Where to protest. Leadership needed (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Will the Trust please give some indication where to protest on Sunday ? Jimmy's Hill (which will probably be fenced off) or the Ricoh.

GO TO THE RICOH -- A fun day out, see some legends, peaceful and two fingers up to SISU !!

Or:-

GO TO SIXFIELDS -- There will be many more going to the Ricoh - stay in Coventry ! Coventry City in Coventry !

Lets all decide where to go now ?

SkyblueBazza

Personally I think enough people have player contacts on twitter to get the message across to them that our protest is with the owners only. Therefore we stay away from Northampton completely. I think a much bigger attendance at the Ricoh would get better publicity - & send a much clearer message than Jimmy's Hill protests. THAT potentially sends the message that supporters ARE happy to travel miles for home games...reinforcing TFs "They'll be back after a few games" attitude.
Works out less expensive to attend the Ricoh, makes the single point, benefits charity, gets better publicity, more likely to stay peaceful, has entertainment value & IMO benefits more overall to our cause.

jesus-wept

It is tempting to go to Sixfields and stand outside protesting but I would suggest go to the match at the Ricoh as many as possible, double or even treble the Sixfields gate, that would attract national publicity and would be another nail in the sisu coffin. Imagine that after Saturdays trouble security will be high stewards and coppers all over the place from the train station, town centre to the ground. If hardly anyone turned up what will they do next match ? Going to cost somebody thousands.

The Prefect

IMHO leave Northampton alone and go to the Ricoh and support the charity match and the local businesses in Coventry.

Protest will do nothing to SISU. The only way to 'hit' them is through their pockets by not going Northampton.

The media aren't interested in our plight. Sky proved that with the Trust protest not being covered. Leave Northampton alone and support a real Coventry team at the Ricoh.

Voice_of_Reason

The "Go to the Ricoh and not to Sixfields" is gathering momentum -- spread the word, lets get 10,000 there ! Only £5 plus £3 for kids. Tell everyone, persuade as many as you can!

CovMatt1987

we have more control and would be a much more meaningful sign for everyone to show up at the Ricoh. that to me says you can move the football to Northampton, but we are staying in Coventry. I agree, how do we get the point across that we do not want to and will not go to Northampton........by going to Northampton?!

ant20coventry

Why not outside f.a headquarters ? Block the street and force them to reevaluate there decisions ? I'm up,for anything I'd go militant if I chould , sisu have destroyed this club

wes_cov

Does anyone know what the maximum attendance can be on Sunday?

I can see 5000+ turning up but them having only opened up for 2000 and turning people away.... I don't mind i'll just get the game on the radio and listen to that in the carpark :)

ArchieLittle

Agree, Leadership required.
This is where we need someone like the trust in touch with the FPA to ensure that they know what is happening, the Ricoh know what is happening and so we, the fans, know what to expect.
A lot of people means a lot of money for the charities concerned but does add to stewarding etc.
Nick, can we have a sticky thread for this?

P.S. Just for giggles I have 2 friends who live in Northampton coming over for the game.

Wm65

Anyone who goes to sixfields to protest is a fool and will be laughed at by sisu amongst others.
Go to sixfields and support the team that you have always supported or go the ricoh and watch the old stars for charity - a personal choice.

ant20coventry

That's a brilliant idea , it would definitely send a statement to sisu and the media , I can't believe it come to this I'm fuckin heartbroken man , our clubs been run into the ground by some shadow executive yank how did it come to this ? Bryan Richardson I'd love to bump into you one day u c**t

ant20coventry

Anyone who goes to sixfields to protest is a fool and will be laughed at by sisu amongst others.
Go to sixfields and support the team that you have always supported or go the ricoh and watch the old stars for charity - a personal choice.

There not going to protest against the players are they , so I'm sure they will support the team no matter what , it's about sending a statement to sisu , so going to sixfields to protest and not paying to get in whould definitely not put a smile on sisus face

ashbyjan

The Trust working closely with the FPA on the 130 year anniversary of OUR club at the Ricoh. We would encourage all fans to support this event and help celebrate our clubs rich history. The Trust is not organising any protests at the "home" match in Northampton - if people want to go to the match that is their personal decision and they are free to do so. The Trust would also condemn anyone who berates, threatens, barracks or in any way tries to intimidate those who have decided to go to the match - we should respect their right to attend the game, we don't have to agree with it but we should respect it.

We are told Sky cameras will be at both games to compare attendances and wouldn't it be a powerful message if the crowd at the Ricoh was 10 times that at Northampton. Its going to be a fun day at the Ricoh so come along and enjoy the day (and if it helps make a point so much the better).

Doors open 12.30 Match kicks off 2.00 Entrance £5.00 for adults £3.00 concessions. The Trust will be selling the new Keep Coventry in Coventry wrist bands at the game - get yours and lets keep the message load and clear - Keep Cov In Cov.

shmmeee

A personal choice. But people have to pick from only the two you agree with?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You're right I am a fool.
A fool for coming from Coventry
A fool for being a supporter of my Citys football club
A fool for loving said football club and city
A fool for letting everybody from government to big business wreck my club and city
A fool to think that anybody outside of my city and a good few in it would give a damn
A fool for thinking that going to London marches putting ribbons everywhere would make a difference
So all in all youre right I am a fool to make this futile gesture by standing outside Sixfields just like every other thing we do will be futile!

jimmyhillsfanclub

You're right I am a fool.
A fool for coming from Coventry
A fool for being a supporter of my Citys football club
A fool for loving said football club and city
A fool for letting everybody from government to big business wreck my club and city
A fool to think that anybody outside of my city and a good few in it would give a damn
A fool for thinking that going to London marches putting ribbons everywhere would make a difference
So all in all youre right I am a fool to make this futile gesture by standing outside Sixfields just like every other thing we do will be futile!

but you're sixfield protest will have a low turnout, will be chaotic & will probably either result in bad press (violence) or no press (20 angry blokes with placards).......it is a pointless protest.

IGNORE SIXFIELDS.

Get up the Ricoh.....this is where ALL City fans need to be for the first HOME game.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

but you're sixfield protest will have a low turnout, will be chaotic & will probably either result in bad press (violence) or no press (20 angry blokes with placards).......it is a pointless protest.

IGNORE SIXFIELDS.

Get up the Ricoh.....this is where ALL City fans need to be for the first HOME game.

I have never watched any other game while CCFC have been playing this will be me saying goodbye to City when they kick off I walk away

ant20coventry

I think us as fans have to do something drastic , I was at the protest march the other Saturday , and if we had that many numbers of fans again but say this time staying put outside the council offices or blocking supply routes into sisu's main offices , if we come together as fans and protest like how the truck drivers did blocking the fuel leaving there bp depot and holding the government to ransom , or the union strikes of the 70s/80s , I don't condone this but look for example the rio Ferdinand contract signing , he was dwelling on a new contract at utd and cause he took his time utd fans actually went to his house and put him on the spot , now like I said I dont condone this , just trying to make people realise that. Flash marches that don't cause any social effect are ineffective , look how many went to gosford green the other day , and what good did it do us , sisu you have literally ripped my heart out over your handling of our club and I just urge fans to come together while we still ave a club to call home

chiefdave

Save it for another day.

Weaken the support at Northampton this weekend and then we can all go down to a future match and sit on Jimmy's Hill.

Surely the ideal match for a protest on Jimmy's Hill will be the Sheff Utd game on 13th Oct as it's live on Sky.

andyboy81

No Point protesting at the Ricoh, No Camera's, no coverage or anything and The Ricoh now has no significance to the Club or the Football League.

If you want to protest and make yourself seen.... Outside Sixfields when the Players turn up OR sitdown protest on the pitch BEFORE the game has started. Having fans being chased around by stewards like an episode of Benny Hill is NOT the right look.

If you want to watch a game of football and feel nostalgic whilst supporting a good cause, then go the Ricoh. That Event is NOT the right time or place to have any bad feelings in the atmosphere!!

ashbyjan

Sky (and probably the others once they realise the size of the story) will have cameras at both venues to compare the respective attendences

ant20coventry

Anything that will get us national attention gives us a voice and a platform , imagine 6 thousand fans sitting on the pitch live on sky sports singing , we will not be moved , well sisu you may have moved us but by god I'm not gonna let u cunts break us , we really just can't let these fuckers dictate everything to us , the council who hasn't really been put down in the telegraph (I wonder why) there half the fucking fault as well , both sides go on like there putting the clubs priority 1st , u chat fucking shit , acl chould of saved us last Friday but money comes first don't it

andyboy81

Sky (and probably the others once they realise the size of the story) will have cameras at both venues to compare the respective attendences

HAHAHAHA you think??

Sky and BBC dont give a fuck. Apart from anything else, they cant say too much against the football league hence the media quietness.

I guarantee not a single Sky / BBC Camera will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread