Transfer Rumour Where will Max Biamou end up? (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

It took Man City four years to win the title after being bought out by the richest owners in world football. And they were already an established, billionaire-owned Premier League team when CFG came in. Why would Celtic do it faster?
They wouldn't, I agree with you. Not even close.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Trying to shut people up who don’t agree with you isn’t how a forum works.
You shouldn't have responded to my triggered comment in that case

giphy.gif

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Celtic would be no different Newcastle. The day of picking the bigger club is few and far between. They’d have to spend a fortune on average players just to convince them to live in Glasgow.

they’re a massive club, but if Celtic offer the same wages as Arsenal or Spurs do for players - they’d lose out every time.

SlowerThanPlatt

Celtic would be no different Newcastle. The day of picking the bigger club is few and far between. They’d have to spend a fortune on average players just to convince them to live in Glasgow.

they’re a massive club, but if Celtic offer the same wages as Arsenal or Spurs do for players - they’d lose out every time.

Don’t think they’ll ever join our leagues, SPL wouldn’t be sustainable without them. Entry into a restructured League Cup is something I can see being proposed soon

Last edited:

David O'Day

You do know parts of Glasgow are lovely and really posh? It's not all fucking sets for Taggart you kow

Bugsy

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You do know parts of Glasgow are lovely and really posh? It's not all fucking sets for Taggart you kow
I’m just saying, the further north you go teams tend to struggle to convince players to sign. Players only sign for Celtic now because They know it’s an easy route to the premier league.

Newcastle have had that problem. Like I said - if it’s a choice between say Spurs and Celtic, Spurs will win every time. Are they a bigger club? No - but the allure of London will be 10x that of Glasgow

The Philosopher

I’m just saying, the further north you go teams tend to struggle to convince players to sign. Players only sign for Celtic now because They know it’s an easy route to the premier league.

Newcastle have had that problem. Like I said - if it’s a choice between say Spurs and Celtic, Spurs will win every time. Are they a bigger club? No - but the allure of London will be 10x that of Glasgow
2 years ago I would have 100% agreed that London has the “allure” factor. Yes, it’s a bigger pull than Glasgow or Birmingham but the trend nowadays (particularly post Covid) is very much for high earners to head out of the big cities.

That may reverse, but at the moment I can see more and more opting for say, Bournemouth than QPR or Reading if everything else was equal.

The inner cities aren’t all the glamour and shopping any more. The WAG influence is definitely to the coast and online shopping (rather than city high street) and the fact that house prices are falling in London and steaming on the coast is not to be overlooked.

Totally off topic ramble over.

David O'Day

So Liverpool and United/City have to give people more money than Villa?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So Liverpool and United/City have to give people more money than Villa?
Not necessarily becuase they remain serial winners and forces in Europe. Celtic are a historically big club but the players haven’t grew up with them as big players on the European stage.

the Scottish league’s lack of worldwide appeal also has diminished Celtic. United Liverpool and City have current pedigree to weigh up against the more desirable areas. Celtic have the fact they beat Barcelona with 11% possession.

PVA

If Twitter picked the team we'd have Biamou and Cashman up front, Hilssner would be in midfield.

better days

The thing with both Max and Shippers is that they are both people who have empathy with the fans
From memory I believe each of them contributed to the season ticket fund that Mild Mannered Janitor started and have supported various other good causes in their time here
They both did well at L1 and L2 level but perhaps struggle in the Championship
In the long run it's guys like these that fans remember with affection rather than people like Craig Bellamy, who are great players but third rate human beings

Nick

Administrator
Fuck me, surprised there aren't calls to retire his number.

It's a bit cringeworthy.

Anyway, they will be back to seeing who hates Ben Sheaf the most next week.

KG7

Fuck me, surprised there aren't calls to retire his number.

It's a bit cringeworthy.

Anyway, they will be back to seeing who hates Ben Sheaf the most next week.
Happy to retire the number 94 shirt to be fair.

Offhegoes

The thing with both Max and Shippers is that they are both people who have empathy with the fans
From memory I believe each of them contributed to the season ticket fund that Mild Mannered Janitor started and have supported various other good causes in their time here
They both did well at L1 and L2 level but perhaps struggle in the Championship
In the long run it's guys like these that fans remember with affection rather than people like Craig Bellamy, who are great players but third rate human beings
I don't think Max did struggle in The Championship. He scored some decent goals, and lead the line well. Probably not good enough for a team looking at Upper Table / Play Offs, and we know Robins holds no sentiment. I would of been quite happy with selling Walker, and having Viktor, Waghorn, Godden and Biamou as our 4 strikers (with the benefit of hindsight)
Shipley however, as much as I tried to back him last season really did seem to struggle.

Garryb80

I don't think Max did struggle in The Championship. He scored some decent goals, and lead the line well. Probably not good enough for a team looking at Upper Table / Play Offs, and we know Robins holds no sentiment. I would of been quite happy with selling Walker, and having Viktor, Waghorn, Godden and Biamou as our 4 strikers (with the benefit of hindsight)
Shipley however, as much as I tried to back him last season really did seem to struggle.
Selling walker to keep biamou? Wow.

Great_Expectations

He was a great servant to the club (at least by modern time standards) from L2 through to the Championship and did a job at every level, despite his lack of experience and pedigree compared to the majority of footballers.

Whatever league or game we played, he always put his all into it, you could never question his commitment. It’s a shame our ambition and progress began to overtake his ability, even if he could still do a job at this level as back up/alternative option.

I know this is bizarrely often used as a criticism, but the fact he clearly enjoyed playing for the club, embraced the fans and seemed an all round nice bloke who will likely always have a passion for our club are all positives in my view.

Good servant, constantly tried his best, moved on as not the level we want to be, but really not sure how anyone could have anything but well wishes for him.

covcity4life

He was a great servant to the club (at least by modern time standards) from L2 through to the Championship and did a job at every level, despite his lack of experience and pedigree compared to the majority of footballers.

Whatever league or game we played, he always put his all into it, you could never question his commitment. It’s a shame our ambition and progress began to overtake his ability, even if he could still do a job at this level as back up/alternative option.

I know this is bizarrely often used as a criticism, but the fact he clearly enjoyed playing for the club, embraced the fans and seemed an all round nice bloke who will likely always have a passion for our club are all positives in my view.

Good servant, constantly tried his best, moved on as not the level we want to be, but really not sure how anyone could have anything but well wishes for him.
This this this

Grendel

This this this

It’s odd to say great servant isn’t it really when he was given a contract and played through it when selected

Great servants are Hutchison Curtis Oggy etc I mean seriously

he’s the sign of a social
Media time really and a poor mans Carl baker in that respect

covcity4life

It’s odd to say great servant isn’t it really when he was given a contract and played through it when selected

Great servants are Hutchison Curtis Oggy etc I mean seriously

he’s the sign of a social
Media time really and a poor mans Carl baker in that respect
Forget good or great. Everything great expectations says is correct. He came from nob league and helped us to double promotion and survival in championship.

He overachieved and helped the club. Will always respect that.

Also it's a good point that in a time when fans feel like they cannot relate to players why the hell would anyone get a hey or make fun of a player for being a nice guy. So odd

Users who are viewing this thread