Where are the... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

11,000-odd people that signed the petition to keep CCFC in Coventry? We only get 10 on average!

Good effort for people that did sign, but we really need more people to actually go to games.

T

tobymillward

I think a lot of people who signed the petition are fans who don't live close enough to attend home games all the time. Also there have been fans of other clubs signing it too.

mattylad

11,000-odd people that signed the petition to keep CCFC in Coventry? We only get 10 on average!

Good effort for people that did sign, but we really need more people to actually go to games.
so you assume that the same people attend every match????

skybluericoh

You are right we do need more to go to games. Embarrassed to say that I am one of them, that no longer attends.
I had a season ticket from 1984 until 2 seasons ago. I stopped going because of the way my club was being ran, the fact that as a fan I was no longer being engaged by the club or entertained by the performances. The wingeing that went on around me, the over the top stewarding made the match day experience a very poor one, so I could not justify spending money on another ST.
The last season I had one, I even left a few games early as I was not enjoying them. It had taken a long time to get to that point, it started with Richardson and Robinson, moving JSBs from the block 4 area without consulting the ST holders because a few had 'moaned' about it being close to the away fans. This saw our ST holders in the family drop from 12 to 7 then we moved to Block 14 or 15, then that got closed 'for safety', 'Kill the atmosphere' more like. Anyway after something like 28 years of having a season ticket I thought stuff it. I did start to get interested again last season and was thinking about buying a half year at xmas until the big troubles started. Now, I'm out until SISU are gone, and the day they are, provided we are playing in Coventry, not near too, I will buy a new ST for me and my son, unless he has left school and started work by then, then if he wants to suffer he can pay for himself.

@richh87

Gave up my ST when we were relegated, after 17 years of ST's. Not because I didn't want to see us in League 1, but because I vowed not to return under SISU.

Also, while I'm at it, I felt very let down by other supporters who didn't protest at the Southampton cup game and inside the Ricoh. They accepted the fate of our club.

simple_simon

Well now is the time to get all these stay away fans to show they care about the club, get off your Arses and get to one of the places where Fisher will be.

theferret

I don't understand what this thread is about. Why are people trying to correlate the number of people we get at games (last season) with the number of people who have signed an online petition?

250,000 people welcomed the team back to Coventry in 1987. How did that correlate with gates at the time? It didn't. The club have 23,000 twitter followers. What does that mean? It means they have 23,000 twitter followers, and nothing else. What a stupid discussion.

I don't understand what this thread is about. Why are people trying to correlate the number of people we get at games (last season) with the number of people who have signed an online petition?

250,000 people welcomed the team back to Coventry in 1987. How did that correlate with gates at the time? It didn't. The club have 23,000 twitter followers. What does that mean? It means they have 23,000 twitter followers, and nothing else. What a stupid discussion.

Another discussion that you bring NOTHING to...wow you are moody bugger!!:facepalm:

Hobo

The clue is in your word average. You don't think it is exactly the same 10.000 people each game do you. Lots of people work shifts including weekends and can't go every week. Some pick and choose games, some believe it or not just cannot afford to go every week and that's why when you get big games loads of fans turn up because you get a bigger representation of the whole fan base! Not rocket science, surprised you asked,

Last edited:

theferret

On the contrary SBR, I was trying to bring some sanity to a 'discussion' that was making those involved look like idiots. So if a thread cropped up asking why a 6ft man is taller than a 5ft man you would engage positively and constructively in that discussion? Perhaps you would.

On the contrary SBR, I was trying to bring some sanity to a 'discussion' that was making those involved look like idiots. So if a thread cropped up asking why a 6ft man is taller than a 5ft man you would engage positively and constructively in that discussion? Perhaps you would.

lol you have a high opinion of yourself...I would allow the discussion to continue and just ignore it, as simple as that.

jimmyhill

Gave up two season tickets at the beginning of last season. I too said I will go back when Sisu either leave or show any kind of commitment to the club. IMO neither have happened yet. So yes I voted, but no I cannot be included in the avaerage gate numbers for last season.

theferret

lol you have a high opinion of yourself...I would allow the discussion to continue and just ignore it, as simple as that.

So why didn't you ignore this one?

If you recognise that the original question is idiotic (and surely you must) why are you responding and criticising others for bringing 'nothing to the discussion'. So, why is a 6ft man taller than a 5ft man? I say it's because one is made of cheese and the other has a foot fetish. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread