouth, Stoke). If we win three of our next five away I'll start thinking that we'll make the playoffs.

Having QPR at home last game could help!

ptr

The teams that make the play offs this year will be stronger than last years. I hope Leeds get second, would much rather play Ipswich.

Unfortunately, I think our way out this league is automatics. More than achievable if we actually win games at the start of a season.

Manchester_sky_blue

I'm gonna just revel in the fact that for once, our future is in our own hands. The club is stable, the squad is strong, the manager is top and we are getting much higher numbers of bums on seats. The season could end right now and it would still have been outrageously successful considering where we have had to rise from. Even losing a play off final hasn't stopped our buzz.Trying to guess where we will finish feels almost a bit churlish. Just enjoying the present.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think we will just fall short. We know 4 spots have gone leaving 5th and 6th. We’ve been on a hell of a run but can we sustain it. I think the start of the season has just left too much to do. Hope I’m wrong
Echo this, always thought we would be just short due to the quality in the relegated teams. I always thought next year would be the one that Robins would build towards and go for automatic.

slowpoke

Echo this, always thought we would be just short due to the quality in the relegated teams. I always thought next year would be the one that Robins would build towards and go for automatic.
We have sneaked up again on the rails and still a bit under the radar, I think we showed Saturday how good we can be. 19 games left I expect to not lose any, yes unbeaten until May, we will add to the squad with quality too. I’m sure our rivals are looking over their shoulders at us 19 left win 14 I reckon that autos. Ipswich 6 wins ahead we will catch that imo.

long way home

3rd and 4th is not in play for me. Think Leeds or Ipswich have that nailed on too many points in the bank.
5th and 6th in our sight
But its 2 from, Cov, Boro, West Brom, Watford and Hull.

My guess is us and West Brom or Boro. That leaves a really tough 4 that will be left standing. Would like a Cov, Boro final for obvious reasons ...

Happy_Martian

Tried to look forward without bias and came up with us getting 35 points from the final 19 games. That puts us on 75 points, 5 more than last season.

Staying in the playoffs will be tough going. Hull have improved their squad, as have Middlesboro. Norwich are meh, Sunderland talk a good game but are up and down. Watford are the only ones I can't put my finger on as they have the talent but the results are all over the place. It's a season where everyone is beating each other. Apart from the bottom 3, that is.

I'd like Playoffs but would begrudgingly accept a Top 10.

1705286834837.png

Astute

I've not seen any reason for weeks why we won't reach the playoffs. And we're much better now.

We've just played 5 out of the 6 top teams in the last 9 games. Yet we're near the top of the form table over 10 games.

Our run over the last 12 games is amazing considering the run we were on. Before these last 12 games we had a bad run of 6 games

Won 0
Draw 2
Lost 4

Goals for 3 Goals against 9

We didn't know where our next win was coming from especially as we lost to low sides and had a hard run coming.

Next 12 games?

FA Cup

Won 6-2

League 11 games

Won 7
Draw 3
Lost 1

Goals for 22 Goals against 8

So 28 goals in the last 12 games. Only 10 against.

Points per game? You need to average 2 points a game for automatic promotion. In this run of games we have averaged 2.18 points a game.

I can't believe some people think we will get overtaken by clubs we have just flown past. They have remained static for a reason. It's where they deserve to be. They're not flying like us. And they don't have the players or manager we do.

I find it hard to believe that we're longer odds than Sunderland to make the playoffs. We just played one of the best sides in the world (if you believe the media) off the park. We also recently beat Sunderland 0-3 at their place. Might be the deluded fake geordies putting their life savings on them making it.

Who can honestly see this side of ours going on a bad run? Injuries I hear. Yes but all sides have the same problem. We have quality on the bench. Some sides go into games hoping they don't have to make changes.

If we keep this run going we will end up on over 80 points. Most of the teams below us 68 or lower. This season looks like 7 or 8 sides about to pull away from the rest. Anyone not getting a win in the next few games will fall away. And I think 5th will be safe with games to go.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tried to look forward without bias and came up with us getting 35 points from the final 19 games. That puts us on 75 points, 5 more than last season.

Staying in the playoffs will be tough going. Hull have improved their squad, as have Middlesboro. Norwich are meh, Sunderland talk a good game but are up and down. Watford are the only ones I can't put my finger on as they have the talent but the results are all over the place. It's a season where everyone is beating each other. Apart from the bottom 3, that is.

I'd like Playoffs but would begrudgingly accept a Top 10.

View attachment 33393
Think I’d be going full strength at Coleshill to get some silverware

Sky Blue Harry H

Would like to see Leeds v West Brom play off semi final, with us v Ipswich
Beat the Baggies in the final

My gut says we may well get to the play offs, but ultimately fall short. I'm just hoping that it doesn't delay us planning for the following season - although that should be less problematic than it might have been, due to the length of current contracts.

slowpoke

I've not seen any reason for weeks why we won't reach the playoffs. And we're much better now.

We've just played 5 out of the 6 top teams in the last 9 games. Yet we're near the top of the form table over 10 games.

Our run over the last 12 games is amazing considering the run we were on. Before these last 12 games we had a bad run of 6 games

Won 0
Draw 2
Lost 4

Goals for 3 Goals against 9

We didn't know where our next win was coming from especially as we lost to low sides and had a hard run coming.

Next 12 games?

FA Cup

Won 6-2

League 11 games

Won 7
Draw 3
Lost 1

Goals for 22 Goals against 8

So 28 goals in the last 12 games. Only 10 against.

Points per game? You need to average 2 points a game for automatic promotion. In this run of games we have averaged 2.18 points a game.

I can't believe some people think we will get overtaken by clubs we have just flown past. They have remained static for a reason. It's where they deserve to be. They're not flying like us. And they don't have the players or manager we do.

I find it hard to believe that we're longer odds than Sunderland to make the playoffs. We just played one of the best sides in the world (if you believe the media) off the park. We also recently beat Sunderland 0-3 at their place. Might be the deluded fake geordies putting their life savings on them making it.

Who can honestly see this side of ours going on a bad run? Injuries I hear. Yes but all sides have the same problem. We have quality on the bench. Some sides go into games hoping they don't have to make changes.

If we keep this run going we will end up on over 80 points. Most of the teams below us 68 or lower. This season looks like 7 or 8 sides about to pull away from the rest. Anyone not getting a win in the next few games will fall away. And I think 5th will be safe with games to go.
[/QUOTE
In my opinion it would take a major slump not to finish a lot higher than we are presently and why ? A number of our bench Saturday would get into any of our opponents teams.
AND we will add quality to our squad, not bench warmers.
I’m forever the optimist but I’m more than optimistic at the moment, we are having games won now in 60/70 minutes against challengers too. 21 points to play for until the end of Feb I expect not to drop many if any.

skyblue1991

6fd9c3ba6ae58e390bcf06b29184d097.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueMatt

I'm going to stick to my preseason prediction and say that we will finish 7th. Though I would not be surprised if make the playoffs.

Would like to see Leeds v West Brom play off semi final, with us v Ipswich
Beat the Baggies in the final

My gut says we may well get to the play offs, but ultimately fall short. I'm just hoping that it doesn't delay us planning for the following season - although that should be less problematic than it might have been, due to the length of current contracts.

I know what you mean, the longer we go into the playoffs means likely we'll have a little less prep time next year. I think having the squad together will more than level that up.

With Torp coming in Jan, it gives him 6 months to settle. Then in the summer, at the top of the list will be an AM (O'Hare replacement). We'll need 2/3 additional bodies in but the nucleus of the squad will be there.

Evo1883

I'm going to stick to my preseason prediction and say that we will finish 7th. Though I would not be surprised if make the playoffs.

I know what you mean, the longer we go into the playoffs means likely we'll have a little less prep time next year. I think having the squad together will more than level that up.

With Torp coming in Jan, it gives him 6 months to settle. Then in the summer, at the top of the list will be an AM (O'Hare replacement). We'll need 2/3 additional bodies in but the nucleus of the squad will be there.

In my head I'm thinking 7th , but last night I was still on a massive high 🤣

Just changed it to 7th -12th

Users who are viewing this thread