What's the possibility of us being at The Butts next season? (2 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

I only heard it as a rumour, don't think I have ever seen a confirmation.

I doubt it very much. Spoons locate in high footfall areas with a lot of constant passing trade, they cater for the daytime shopper crowd as much as any. I can't see any reason why they'd set up on an awkwardly accessed plot next to a busy roundabout, but, you never know..

Otis

Yep, pubs are still closing.

The Black Horse was an away fans pub as well.
Yeah, pubs are closing, but those that are restaurants too are doing well, you know, your Sizzling Pubs, Harvester's, Hungry Horse's etc.

If you had a pub and restaurant combined I think it would do okay, especially if it had a function room too for weddings, engagements and parties etc. You have to think outside the box now these days with pubs and don't just make them pubs only.

Grendel

Believe wetherspoons bought it to convert to a pub, put it on the back burner when we moved to sixfields.
Even had the staff sorted my daughter's friend got the resturant manager job!

There's no way that's true

shmmeee

Believe wetherspoons bought it to convert to a pub, put it on the back burner when we moved to sixfields.
Even had the staff sorted my daughter's friend got the resturant manager job!

Not true. Site hasn’t been sold since 1995 as it’s not registered with Land Registry. There’s a long leasehold out on the social club owned by the social club. None of that land has been sold recently. (I work for a land information website so just checked it)

RocketSkates

don't think they'll want to take on tenants with a ad track record when it comes to paying rent. Aren't the FA monitoring this though? Hopefully they'll see this as the last straw for SISU and might actually do something if it starts to look any shittier

shmmeee

don't think they'll want to take on tenants with a ad track record when it comes to paying rent. Aren't the FA monitoring this though? Hopefully they'll see this as the last straw for SISU and might actually do something if it starts to look any shittier

As long as we are fulfilling fixtures, the FA couldn’t give a flying fuck what our owners do.

Irish Sky Blue

I have tried. I think 3 or 4 times. Best I have got out of her is 20 mins before she's come out with 'can we go home now please.'

Was my dream to have her sitting next to me and her become a true City fan, but she just doesn't care about sport much at all unfortunately.

I've certainly tried my very best with her to try and get her onboard. I've even let her take her games console with her. She just ends up just playing on the games console and completely ignoring the match.
I have four boys, all now grown up. The elders two are big sports fans and come with me to the football when ever they can. The younger two hated sport and hated football.They both now take part in sport ( runnning and badminton) but still have no interest in football and Coventry City despite me bringing them several times when young. As far as I can see I treated them all the same. No idea why two love it and two don't.

Hobo

I have four boys, all now grown up. The elders two are big sports fans and come with me to the football when ever they can. The younger two hated sport and hated football.They both now take part in sport ( runnning and badminton) but still have no interest in football and Coventry City despite me bringing them several times when young. As far as I can see I treated them all the same. No idea why two love it and two don't.

Does it matter? They are who they are.

Gint11

I've been to plenty of games where the atmosphere at the Ricoh was brilliant. Blackburn 1-0, Newcastle 2-3, Leeds 2-3, Chelsea 0-2, West Ham when the fans were cunts, 1-0 on our return to the ricoh.

Difference being the turnout was huge and we were higher up the pyramid and/or further in the cups. As Otis has said, we've been on a decline for years.

The club need to improve match day experiences though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread