where was everybody (1 Viewer)

Ads87

7000 sba at Milton Keynes, 1200 at Swindon???

ampthill_sba

Ads I assume you weren't there..?

Great atmosphere - sold out in Arkle Stand. Anyone else coming would be in uncovered stand behind goal in driving rain. And it was an all ticket match...

Tank Top

Last Saturday before Christmas, "Wives and shops", "trousers and tops" " Handbags and shoes", " Turkey and Booze"
Bad luck City....A loss was unjust

ecky

1200 is excellent a week before christmas. We never deserved to lose that game.

I was in the arkle stand, what a dump of a ground we still got soaked even with as roof over us
They announced on the pa a big thank you to the 1200 covv fans who attended and the Swindon fans applauded

bigfatronssba

Anything over 1k is brilliant in league 1.

What a ridiculous thread.

Otis

Last Saturday before Christmas, "Wives and shops", "trousers and tops" " Handbags and shoes", " Turkey and Booze"
Bad luck City....A loss was unjust

'Trousers and tops, handbags and shoes' ... and that was just the blokes. No idea what the women were buying.

Ccfcjames91

With less than a week before Christmas money is a Bit tight i would love to get every away game but for me it's just not possible

Hobo

Still recovering from the artists impression of our new stadium. By the time I could stop staring at it and dreaming it was 1455 Saturday...so I had to listen on the radio.

jas365

I don't really buy the whole "a week before Christmas" argument, if we were in Orient's position we'd have filled the open end yesterday.......

Noggin

I don't really buy the whole "a week before Christmas" argument, if we were in Orient's position we'd have filled the open end yesterday.......

Those things aren't mutually exclusive, the more attractive and exciting an option the more you are likely to put of the things you should be doing instead to attend and the more fucked off you are with this whole mess the less likely you are too avoid your christmas jobs, irritate the wife and head out for a day off football.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

Those things aren't mutually exclusive, the more attractive and exciting an option the more you are likely to put of the things you should be doing instead to attend and the more fucked off you are with this hole mess the less likely you are too avoid your christmas jobs, irritate the wife and head out for a day off football.

Kind of agree, although the last Saturday before Christmas has historically affected numbers at football. Tis true however, had we been top, or at least if the wheels hadn't fallen off since Bradford, we'd pretty much fill every away end.

Noggin

Kind of agree, although the last Saturday before Christmas has historically affected numbers at football. Tis true however, had we been top, or at least if the wheels hadn't fallen off since Bradford, we'd pretty much fill every away end.

I was completely agreeing with that, I was saying if we were top, the game would be more attractive and more people would say screw it I know I should be wrapping but I really want to go. That doesn't mean though that the christmas arguement for not attending isn't fair.

Kingokings204

1200+ is a good turn out. We are bottom half team at the moment and Swindon isn't an attractive place to go to. I agree with the argument of if we were top then more would of gone but this is true anyway. Cold wet and horrible as well so 1200 gets my approval.

jas365

1200+ is a good turn out. We are bottom half team at the moment and Swindon isn't an attractive place to go to. I agree with the argument of if we were top then more would of gone but this is true anyway. Cold wet and horrible as well so 1200 gets my approval.

I agree that 1,200 was a good turnout for where we are. I would rather people came out and said they didn't go because we're on a poor run rather than they didn't go because it was a week before Christmas. I would wager that if we played MK yesterday with the form of last month we'd have taken more than 1,200.

Noggin

I agree that 1,200 was a good turnout for where we are. I would rather people came out and said they didn't go because we're on a poor run rather than they didn't go because it was a week before Christmas. I would wager that if we played MK yesterday with the form of last month we'd have taken more than 1,200.

not a fair comparison, mk is a much nicer stadium, ie not uncovered and it's about half the distance.

wingy

Tis not much of a Troll Is It when Its equal to the Tuesday night attendance and a few hundred less than last Saturdays .

jas365

not a fair comparison, mk is a much nicer stadium, ie not uncovered and it's about half the distance.

Fair enough, maybe I look at things from a different perspective and am in the minority. Don't think I've ever looked at a fixture and thought I don't fancy that as the grounds not very nice.

Noggin

I've never chosen a game on how good the ground is.

You going satdee?
Nah mate the grounds not very nice.

