Where have all the Thorn lover's gone (1 Viewer)

city old boy

Well done SISU for sacking him 12 months too late in my opinion. might even still be in the championship now.

Otis

Tis time to move away from all this Thorn lover / Thorn hater stuff isn't it.

:(

I thought he was way out of his depth, but we've done all this to death now and with the way we are playing at the moment surely we should be looking to the future rather than dwelling on the past.

hill83

This topic is over now. Might as well be asking where have all the Betamax lovers gone.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well done SISU for sacking him 12 months too late in my opinion. might even still be in the championship now.

If SISU hadn't appointed AT, I included, would be outraged. He was clear fan's favourite and some, I not included, compared AT & Harrison to Sillett & Curtis :facepalm:

If we had sacked him this time last year, many CCFC fans would've blamed SISU for getting CCFC relegated because we sacked AT.

Fickle fans.

dongonzalos

If SISU hadn't appointed AT, I included, would be outraged. He was clear fan's favourite and some, I not included, compared AT & Harrison to Sillett & Curtis :facepalm:

If we had sacked him this time last year, many CCFC fans would've blamed SISU for getting CCFC relegated because we sacked AT.

Fickle fans.

No question.
He was so appalling this season. Defeat after defeat, dressing room unrest. Crowds calling for his head. How long do you let that sort of thing drag on.

That disgraceful draw away at Yeovil first game of the season. That shocking win in the cup. Followed by that outrageous draw with the league favourites. Something asides penalties we did again the other weak against a weakened Sheffield Utd team. Followed by that genuinely disappointing draw with Bury.

How he was he 360 minutes in charge of this new squad

Mucca Mad Boys

Shut up you idiot.

Aimed at me?

Well it's true, the majority of fans are fickle. Many wanted Thorn, and, to be honest, getting relegated may be a blessing in disguise, our team now, is probably better than last seasons. We definitely have a better squad anyway.

Last edited:

stupot07

Aimed at me?

Well it's true, the majority if fans are fickle. Many wanted Thorn, and, to be honest, getting relegated may be a blessing in disguise, our team now, is probably better than last seasons. We definitely have a better squad anyway.

I think he meant the original poster.

CJparker

We haven't gone away, we just like MR too.

Either AT should have left at the end of last season, or they should have given him all of this season - sacking him after 3 games, after giving him the whole summer, pre-season and transfer budget was just lunacy.

Mucca Mad Boys

No question.
He was so appalling this season. Defeat after defeat, dressing room unrest. Crowds calling for his head. How long do you let that sort of thing drag on.

That disgraceful draw away at Yeovil first game of the season. That shocking win in the cup. Followed by that outrageous draw with the league favourites. Something asides penalties we did again the other weak against a weakened Sheffield Utd team. Followed by that genuinely disappointing draw with Bury.

How he was he 360 minutes in charge of this new squad

Wasn't you an AT defender until recently? I rest my case.

Hindsight is brilliant, I don't think many managers would've wanted to manage us last season, this yea we were more attractive to manage in a way A) great L1 squad B) great rep if you do well with CCFC this season (revival etc.)

Mucca Mad Boys

We haven't gone away, we just like MR too.

Either AT should have left at the end of last season, or they should have given him all of this season - sacking him after 3 games, after giving him the whole summer, pre-season and transfer budget was just lunacy.

It was in the CET, that he was going to get sacked at the end of last season, but AT made promises that it'd all change if the board do their part, which, tbf, that didn't happen in our relegation season, so this summer, the lard backed him, we brought quality players, season starts, we make exactly the same mistakes as last season, board see he hasn't changed sacked him. - decisive decision making.

3 games is harsh, but if you sense things aren't going to change, go with your instincts and sack him - for that, I applaud the board.

On the appointing the new manager, it may have took long, but we made the right decision, for that, I think it was worth the wait. Just a shame Shaw fucked it right up (which is good in a way, because he could've ended up as Thorn 2.0 - especially as people were calling for him to be appointed after Brum)

kg82

Aimed at me?

Well it's true, the majority of fans are fickle. Many wanted Thorn, and, to be honest, getting relegated may be a blessing in disguise, our team now, is probably better than last seasons. We definitely have a better squad anyway.

Nope, not at you. Stupot was correct!

Macca

It's pretty simple. People made ridiculous comments about how great AT was and that people that could nt see that were idiots. Now they are proved wrong its convenient for them to label the topic irrelevant

skybluegod

"Thorn Lovers" do you mean the fans that supported their manager? it's called getting behind the team. Heard of it?
Also I doubt we would have stayed up even with Robins or any of the managers realistically available would have been able to keep us up.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's pretty simple. People made ridiculous comments about how great AT was and that people that could nt see that were idiots. Now they are proved wrong its convenient for them to label the topic irrelevant

I think the topic is dead now, IMO, we're in a new era, the Mark Robins' era, which will hopefully be an era I can speak with pride about in the years to come.

Mucca Mad Boys

I never wanted him. It was a tight arse cheap appointment by shitsu.

That's your opinion, but the prevailing opinion was to appoint Thorn, he did well and deserved a shot, it didn't work out and it was apparent he was out of his depth, but if we hadn't of appointed him, there'd be people sat here now saying 'shitsu' (sounds like the dog, aha) should've kept AT and we wouldn't be in this mess now. There may even be a 'what if' comparison to Eric Black.

skybluegod

How is it not irrelevant? he isn't at the club now? No "thorn lovers" have come and said "i want AT back".

Grendel

How is it not irrelevant? he isn't at the club now? No "thorn lovers" have come and said "i want AT back".

To be fair one did after the Brentford game.

If robins had failed to turn things round I think many of the usual suspects would be saying told you so and it would be very relevant.

It is in the past though. Personally I think it was one of the bleakest periods in our history and people will in the future wonder how on earth such a hopeless limited individual would be a manager of a reasonably sized club and be popular with many.

I don't mention it much now I'm just glad he's gone but be under no illusion - If things hadnt improved we would be bombarded with smirking threads from his fan club.

Covstu

Personally I backed Thorn last season because he was our manager, I don't think it is constructive to give him abuse when he was put in an impossible position. He was never the man for the job (that's the man we have now) but for me it isn't about Thorn Lovers/Haters, he is gone and we all can move on.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair one did after the Brentford game.

If robins had failed to turn things round I think many of the usual suspects would be saying told you so and it would be very relevant.

It is in the past though. Personally I think it was one of the bleakest periods in our history and people will in the future wonder how on earth such a hopeless limited individual would be a manager of a reasonably sized club and be popular with many.

I don't mention it much now I'm just glad he's gone but be under no illusion - If things hadnt improved we would be bombarded with smirking threads from his fan club.

Pretty much. That game at Southampton was pure humiliation and I'm glad his era is being largely forgotten about.

Brighton Sky Blue

That's your opinion, but the prevailing opinion was to appoint Thorn, he did well and deserved a shot, it didn't work out and it was apparent he was out of his depth, but if we hadn't of appointed him, there'd be people sat here now saying 'shitsu' (sounds like the dog, aha) should've kept AT and we wouldn't be in this mess now. There may even be a 'what if' comparison to Eric Black.

That assumes we'd still have gone down.

SkyblueBazza

Personally I backed Thorn last season because he was our manager, I don't think it is constructive to give him abuse when he was put in an impossible position. He was never the man for the job (that's the man we have now) but for me it isn't about Thorn Lovers/Haters, he is gone and we all can move on.

I agree - HE'S LEFT! Some just refuse to move on tho. "I was right"/"I knew best" attitudes methinks. Even yesterday's match thread saw him get several mentions post game.
I think i might be sneeringly referred to as a "Thorn lover" because I stuck up for him in the face of the vitriolic personal abuse & ridicule directed his way. And to be honest, if he'd stayed I think he'd have got results to see us safe. I also doubt he'd have got us back to The Championship though let alone the Prem. Robins is simply better. THAT IS MY LAST WORD ON AT EXCEPT "HE'S LEFT" every time I find irrelevant posts about him.

Nick

Administrator
It does get tiresome but I noticed most people who say it doesnt matter he has left and who cares he has gone are the ones who were saying how good s manager he was for us.

If only they did it sooner! :(

kdrinkell

I with him all the best,as a scout he was top notch,it is history lets just encourage from now on

Mucca Mad Boys

That assumes we'd still have gone down.

It is impossible to say for certain if we would've stayed up or went down last year if AT had been sacked, unless you can rerun history, which we can't. We can only guess.

I think we probably would've went down, the only thing that made it close was Pompey going into admin. We had Platt upfront, who has scored how many for N'hampton? 1 or 2!? Shows how bad we were last year.

Brighton Sky Blue

It is impossible to say for certain if we would've stayed up or went down last year if AT had been sacked, unless you can rerun history, which we can't. We can only guess.

I think we probably would've went down, the only thing that made it close was Pompey going into admin. We had Platt upfront, who has scored how many for N'hampton? 1 or 2!? Shows how bad we were last year.

Pompey's admin was totally deserved so I don't buy people saying that some how means the other clubs 'didn't deserve' to stay up through running themselves better. We threw away nearly 30 points from in front last season (in fact may have been more)-does a team totally out of its depth do that? If the team was that bad it'd be getting tonked every week regardless of the manager.

torchomatic

And presumably you hate Robins because he was also appointed by shitsu (sic)?

I never wanted him. It was a tight arse cheap appointment by shitsu.

Users who are viewing this thread