When does next season start? (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

Was wondering when the new season actually starts ? Will there be a pre season ? Who will we play pre season etc etc

jto123

September is rumoured, but to be honest I doubt anybody will have an idea until they get this season finished.

ccfcway

anyones guess. about the only thing for certain is we wont be playing a pre season friendly at our home ground.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

September

Crowds by October

You heard it here first!

No I said September first.

giphy.gif

Magwitch

I read in one of the Sunday’s end of September mentioned which seems a bloody long time but I suppose the later it starts the possibility of some spectators being allowed. On radio today, talksport, 10% of capacity at first then slowly progressing from there was mentioned.

ccfcway

I read in one of the Sunday’s end of September mentioned which seems a bloody long time but I suppose the later it starts the possibility of some spectators being allowed. On radio today, talksport, 10% of capacity at first then slowly progressing from there was mentioned.

not opening the bars for food and drink will help accelerate attendances as surely this is the most difficult part of of social distancing if they stuck to 20/30% of ground capacity

CanadianCCFC

Championship playoff final will be at the very end of July. Normally the playoff final is at the end of May and the season starts early August, meaning a break of just over 2 months but this year it won’t be that long. September is probably likely.

Leamington Pete

We’re going to have to get our pre season spot on as we’ll be disadvantaged from the start. Along with Rotherham, we’ll not have played competitively since March - that’ll be six months if the season starts in September. Championship clubs are about to get 9 league games under their belts taking them up to August, plus the play offs for 4 teams of course. A massive advantage for teams already in the Championship.

Garryb80

We’re going to have to get our pre season spot on as we’ll be disadvantaged from the start. Along with Rotherham, we’ll not have played competitively since March - that’ll be six months if the season starts in September. Championship clubs are about to get 9 league games under their belts taking them up to August, plus the play offs for 4 teams of course. A massive advantage for teams already in the Championship.
But on the flip side we can recruit and get set long before they can knowing what division we are in

NortonSkyBlue

That is one point of view. The championship sides will have a 56 game season for most and a 58 or 59 game season for the play off teams. Our season will be 46 games and fresh.
Time will tell.

BackRoomRummermill

We have the time now for any deals to be sorted , the players have not kicked a ball for nearly 3 and half months , any body that had long term injury should be good ,

Leamington Pete

That is one point of view. The championship sides will have a 56 game season for most and a 58 or 59 game season for the play off teams. Our season will be 46 games and fresh.
Time will tell.
That’s very true, and towards the end of the season it may well start to show amongst some teams. The important thing is to hit the ground running as the rest of the league will already be raring to go.

Skyblueweeman

EPL and Champs will likely start in early Sept with L1 & L2 starting late Aug - possibly 3rd weekend. Shorter pre-seasons as well, maybe 3 weeks.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wouldn’t estimate the value of having a long lay off.

Your point made me think of something I hadn’t considered: how long of a break will the teams get between the end of this season and the end of next?

The lack of a good break could seriously impact teams with injuries, fatigue and so on.

Nonleagueherewecome

I wouldn’t estimate the value of having a long lay off.

Your point made me think of something I hadn’t considered: how long of a break will the teams get between the end of this season and the end of next?

The lack of a good break could seriously impact teams with injuries, fatigue and so on.
Could go either way couldn't it? Be great for players having a break-and with a pretty young squad with a core playing most games, that should help us. Will help Jodi with giving him longer to recover and get up to speed with the group in pre-season rather than rushing anything. My slight concern is that some of the older players might take a while to grease the joints and dust the cobwebs off, but we don't have that many of them.

The other nice aspect is that our squad has had a long time off in the state of mind of winners. We felt truly impervious by the time the last ball was kicked, so the lads should still be full of confidence. We also had a very well drilled system where everybody knew their job, so assuming we're not planning a change in shape it should be relatively easy to slot back into that.

EDIT: great Avatar!

Users who are viewing this thread