When Elvis Meet Joy (1 Viewer)

Listening to Elvis's interview on CWR tonight and he stated that he "went down to London and had a meeting with Joy". The outcome according to our Elvis was that Joy was very interested in how the team was developing and she supported the view that that there would be no outward movement of players in the January window. Let's hope that she's true to her word.:thinking about:

jesus-wept

Every player has their price.

However I am sure he would be allowed to replace anyone leaving
Can't help thinking it was another Sepalla play on words, unless she goes the whole hog and withdraws immediately from the Sixfields farse. We all know everyone has a price but selling big and buying cheap is the only way to balance our books while we are at Northampton. Don't believe for one moment we could sell Callum Wilson for example for lets say a million quid and replace with someone from elsewhere for a million, won't happen or be allowed to happen especially if we are still playing at Northampton.

dongonzalos

Can't help thinking it was another Sepalla play on words, unless she goes the whole hog and withdraws immediately from the Sixfields farse. We all know everyone has a price but selling big and buying cheap is the only way to balance our books while we are at Northampton. Don't believe for one moment we could sell Callum Wilson for example for lets say a million quid and replace with someone from elsewhere for a million, won't happen or be allowed to happen especially if we are still playing at Northampton.

No it would IMO definitely be sell higher replace cheaper but to be fair that is the norm everywhere these days

J

Jack Griffin

The "asset development" policy (aka the academy) explained..
Distressed asset 3 is CCFC
Distressed Asset 1 is Charlton FC

http://www.cp-artha.co/asset-restructuring.html

https://www.duedil.com//director/911579698/tim-donald-fisher
Mr Tim Donald Fisher
Director of Cp-Artha Risk Advisory Ltd
Born 46 years ago: Oct 1967
Nationality: British
About
Mr Tim Donald Fisher was born in 1967 and the first directorship we have on file was in 2009 at Calimere Sports Advisory Limited. His most recent directorship was with Calimere Research & Analytics Limited where he held the position of "Company director". This company has been around since 28 Sep 2006 . In total, Tim has held 5 directorships, 1 of which are current, and 4 are previous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_Ben

The "asset development" policy (aka the academy) explained..
Distressed asset 3 is CCFC
Distressed Asset 1 is Charlton FC

http://www.cp-artha.co/asset-restructuring.html

https://www.duedil.com//director/911579698/tim-donald-fisher
Mr Tim Donald Fisher
Director of Cp-Artha Risk Advisory Ltd
Born 46 years ago: Oct 1967
Nationality: British
About
Mr Tim Donald Fisher was born in 1967 and the first directorship we have on file was in 2009 at Calimere Sports Advisory Limited. His most recent directorship was with Calimere Research & Analytics Limited where he held the position of "Company director". This company has been around since 28 Sep 2006 . In total, Tim has held 5 directorships, 1 of which are current, and 4 are previous.

Can't quite make up my mind if you've become predictably boring, or boringly predictable:sleep:

valiant15

Listening to Elvis's interview on CWR tonight and he stated that he "went down to London and had a meeting with Joy". The outcome according to our Elvis was that Joy was very interested in how the team was developing and she supported the view that that there would be no outward movement of players in the January window. Let's hope that she's true to her word.:thinking about:

We hear the same old bullshit year after year after year. She's not interested in how the team is coming along,she said a few weeks ago that she wasn't interested in football and knows nothing about it.

More pr and spin that the usual few will fall for i suspect.

dongonzalos

That's been our policy since Ranson. This area of SISU's reign, I have no issues with at all. It makes sense.

My only issue is we recently have very rarely implemented it properly.
Selling players below value and allowing contracts to run down.
Financial suicide. If they do it correctly you can hardly complain.

J

Jack Griffin

Can't quite make up my mind if you've become predictably boring, or boringly predictable:sleep:

I just presented Mr Fisher's strategy as published on his company's website, I think it is entirely suitable for the club in the 3rd division and clearly it is working.

It shows the players are viewed as assets to be traded & the strategy is to play them in the team to accelerate their development & value, so ultimately they can be sold to cover trading losses.
It would be foolish to sell them in this window if they've just signed a 2 1/2 year extension (that is what has been happening hasn't it, several players have recently signed).

Surely someone has to be sold to cover the losses, it would also be foolish to let any contract run down, too much of that has happened in the past.

ccfc92

We hear the same old bullshit year after year after year. She's not interested in how the team is coming along,she said a few weeks ago that she wasn't interested in football and knows nothing about it.

More pr and spin that the usual few will fall for i suspect.

i agree with the spin, but when did she say this about football? (not arguing, just didn't hear this mentioned)

ccfc92

My only issue is we recently have very rarely implemented it properly.
Selling players below value and allowing contracts to run down.
Financial suicide. If they do it correctly you can hardly complain.

agreed. I don't mind losing players if we get good money. but to let westwood, gunarson etc go on frees.... feck me :facepalm:

SonOfSnoz

All clubs sell, Man Ure sold Ronaldo!
It's replacing them that matters!
If the club moves upwards, can't be a bad thing!
If the fans wont fund the club, the American Finnish might have to sell some players to keep the club afloat!

torchomatic

If you go back to most seasons then you'll find gates of 10/11/12/13 quite regularly. Some even sub 10K. We had a lots of 16/17/18 though too.

Users who are viewing this thread