Genius

You going Satdee? Nah mate, it's been pissing down all week, with howling winds, it knocked my fence down, I've gotta fix that and do the wrapping so driving for 2 hours and standing uncovered in the cold isn't tempting me.

Honestly I don't belive people haven't been more likely/less likely to go to games because of the grounds, who hasn't been excited to go to wembley, the emirates, old trafford etc. When it's an better ground with larger crowd it's a more tempting prospect. A significant percent of the 7k people who went to MK went because it was going to be such a big crowd of Coventry fans, as more people decided to go it made more people decide to go. We saw that with the Crewe game last year too, it suddenly became the place to be and so more and more people decided to go, that of course was far from the only reason.

Unless you are someone who goes to every single game, or goes to every single game when not working then it's very likely you take a large variety of things into account when deciding weather or not to go, even if you don't realise it.

M&B Stand

You going Satdee? Nah mate, it's been pissing down all week, with howling winds, it knocked my fence down, I've gotta fix that and do the wrapping so driving for 2 hours and standing uncovered in the cold isn't tempting me.

Honestly I don't belive people haven't been more likely/less likely to go to games because of the grounds, who hasn't been excited to go to wembley, the emirates, old trafford etc. When it's an better ground with larger crowd it's a more tempting prospect. A significant percent of the 7k people who went to MK went because it was going to be such a big crowd of Coventry fans, as more people decided to go it made more people decide to go. We saw that with the Crewe game last year too, it suddenly became the place to be and so more and more people decided to go, that of course was far from the only reason.

Unless you are someone who goes to every single game, or goes to every single game when not working then it's very likely you take a large variety of things into account when deciding weather or not to go, even if you don't realise it.

We're obviously different kinds of people.

'I'm not going as it's been pissing down all week and I've some wrapping to do'. has made my day :)

Noggin

We're obviously different kinds of people.

'I'm not going as it's been pissing down all week and I've some wrapping to do'. has made my day :)

I'm not going because im not going to a single game untill sisu are gone, but if I were one of the many people who go to say 5 away games a season swindon a week before christmas wouldn't be one, I'm just explaining the things that go through peoples heads when deciding weather or not to go to a game, being uncovered when the weather is shit might not be high up on the list but its certainly something many will take into account, 2 hours drive certainly is high up there though. I don't let the rain stop me doing things last year pretty much everywhere I went outside was pissing down, the grand prix and the proms at warwick castle (an absolute mud bath) being the worst, this year been lucky though. However if I'm on the fence about something standing uncovered in the cold and wet is quite possible to make the decision.

Your mad if you don't think the weather, the stadium, the distance affect attendences, they do so dramatically. Sometimes more than others of course, if a game is on the tv then the walk up crowd will be hurt very significantly by terrible weather.

letsallsingtogether

I was there, played well deserved to win that one but getting a bit goal shy lately, but we hit the bar and post and the usual mistakes at the back.

Tank Top

'Trousers and tops, handbags and shoes' ... and that was just the blokes. No idea what the women were buying.
.T.
images
Nice one O.T.

torchomatic

We were going to go but didn't realise I had to get my tickets by 3pm on Friday.

oscillatewildly

I don't care about peeps reasons/poor excuses for non attendance. What's really got me intrigued now is, do the punters at Warwick castle proms get a mud slide going if the conditions allow for it?

theferret

1200 was still the biggest away following of the day in L1. All away followings were below par on Saturday. Not only that, it is the most expensive ground in the league, and reaching it by train costs a fortune. Can't believe people are criticising that following. We average over 2000 so far this season, that's double what we averaged in the Championship.

RoboCCFC90

1219 at the game on Saturday which was fantastic, the Arkell standing was rocking with a good Sky Blue atmosphere. Shame about the result though :(

friendly_canary

Norwich took 800 to Sunderland on Saturday- i should know i went! City put free coach travel on for us though.

The fact that you took 1200 odd to Swindon is a good thing! Great support imo.

RoboCCFC90

1200 was still the biggest away following of the day in L1. All away followings were below par on Saturday. Not only that, it is the most expensive ground in the league, and reaching it by train costs a fortune. Can't believe people are criticising that following. We average over 2000 so far this season, that's double what we averaged in the Championship.

Unfortunately I don't think it was Wolves took 2000+ to Rotherham.

Users who are viewing this thread