Transfer Rumour Where will Max Biamou end up? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Forget good or great. Everything great expectations says is correct. He came from nob league and helped us to double promotion and survival in championship.

He overachieved and helped the club. Will always respect that.

Also it's a good point that in a time when fans feel like they cannot relate to players why the hell would anyone get a hey or make fun of a player for being a nice guy. So odd

Jordan Shipley has played through tbe leagues - does he get the same adulation?

usskyblue

never been interested in players after they left us

airplane-funny.gif

COV

The guy had a great rapport with the fans, will always be associated with some good times, gave his all last season and was moved on when MR rebuilt the forwards. And yet some people are so fucking triggered when anyone says anything good about him, what exactly has the guy ever done wrong? It’s beyond obsessive now 😆

covcity4life

Jordan Shipley has played through tbe leagues - does he get the same adulation?
He didn't play as well as biamou for me. Also his gf kciks off on twitter about fans and he apparently has tobacco problem.

Not everyone can be liked the same. Bit that shouldn't make u dislike those that r liked more.

Sick Boy

The guy had a great rapport with the fans, will always be associated with some good times, gave his all last season and was moved on when MR rebuilt the forwards. And yet some people are so fucking triggered when anyone says anything good about him, what exactly has the guy ever done wrong? It’s beyond obsessive now 😆
The issue has always been as soon as someone dared to criticise him for his footballing ability, they’d be accused of hating him.
Weirdly, superior players have received barrages or abuse in comparison so far this season and the accusations of hate are absent.
He did a job in League 2 and to an extent in League 1 but was out of his depth last season. I hope for him he does well but some of the comments about being a legend are way, way over the top.

letsallsingtogether

The issue has always been as soon as someone dared to criticise him for his footballing ability, they’d be accused of hating him.
Weirdly, superior players have received barrages or abuse in comparison so far this season and the accusations of hate are absent.
He did a job in League 2 and to an extent in League 1 but was out of his depth last season. I hope for him he does well but some of the comments about being a legend are way, way over the top.
And whenever anyone said he had a good game they were ridiculed.

COV

He wasn’t ‘out of his depth’. You wouldn’t want him leading the line every week now, I don’t think anyone is saying he should- but he didn’t let anyone down last season, nor did he in L1.

And just because “superior players have received abuse”, how does that mean that people are somehow therefore not allowed to like Biamou? That’s weird logic.

People like him, they have gave good memories of his time at the club, why ridicule them every time his name comes up, and why are you so obsessed with him? Of all the garbage and dross we’ve had playing for us over the last 10 years, this guy seems to draw more ire than all of them.

standupforcity

Legend! :ROFLMAO:

COV

It’s a familiar pattern..

“Hyam is garbage… Maatsen is clearly out of his depth at this level… it’s been the worst recruitment in 20 years… Biamou was dogshit… I’m not really obsessed… I do know what I’m talking about, honest”

“Actually none of that is true”

“yEah but yOu aRE tRyInG tO sHuT dOwn deBate”

Great_Expectations

It’s odd to say great servant isn’t it really when he was given a contract and played through it when selected

Great servants are Hutchison Curtis Oggy etc I mean seriously

he’s the sign of a social
Media time really and a poor mans Carl baker in that respect

Don’t understand your first point as isn’t that the case for all footballers? So by that measure no footballer could ever be described as a good/great servant? It’s not a literal description, it’s one of those good old football cliches that I felt fitted here.

Don’t get the reference to the players mentioned but they were before my time, so genuinely please explain? May also help add some context to your first point.

I don’t use a personal social media account so that’s no relevance to my view on him.

COV

Don’t understand your first point as isn’t that the case for all footballers? So by that measure no footballer could ever be described as a good/great servant? It’s not a literal description, it’s one of those good old football cliches that I felt fitted here.

Don’t get the reference to the players mentioned but they were before my time, so genuinely please explain? May also help add some context to your first point.

I don’t use a personal social media account so that’s no relevance to my view on him.

It’s a load of bollocks- being in league two and trying to go after equivalents of Hutchison, Oggy, Curtis would have cost millions which we didn’t have. We had to make the best of it and cobble a team together.

Biamou came in from non-league and ended up showing enough to hold his own all the way up to the Championship, not bad going for someone who was apparently garbage.

Sick Boy

And just because “superior players have received abuse”, how does that mean that people are somehow therefore not allowed to like Biamou? That’s weird logic.
Where have I said they’re not allowed to like him?
I’m referring to the weird accusations of personally hating a player, which simply isn’t true.
I got the usual abuse and ridicule for daring to predict that him and Baka would be released at the end last season and look how that turned out. 😎

Last edited:

Garryb80

It’s a load of bollocks- being in league two and trying to go after equivalents of Hutchison, Oggy, Curtis would have cost millions which we didn’t have. We had to make the best of it and cobble a team together.

Biamou came in from non-league and ended up showing enough to hold his own all the way up to the Championship, not bad going for someone who was apparently garbage.
Rob savage made it to international football so it is possible

Jamesimus

Just on here to point out there is a difference between saying a player is garbage, and pointing out actual things about their game which they are not good at.

Limited player, but can't fault his application, importance of some of his goals (granted he didn't score a lot) and connection with the fans. Hope he does well.

Reactions: SBT

Sick Boy

Just on here to point out there is a difference between saying a player is garbage, and pointing out actual things about their game which they are not good at.

Limited player, but can't fault his application, importance of some of his goals (granted he didn't score a lot) and connection with the fans. Hope he does well.
Not sure anyone has actually said he’s ‘garbage’.
He played a huge role in one of my best ever nights at a CCFC game, for which I’ll always be thankful for.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s odd to say great servant isn’t it really when he was given a contract and played through it when selected

he’s the sign of a social
Media time really and a poor mans Carl baker in that respect

Hutchison, Curtis and Oggy all had a contract and played through it when selected. They didn't just turn up and play for us for nothing.

stevefloyd

Biamou done his bit while he was here, he came in very raw as a player and left a better player not everyones cup of tea but what he lacked in skill he tried to make up with effort. I actually liked him because he kept trying but some of the things he did or didn't do were laughable at times and as I say he tried to give his all, Shipley on the other hand has just totally lost his way, I don't know if he has fell out of love for the game or for our team but he desperately needs to move on....Good luck to Max and Shipley when he eventually leaves.

Grendel

Grendel

Luckily, separation anxiety is treatable

588075287-H.jpg

indeed and I’m sure you can achieve it with therapy - Grendel is in your mind even over the Atlantic

usskyblue

indeed and I’m sure you can achieve it with therapy - Grendel is in your mind even over the Atlantic

We both know there’s no room for me in your life. What with Max, your 3ltr bottle of White Lightning and you loving yourself so much

Greggs

Shows he's got bollocks to carry on playing after a few serious injuries, yet people jizz over a current player who is obviously scared to play. Strange

Grendel

We both know there’s no room for me in your life. What with Max, your 3ltr bottle of White Lightning and you loving yourself so much

Oh dear you are now sounding like O Drivel - shame

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He loves winding people up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nor did biamou

No he didn't. Nor did I say he did.

But your quote was:

Grendel said:

So you're suggesting that no-one can be a great servant if they have a contract and do what is required to fulfil it.

Which all those three players you then go on to say are great servants also did. In which case no-one can be a 'great servant' because all they're doing is fulfiling their contractual obligations.

As far as I can tell he gave his all when he played, despite his limitations, didn't sulk when he was criticised by Robins and worked to get back in favour and then played through an injury. It might not make him a great player but it can make him a great servant.

You may have various reasons why you don't think Biamou was a great servant, but using the fact he had a contract is a pretty stupid one.

blunted

Loved Max, but he is now our past. Remember the good games, let the missed chances fade away. For the Notts Forest game alone he deserves kudos and to be remembered favourably. Always gave 100% and played on occasion when injured. Max is part of our brilliant recent history. Really hopes he does well north of the border.

Users who are viewing this thread