where is the investment going to come from? (1 Viewer)

kevinleftpeg

Afternoon all- As like many I have become increasingly bemused by the recent events. However..........

I have one question that is still perplexing me. I will keep the narrative simple for my own benefit.
This is not an anti owner question. Just an open & honest one.

Assuming our owners have already lots many millions & DO plan the build a new home, who will / is funding this venture circa £40-50 in total?

I personally just cannot see how these vast sums can be raised through the 'hedge' method based on recent experiences.

Regards all, KLP

PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I can't see any investment from anyone. There's no super-rich Russian oligarch coming in to give us any hope, that's for sure!

RoboCCFC90

KLP,

I am sure Fisher said the money would be raised by equity and via loans, however would this be enough we shall have to wait and see, reading the article on the CT website today regarding the sites for CCFC, a spokesman from the CBRE said “Otium has invested significant financial resources in the project to date and continue to do so to ensure expedient completion of the stadium within the Coventry area."

So by the sounds of it to some extent it looks like to an extent that Otium are willing to pump it's own cash in to finance the resources and completion of this stadium itself.

Kingokings204

Please read my article I started about an hour or so ago and this will confirm that they have been trying for investment for over 2 years and no one in their right mind would put in money to Coventry city unless you enjoy losing money.

kevinleftpeg

but surely the PL would not sanction the 'admin movements' & 'groundshare' without proof? Therefore, who is providing the owners with guarantees of funding. The owners could not just state the have the required funds without supporting evidence?

I just do not understand who would finance / part finance this Project as there cannot even be a tangible business case without even a confirmed location to build for starters. None of this stacks up.

I will tootle off under the assumption I am just plain old naive............

KLP

shmmeee

but surely the PL would not sanction the 'admin movements' & 'groundshare' without proof? Therefore, who is providing the owners with guarantees of funding. The owners could not just state the have the required funds without supporting evidence?

I just do not understand who would finance / part finance this Project as there cannot even be a tangible business case without even a confirmed location to build for starters. None of this stacks up.

I will tootle off under the assumption I am just plain old naive............

KLP

Basically the FL just agreed to whatever Sisu told them no questions asked.

Kingokings204

Yes the proof they shown must be minimal and authorised move to Northampton to save themselves more bother of liquidating ccfc.

shmmeee

I suspect the owners of sisu are actually funding the project, in its early stages.

Are they? Or will it all show up as "loans" to CCFC? And if not how much rent will CCFC be charged and what income streams will they get?

You'd think these are perhaps the only relevant questions considering how the new stadium idea came about. Yet they're the only ones Fisher and Sisu refuse to answer.

georgehudson

according to Fisher (fans forum 6/6/13), the monies for this project would be found by 'converting equity',
i,ve not looked at the Fisher dictionary, i can't find one,
& it doesn't appear in the Roger Mellie profanosaurus,
so presumably up to Mr F to explain,
pause.................. long pause.........................,
maybe another one of his ******** statements

BrisbaneBronco

according to Fisher (fans forum 6/6/13), the monies for this project would be found by 'converting equity',
i,ve not looked at the Fisher dictionary, i can't find one,
& it doesn't appear in the Roger Mellie profanosaurus,
so presumably up to Mr F to explain,
pause.................. long pause.........................,
maybe another one of his ******** statements

I am guessing that the converting of equity will be Ryton. Would explain why they are looking at Brandon for training facilities.

Matty_CCFC

Afternoon all- As like many I have become increasingly bemused by the recent events. However..........

I have one question that is still perplexing me. I will keep the narrative simple for my own benefit.
This is not an anti owner question. Just an open & honest one.

Assuming our owners have already lots many millions & DO plan the build a new home, who will / is funding this venture circa £40-50 in total?

I personally just cannot see how these vast sums can be raised through the 'hedge' method based on recent experiences.

Regards all, KLP

PUSB

As per a question to Fisher at his forums "who will actually own the new stadium"?

Who ever these investors might be they will want there money back and with interest.
Rent probably more than what it was at Ricoh

letsallsingtogether

So you sell one for 1 million then buy another for the same amount and then spend another million getting it up to scratch yep sounds right to me? me
I am guessing that the converting of equity will be Ryton. Would explain why they are looking at Brandon for training facilities.

letsallsingtogether

Don't even dare to go there people will strike you down :D

As per a question to Fisher at his forums "who will actually own the new stadium"?

Who ever these investors might be they will want there money back and with interest.

duffer

It's rubbish isn't it, the new stadium plan. Everyone except the FL know it's never going to happen - in fact I think that by now even the FL know it, but they've painted themselves into a corner.

skybluetony176

KLP,

I am sure Fisher said the money would be raised by equity and via loans, however would this be enough we shall have to wait and see, reading the article on the CT website today regarding the sites for CCFC, a spokesman from the CBRE said “Otium has invested significant financial resources in the project to date and continue to do so to ensure expedient completion of the stadium within the Coventry area."

So by the sounds of it to some extent it looks like to an extent that Otium are willing to pump it's own cash in to finance the resources and completion of this stadium itself.

well what ever that substantial amount may be it clearly isn't enough as it doesn't even seemed to have covered the cost of contacting ccc and all the other surrounding bourough councills to help locate a potential site, which apparently is the 1st step. 3-5years is ticking by, someone needs to pull their socks up and quick.

J

Jack Griffin

well what ever that substantial amount may be it clearly isn't enough as it doesn't even seemed to have covered the cost of contacting ccc and all the other surrounding bourough councills to help locate a potential site, which apparently is the 1st step. 3-5years is ticking by, someone needs to pull their socks up and quick.

The local councils will give this cockamamie scheme as wide a berth as legally possible. They'll only reluctantly get involved when and if an application for planning permission is made..

Big_Ben

Being pedantic, that's not strictly true.
What the investors will want is to see their money working for them and yielding a return. They will obviously want to see that their money is safe, although even that is not an absolute per-requisite, depending on the risk strategy they have. For some, they are prepared to see short term losses against long term gain (and I talk of sustaining losses for years if there is a prospect of long term gains).

sky blue john

Being pedantic, that's not strictly true.
What the investors will want is to see their money working for them and yielding a return. They will obviously want to see that their money is safe, although even that is not an absolute per-requisite, depending on the risk strategy they have. For some, they are prepared to see short term losses against long term gain (and I talk of sustaining losses for years if there is a prospect of long term gains).

Its like any investment safe is low interest return. Higher rates of return are predicted and expected on higher risk investments.
Which would you says ours was ?

thaiskyblue

It's rubbish isn't it, the new stadium plan. Everyone except the FL know it's never going to happen - in fact I think that by now even the FL know it, but they've painted themselves into a corner.
there's still some on here that believe it too, "in slimie Fisher we trust ".

Users who are viewing this thread