Where do you think we'll finish this season ?? (3 Viewers)

Malaka

At the start of the season I said 10th would be great, lets see whats it's like after Crimbo, I reckon that we should sneak a play off position

Gibbo

10th or thereabouts.

We have gained 6 points from three late goals - the moves in advance for each being max 20 secs each, so one minute of football in 180 minutes each at the very end of the game. Two came from poor clearances one from a deflection*. It is tiny margins as always that have little to do with form or ability but have gone our way.

This could be the high point, so we should all enjoy it / make the most of the fun. Next year no O'Hare/Hamer/MacFadz and new people being bedded in with the other clubs being wise to us. As Billy Bragg said - next year it's the difficult third album (or season anyway).

* MacFadz v Forrest (poor clearance), Godden v Reading (ditto from Moore's kick), Godden v Bristol (deflected).

slowpoke

10th or thereabouts.

We have gained 6 points from three late goals - the moves in advance for each being max 20 secs each, so one minute of football in 180 minutes each at the very end of the game. Two came from poor clearances one from a deflection*. It is tiny margins as always that have little to do with form or ability but have gone our way.

This could be the high point, so we should all enjoy it / make the most of the fun. Next year no O'Hare/Hamer/MacFadz and new people being bedded in with the other clubs being wise to us. As Billy Bragg said - next year it's the difficult third album (or season anyway).

* MacFadz v Forrest (poor clearance), Godden v Reading (ditto from Moore's kick), Godden v Bristol (deflected).
But we were denied a stonewall penalty at Blackburn and possibly one at Preston too plus the Derby was it or wasn’t it Godden disallowed goal, so the over the season things even out perhaps

SkyBlueMatt

10th or thereabouts.

We should definitely be enjoying the performances, results and being high up in the table. I agree that 8th-10th is roughly where we will end up.

I don't think we've been fortunate or lucky to be where we are. We've scored last minute goals because the players never give up. They're more switched on that the opposition and it leads to goals. I believe the crowd has really helped.

I'm a realist but who knows what Hamer and O'Hare are going to do in the summer? I think they'll both sign an extension (maybe only another year) but I think they'll be here.

We've had as many or more poor decisions go against us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Only if we won it. Play off defeat (though still an amazing feat) will have put the spotlight on our club to a degree that I worry that the players/staff will get targeted by those with deeper pockets. If we can cope with any rebuild - fine. I suppose it's the downside of being a fan. You invest your time and love in a team, but know that your heroes will eventually leave - and you have to start all over again until others emerge. Take Gyo - was pleased when we signed him, but had no idea what an impact he would have. Has gone from being a squad filler to an icon. Sod it - play off final and we'll take our chances (will help the bank balance, regardless!)
Get more money for winning play offs then the league as well

CDK

I'm just looking at this run of games till the next international break and see where we are then .

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I have been impressed with City this season. Only thing is looking at fixtures, very few of them fall into that should be a definite win category. I felt away games at both Preston and and Sheffield United were similar in that didn't look like scoring particularly and also faded energy wise. I appreciate home games have been different.
Three new players in January will freshen the team up and provide more cover obviously. I'm not being specific in what positions but it would really help and limit wasting such an impressive start and current points total.

blunted

I am a Cov fan so I expect the wheels to come off every match. At my age, if we were still at Highfield Road I would probably have been banished to the Kop with the old moaners. Not sure where they should put me out to pasture at the CBS, as it is noisy everywhere except in the posh bit above the dugouts, where we went for a party and were the only rowdy ones. I dare to dream. Don't think we will go up, but what a story that would be for your grandchildren.

steve cooper

I hope people don't start thinking if we drop out of the top 6, that's game over, it's so close that anyone in the top half could easily make the playoffs, us included. We may have a few bad results during a run of tough games, like any other team.

Users who are viewing this thread