Where do they get off (5 Viewers)

wingy

Is it the silly season or april fools day ,it's surfaced again this ridiculous idea of scottish clubs bombing into our premier league .How utterly pathetic ,the'yd have a job to survive in our championship,is this sport or or does TV dictate everything that happens,as Mcoist seems to suggest .the right to play inn our divisions has to be earnt,you can't just parachute in,i'm already uncomfortable that the welsh clubs are ruled by their own FA when they're playing in english leagues ,how can it be right that they can appeal reffereeing decisions in the english leagues to their own FA .the english FA better be seen to do the right thing on this and kill it quickly,and i would hope through a national fans forum that a petition is set up so we can vent our views:slap::slap:

Last edited:

Disorganised1

It will only happen when they pull the plug on Scotland being a seperate country for internationals

Otis

It will only happen when they pull the plug on Scotland being a seperate country for internationals

But Scotland isn't a seperate country. We conquered them some years back and they are owned by us, the English. They need to do as they are told otherwise we will send them scurrying away back into the heathers and gorse. We gave them democracy, they gave us The Proclaimers! ;);):whistle::whistle:

Astute

We give them billions each year. No, we don't want their teams playing here in return. They want their independence. Let them have that and we keep our money.

Just thought, two of my kids were born there. Could I send them back if they gained independence? It would gain my vote :D

Otis

I would send back Jimmy Krankie but only on the proviso that we get to keep Karen Gillan! :D

stupot07

And we pay for their free prescriptions and university places! However they did give us the best James Bond!

wingy

We give them billions each year. No, we don't want their teams playing here in return. They want their independence. Let them have that and we keep our money.

Just thought, two of my kids were born there. Could I send them back if they gained independence? It would gain my vote :D
Get them back up there Astute ,free education that Alex Salmond,clever bloke ,knows which buttons to press with us sassonachs ,Otis the proclaimers are legend ,they actually look like they're related to me ,Sunshine on Lieth,could we build a sky blue chant on any of their tunes?:D:D

egastap

But Scotland isn't a seperate country. We conquered them some years back and they are owned by us, the English. They need to do as they are told otherwise we will send them scurrying away back into the heathers and gorse. We gave them democracy, they gave us The Proclaimers! ;);):whistle::whistle:

Sorry Otis, but Scotland IS a seperate country, as is England, Wales and NI. We combine to become the NATION of Great Britain. Confusing I know!

Otis

Well I am shocked. I had no idea. ;);)

Just thought Scotland was a county like Warwickshire or Yorkshire or Essex, only much further up north. :whistle:

Covstu

It couldnt work, if it did they would have to start in the conference and work there way through, why would it be fair for them to come into the premier league particularly as most of their players sign for championship clubs and not premier league clubs anyway!!!

wingy

It couldnt work, if it did they would have to start in the conference and work there way through, why would it be fair for them to come into the premier league particularly as most of their players sign for championship clubs and not premier league clubs anyway!!!
Thats the whole point is'nt it Covstu the right to play in our divisions has to be earned ,which all the clubs within it have done for around 130 yrs,the thing with mcoist is ,HE's alluding to the power of TV ,which is where he think s the impitus for it will come from

Tonylinc

Thats the whole point is'nt it Covstu the right to play in our divisions has to be earned ,which all the clubs within it have done for around 130 yrs,the thing with mcoist is ,HE's alluding to the power of TV ,which is where he think s the impitus for it will come from
Exactly when did Arsenal get "promoted" to our top division?

egastap

Well I am shocked. I had no idea. ;);)

Just thought Scotland was a county like Warwickshire or Yorkshire or Essex, only much further up north. :whistle:

Well, we were over-run by the Romans (just before I was born). Does that mean we should be playing in the Italian leagues (Serie B or C)?

wingy

YOu know your history Tonylinc ,they were supplanted in the top division at the expense of spurs after finishing fifth in the second division .Why?No wonder the rivalry.:thinking about:

AngryAnt

(okay, i'll bite) Other way round, their king became the English king, they were never conquered, the English tried many times to invade and never really made inroads (unlike in Wales where the kettle was on by 4 ;)).
Also most Scots do NOT want independence and see it as a mad idea, they like the union and want to keep it (why wouldn't they, they get all their education, prescriptions, buses etc free).

If Scottish teams joined the English football league then they should start at the bottom like Wimbledon AFC had to do...
That said, the whole thing about not having a GBR team would be seriously called into question if it ever happened.
Why should Scotland have an FA if the majority of their teams played in England?

Tonylinc

YOu know your history Tonylinc ,they were supplanted in the top division at the expense of spurs after finishing fifth in the second division .Why?No wonder the rivalry.:thinking about:
Your absolutely correct wingy. Why? I think it was down to a very powerful man at the time called Herbert Chapman.

Marty

(okay, i'll bite) Other way round, their king became the English king, they were never conquered, the English tried many times to invade and never really made inroads (unlike in Wales where the kettle was on by 4 ;)).
Also most Scots do NOT want independence and see it as a mad idea, they like the union and want to keep it (why wouldn't they, they get all their education, prescriptions, buses etc free).

If Scottish teams joined the English football league then they should start at the bottom like Wimbledon AFC had to do...
That said, the whole thing about not having a GBR team would be seriously called into question if it ever happened.
Why should Scotland have an FA if the majority of their teams played in England?

Don't the Scottish actually supplement us? I have heard that they make more money for the british govenment they want they take out (North sea oil??). So they would probaly be better off (financially) being independent.

I don't want the scottish teams in our league. I can't see it happening either so it's not really a subject i want to go into when i don't need to. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread