Where will we finish if the squad stays the same as it is now pretty much (1 Viewer)

Where do you think we will finish with the squad as it is

• Automatic

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • Playoffs

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • 7th - 12th

Votes: 57 45.6%
  • 12th - 20th

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Relegated

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Evo1883

If the squad stays the same, where will we finish

Personally based my Initial decision with bright and a striker, so I think now we will be around 8th again
A playoff push would be a good season as it stands, finishing in the playoffs would be an outstanding season

vow

I predicted around 7th (even with Bright and Chaplin) and with this squad probably 8th.

I'm ambitious, but fairly happy to consolidate again this season due to off field shite.

Evo1883

I predicted around 7th (even with Bright and Chaplin) and with this squad probably 8th.

I'm ambitious, but fairly happy to consolidate again this season due to off field shite.

I hate to admit it, but I feel like I was overly positive early on, the recent transfer set backs have hit my confidence quite a bit lol.. Hopefully the lads go out and prove us all wrong

vow

I hate to admit it, but I feel like I was overly positive early on, the recent transfer set backs have hit my confidence quite a bit lol.. Hopefully the lads go out and prove us all wrong
Patience young Padawan!
MR will pull something out the bag regarding signings, but I'm confident in the squad we have (perhaps even a gem from the youth will step up and impress?).

Mask

I'm usually a bit more optimistic but I can't seem to shift the mid-table finish feeling at the moment... Would be amazing for the team to come out full of confidence and get a good run going early, but at the moment I can't see it. We had momentum and the team was more of a unit last season with more experience playing together. With the squad now being majoritively made up of new guys, I think it'll be a slow start and maybe an average at best season this time around.

That said, I hope that's not the case and we can push for play-offs throughout. I'm excited for it all to kick off and to see the new guys in action.

fatso

Mid table, as we shouldn’t concede many goals with the seventy billion defenders we’ve picked up.

Magwitch

Atleast as good as last season, a few ifs and buts on the new recruits but I think we are stronger in midfield and hopeful our defence is okay, it’s our forwards but we have who we have and not loaned anyone in yet, remember Walker was only a loan. MR will have wish for alternatives and a month to get them in.

Marty

GK, defence and midfield look about on par to last season, but we're seriously lacking any quality up front, I really can't see where the goals are coming from.

Saddlebrains

12-20th. I was full of confidence up until the Walker deal falling through and now Bayliss looking likely to move. Usually get the kick in the bollocks after a few games not before season start

torchomatic

God, I am so depressed.

Sky Blue Harry H

Kelly,Allen and Jobello stay fit and we'll be about the same. The incoming loans will be pivotal.

Reactions: vow

stupot07

GK, defence and midfield look about on par to last season, but we're seriously lacking any quality up front, I really can't see where the goals are coming from.
Agreed. As it stands right now im struggling to see where goals are gonna come from and one injury and we're fucked.

As it stands 12-14th.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblue_CP

I think actually our defence is about on par with our midfield slightly improving with Allen, if Jobello and Kastaneer stay fit they could be key - Jobello has looked the part with good end product in pre season, but by god we dont have a prolific striker, Hiwula could do a job i think but would be nice to get a proven scorer.

coop

Not enough goals in the team for me we need another McNulty type goalscorer Walker I think would of been the answer.So I think bottom half of the table and crowds of less than 5000 every Home(away) game will take its toll.

SKYBLUES90

Did we not learn anything from last season? Who’s to say Walker would have came in and hit 20+ goals this season?

Don’t think Robins/Recruitment team are daft, Im sure they have other options.

I’m still confident and think we will sneak the play offs. honestly think Hiwula/Baka with Biamou will have decent seasons.

coop

Did we not learn anything from last season? Who’s to say Walker would have came in and hit 20+ goals this season?

Don’t think Robins/Recruitment team are daft, Im sure they have other options.

I’m still confident and think we will sneak the play offs. honestly think Hiwula/Baka with Biamou will have decent seasons.
That is exactly what we did learn we need a 20 goal a season striker if McNulty had of stayed last season I think we would be in the Championship this year and playing at the Ricoh.

Legia Sky Blue

We need another striker - without that I think we will be top half, but not in playoffs. I think there will be new players though, maybe only loans, but if they are good signings we could have a chance of playoffs.

SKYBLUES90

That is exactly what we did learn we need a 20 goal a season striker if McNulty had of stayed last season I think we would be in the Championship this year and playing at the Ricoh.

The whole walker transfer saga has just been a repeat of the Chaplin situation last season. He was built up to be the man to replace Mcnulty and ultimately failed to live up to expectation.

usskyblue

Think I’ll just leave this here...

SamaritansTalktous.jpg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If the squad stays the same, where will we finish

Personally based my Initial decision with bright and a striker, so I think now we will be around 8th again
A playoff push would be a good season as it stands, finishing in the playoffs would be an outstanding season
I've just voted and as it stands I'm the only one who has voted for Automatic.

He who has little faith !

skyblue1991

I was optimistic at the start of the transfer window but until we get a least a striker and a potential replacement for Bayliss if he goes then I can't see us finishing higher than mid-table.

Start the season well, add the afrementioned additions and we may push for the top 8. Still think we will be shy of the play-offs but willing to be proved wrong.

ccfcway

MR knows what he's doing. We will be challenging for the play offs, which when you think of the huge disadvantage we have for the foreseeable future, it will be some feat

ccfcway

There are at least 6-7 teams in this division with better sides than us at the moment. No additional signings and I think we'd probably finish somewhere around 10th-12th. We're a Kelly injury (not unlikely given his record) from being in quite a sticky situation.

what record is this ?. he's played on average 36 games a season for the last 5 years

SeaSeeEffCee

what record is this ?. he's played on average 36 games a season for the last 5 years
Number of appearances can be quite a deceiving stat seeing a 1 minute and 90 minutes both count as 1 appearance. He didn't play a full 90 for us last season until December, and only started 5 times between the end of November and the beginning of April in our League Two season. If you go purely off games started, which is what we'll ideally want from him seeing as he's our captain and most important player, he's only averaged 26.5 across his two seasons here. Not ideal for a centre mid.

Adge

I’m sticking with what I have said all along-if we finish anywhere near 8th again with all that’s going on it will be a decent season.

Users who are viewing this thread