What's the plan in midfield for saturday? (1 Viewer)

leachy19

Presuming Dagnall and Seaborne replace the two Clarkes, who does Chris Maguire replace. Doubt fans would like to see Moussa taken out of the team, but moving him back to where he belongs means we will lose either Fleck or Thomas, and i don't see a 4-5-1 being played. Just interested to know how everyone else thinks we will line up.

pusbccfc

Doubt all three will go straight in.

RFC

Unfortunately Moussa is only really performing 1 out of 4 or 5 and that's being generous but personally I would expect only one loan to start, possibly two but more likely to be on the bench to freshen things up on the hour-mark. PUSB

stupot07

There's no way fleck or Thomas will get dropped in order to play moussa centre mid.

My guess Dagnell and Seabourne will come in, and McGuire will start on the bench, but will come on to replace moussa, who has been really hit and miss over the lady 7-8 games. Bakers also been poor but as captain can't see him getting dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Moussa seems to get subbed more than any of the others so him if anyone for me.

I'd bring all three in, the last two performances justify it IMO.

wingy

If there are changes made at the back I'd reckon Webster is the one to give way ,as he's been carrying a knock for two or three weeks.
Midfield as before.

japandy

Presuming Dagnall and Seaborne replace the two Clarkes, who does Chris Maguire replace. Doubt fans would like to see Moussa taken out of the team, but moving him back to where he belongs means we will lose either Fleck or Thomas, and i don't see a 4-5-1 being played. Just interested to know how everyone else thinks we will line up.[/QUOTE As SP is a confidence kind of guy he will replace the injured Clarke with Dagnall but will have Maquire and Seaborne on the bench. That would make the most sense. Then, if either Webster or Clarke aren't performing take one of them off. Same with Baker or Moussa.

CCFC88

I imagine a lot will be down to fitness and fatigue, 3 matches in 7 days will definately have taken its toll on a first 11 which has not seen any rest apart from the odd suspension.

With the high pressing game which has served us so well so far SP will be looking to drop players who are struggling and need a rest.

Id like to see Moussa dropped, he is an explosive player and is the one that would bring a 2nd wind if needed off the bench after 60-70 mins.

Hobo

I'd be tempted with 3 2 3 2 Dagnall with Clarke, the CB coming in to support Webster with Clarke covering both and being the distributor. Giving the full backs a little more scope to push forward. Moussa making way in midfield.

We have to stop leaking goals and get back to basics.

shmmeee

I'd be tempted with 3 2 3 2 Dagnall with Clarke, the CB coming in to support Webster with Clarke covering both and being the distributor. Giving the full backs a little more scope to push forward. Moussa making way in midfield.

We have to stop leaking goals and get back to basics.

I'm not sure changing out entire system can be termed "back to basics".

@Japandy: If agree about Maguire but for me you want stability at the back and never plan to sub a CB.

LJC_CCFC

Despite his record goal scoring record Chris Maguire is a technically better player than Dagnall,Clarke and Wilson and should flourish if we continue to create the chances we have this season

skyblueref

In regards to Moussa being rested / subbed. Going back to last season Mark Robbins mentioned a few times that sometimes although Moussa is a great player in terms of skill and forward drive when it comes to the last 10mins of a game and we're hanging on for a win/draw we need someone who's going to sit and do the basics. Pressley has carried this forward well and think the same will happen tomorrow. It'll be a close game (hopefully we're 1 or 2 up though) and Moussa shall come off between the 70th and 80th minute for McGuire.

Users who are viewing this thread