Where is Rick Gekoski? (2 Viewers)

joemercersaces

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the nice thoughts!
I’m still around, and still interested if chagrined by recent developments. I went to the playoff game at Wembley (with my friend Jonathan Strange) and it brought back happy memories of happier times.
To tell the truth I’m getting tired of football, the crazy money, the team-hopping players, the ludicrous world of oligarchs and billionaire owners. I much preferred watching the recent women’s World Cup. Proper football played in good spirit. Not so much of the ugliness that my former wife called detesterone.....
All best to you all,
Rick

I too enjoyed your very well written book about supporting the Sky Blues. Don’t give up on us baby. Look at it from the point of view of diehard fans who refuse to be defeated by the money and cynicism, and look at the fantastic gesture of fans buying season tickets for kids and dads who can’t afford them.

oscillatewildly

Likewise. It’s been gathering dust on my shelf (along with a few dozen other books) for the best part of 20 years. Maybe this will be its year!
Nah.
Why can’t we try and get a Sunderlandesque Netflix doc made - not that I’ve watched that either. With all our off field shenanigans it’d be far more interesting. Plus I support cov so would find it doubly interesting. However, I would only watch it around someone else’s house...as I refuse to watch cov documentaries at home unless I’m living in cov. Which I’m not.
Stranger still! - I bumped into a friend who I haven't seen in a while yesterday and we got onto the subject of that Blunderland soap opera.
So many people have been saying "You have to watch it", that I feel compelled to - Once I've read that book.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's been an interesting summer on here.
Hickman spitting out cocktails to show his deep pockets, CCFC4Life offering to rape someone's owl, grown men wanting to meet and fight and now this.
Summer madness at it's very best.
Who ever said that the close season was dull?
You call this entertainment, do me a favour .

giphy.gif

Terry_dactyl

Stranger still! - I bumped into a friend who I haven't seen in a while yesterday and we got onto the subject of that Blunderland soap opera.
So many people have been saying "You have to watch it", that I feel compelled to - Once I've read that book.

Yeah, they’re both on my bucket list:-
- see the northern lights
- read ‘staying up’
- watch Sunderland doc
- eat a croissant

As an aside @Rick Gekoski is there any chance you could write a sequel? Maybe an accompaniment to the Sunderland Doc? You could call it ‘staying down’.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I've been entertained 1,000% by some of the threads in this close season - it's been absolutely brilliant!! Each to their own CovKidsNeverQuit and let's hope we both enjoy the new season as the Sky Blues tear up the league. Bring it on!
Yeah let's hope we smash it , the league i mean.

Users who are viewing this thread