When the mild hysteria over King has passed.... (1 Viewer)

TommyAtkins

Perhaps the real culprits will emerge to be Marlon King and Andy Thorn?

It seems highly likely that Brodie went public was because he genuinely believed King was going to sign a new contract - and believed such because Andy Thorn told him that King had confirmed this.

Thorn got it wrong or there was a misinterpretation of a telephone conversation between himself and King.

Perhaps the club should have kept quiet until the contract was signed but that is being wise after the event. If the club manager tells you something, you might well expect to believe him.

smileycov

Facebook User

It seems highly likely that Brodie went public was because he genuinely believed King was going to sign a new contract - and believed such because Andy Thorn told him that King had confirmed this.

Thorn got it wrong or there was a misinterpretation of a telephone conversation between himself and King.

Perhaps the club should have kept quiet until the contract was signed but that is being wise after the event. If the club manager tells you something, you might well expect to believe him.

You know this as FACT do you? Thorn has got it wrong has he?......who say's so, nobody that's who. Thorn wouldn't say he had a verbal if he didn't that is where the story ends, all this other crap that is built around hearsay and lazy journalism!! wait and see when King comes back from a well deserved and no doubt needed break, then the facts will be known and we can realy start a debate!!

skyblu3sk

Rubbish! He also spoke to Ken our chairman, so unless both of them got the wrong end of the stick how is it thorn's fault?

TommyAtkins

You will note from my use of words that I am posing an alternative scenario - no where do I claim it as "fact". Therefore, your apology is accepted in advance ;)

Nevertheless, the one thing we can all accept is that we are not in full possession of all the facts and therefore, all is interpretation.

What I have just proved is that Andy Thorn, being the man of the moment, is above criticism at the moment for some people, where as the unpopular SISU and representatives are easy targets.

I suspect the real culprit will emerge to be Marlon King. But then, we all knew that anyway

Godiva

I believe Brody only told on Twitter that there would be a story in the papres next morning. That story was Thorn telling about the verbal agreement.

How the CT got hold of the story is another matter ... as they don't reveal their source it doesn't have to come from Thorn, but could come from someone who overheard the call or a secretary or whatever.

To say 'The Club' should have kept quiet is jumping to conclusion. There is no evidence that 'The Club' or the board or Brody or Thorn ever leaked this.

As for the story about King going to Birmingham, well we all know how headlines are created to sell newspapers and as the sales of the rags are failing faster than the gates at the Ricoh the editors are steadily leaving the route of communicating the news and are instead communicating fiction.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Actually the only facts are that Dulieu and Thorn made statements that they had verbally agreed a new contract with Mk.

The rest is all smoke and mirrors mixed with poor journalism. With respect the way you have expressed things is that your opinion is fact, eg the last sentence of your second post

Or "Thorn got it wrong or there was a misinterpretation of a telephone conversation between himself and King." Is a clear statement and can only be interpreted as you see that as fact. In reality it is supposition and clearly none of us know what actually went on

To say that the club should have stayed quiet until after the event is an understatement. It is pretty poor business practice to release this information when nothing is binding, and it doesnt excuse any member of the board or management. MK is under contract with us until 31/07 this could have waited till his return and signature. But we all learn from our mistakes dont we

As for Marlon King well I would guess he said "I want to stay show me the final contract" but i dont know. He had already been made an offer, but you really cant blame him at 31 looking to find the best pay day for his family. Everyone seems to speak in terms of heroes and villains when in actual fact this is just business

As for AT or SISU you have proven nothing other than some people might see a "scenario" differently to you..... might have a different opinion on MK, AT, SISU etc... thats the purpose of a forum, the free expression of opinions..... doesnt mean they are wrong or misguided

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
Thanks OSB.....Tommyatkins, go whistle for an appology, clown :whistle:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe it was a bad connection over the phone and King said "Bad news for you, you won't be stuck with me for any longer"
And Thorn heard "Bad news for you, you will be stuck with me for longer"

TheRoyalScam

Don't blame TommyAtkins - he qualified his original post with two 'perhaps' - just a fellow forum user and CCFC fan's conjecture about the whole sorry scenario we find ourselves in.

Disorganised1

Don't blame TommyAtkins - he qualified his original post with two 'perhaps' - just a fellow forum user and CCFC fan's conjecture about the whole sorry scenario we find ourselves in.

From Tommy Atkins - by Rudyard Kipling.

"Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll"

Perhaps he knew what he was doing when he picked that name.

Users who are viewing this thread