Whats the plan ACL? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

We know what Sisu are planning to do. But what about ACL? Are they going to stand by and do nothing? Or give us a team to support at the Ricoh? I won't ever watch a Sisu owned CCFC again. So now I call upon ACL to act and either start a new team based at the Ricoh or buy another club and relocate it to the club. Nuneaton being a good bet.

covmark

We know what Sisu are planning to do. But what about ACL? Are they going to stand by and do nothing? Or give us a team to support at the Ricoh? I won't ever watch a Sisu owned CCFC again. So now I call upon ACL to act and either start a new team based at the Ricoh or buy another club and relocate it to the club. Nuneaton being a good bet.
Absolute tripe

Sutty

The idea that moving Coventry out of Coventry is an abhorrent idea, but that moving another club into Coventry is fine, seems a very strange one.

jesus-wept

Amalgamating Nuneaton Town (Borough) and a phoenix Coventry isn't as far fetched as you think. I would personally hate it but don't rule it out if sisu carry out their hair brain plans. Nuneaton are virtually bankrupt, their ground is for sale, their owner i believe has filed for bankrupcy but at the moment play in the league below the football league.

OyJimmy

Amalgamating Nuneaton Town (Borough) and a phoenix Coventry isn't as far fetched as you think. I would personally hate it but don't rule it out if sisu carry out their hair brain plans. Nuneaton are virtually bankrupt, their ground is for sale, their owner i believe has filed for bankrupcy but at the moment play in the league below the football league.

Yep also the Football league have no ethics so why should we?

James Smith

I thought the ACL plan was to wait until Tim either begs them to take us back because no one would groundshare with and we play at the Ricoh us or sells the club to PH4 and we play at the Ricoh. Pure guesswork though, Tim may actually have a groundshare lined up and surprise us all.

Gaz

After seeing ACL rip Cov off over rent at the Ricoh, the last thing I'd want to see is them do the same to Nuneaton.

Not that ACL would look to move another club to the ground.

Theging1987

Boro fans would categorically hate that idea as have we to moving out of the city. You are effectively removing their identity. Would never happen

Grendel

The hypocrisy is staggering.

dongonzalos

Only hypocritical if the majority of Nuneaton fans don't want to be owned by a multimillionaire and don't want to move 5 miles down the road to a 32 k stadium.

Grendel

Only hypocritical if the majority of Nuneaton fans don't want to be owned by a multimillionaire and don't want to move 5 miles down the road to a 32 k stadium.

Oh stop trolling its pointless.

So if a multi millionaire wanted to put Coventry in Nuneaton you'd be fine with that would you?

NorthernWisdom

It's astoundingly hypocritical, and I can't believe anybody, ANYBODY who complains about the threat to OUR club's identity, its history and its heritage wants to steal another club's!

If that were truly the mentality of most city fans the club might as well die now. It's the kind of self-centred madness that means we let clubs like MK Dons exist in the first place, boast about our massive away following there, and show up an I'm alright Jack behaviour that I hope to God most city fans don't believe in.

Because if it was, I want no part of it, and it'd show SISU up as being entirely right to move OUR club because what's in a name! Always some other fans to find after all!

Grendel

It's astoundingly hypocritical, and I can't believe anybody, ANYBODY who complains about the threat to OUR club's identity, its history and its heritage wants to steal another club's!

If that were truly the mentality of most city fans the club might as well die now. It's the kind of self-centred madness that means we let clubs like MK Dons exist in the first place, boast about our massive away following there, and show up an I'm alright Jack behaviour that I hope to God most city fans don't believe in.

Because if it was, I want no part of it, and it'd show SISU up as being entirely right to move OUR club because what's in a name! Always some other fans to find after all!

At least we know Dongle would have supporters Mk dons moving as it was a multi millionaire and they have been better off. I assume if a multi millionaire wanted Coventry at nene park he'd be gagging for it.

edgy

I thought the ACL plan was to wait until Tim either begs them to take us back because no one would groundshare with and we play at the Ricoh us or sells the club to PH4 and we play at the Ricoh. Pure guesswork though, Tim may actually have a groundshare lined up and surprise us all.

Ha! The only party begging will be ACL. That's what this whole sorry saga is designed to achieve. Anyone thinking ACL have anything left to do is bonkers. Dizzy Rascal Bonkers.

cloughie

some seem to be biting at the crap yet they gladly put out crap for a bite :jerkit:

dongonzalos

Oh stop trolling its pointless.

So if a multi millionaire wanted to put Coventry in Nuneaton you'd be fine with that would you?

At the moment Nuneaton with a Multimillionaire owner who wants to improve the club or Walsall (for example) with SISU is that my choice?

Last edited:

dongonzalos

And if more Nuneaton fans wanted to be owned by a multimillionaire and be in a 32 k stadium. 5 miles away rather than going under, than Nuneaton fans who didn't want it where would you stand.

Surely what the fans want is the important bit?

Grendel

And if more Nuneaton fans wanted to be owned by a multimillionaire and be in a 32 k stadium. 5 miles away rather than going under, than Nuneaton fans who didn't want it where would you stand.

Surely what the fans want is the important bit?

So would you want a new club to be formed and Coventry closed down?

cloughie

Where would we be without the wanker smiley eh.

Thought you were the clever devils advocate not supporting sisu yet you seem to rise to a joke scenario about moving another club into the ricoh but think its ok to build a new stadium

where would we be without the impartial observing fan :thinking about:

Grendel

Expand please?

You seem to assume Nuneaton fans would be happy for their club to be reformed at another stadium as the owner would be wealthier. So if a similar scenario happened in reverse you would support the franchise football concept?

dongonzalos

You seem to assume Nuneaton fans would be happy for their club to be reformed at another stadium as the owner would be wealthier. So if a similar scenario happened in reverse you would support the franchise football concept?

As in if a club are about to go under and the have the option to move 5 miles down the road to a stadium 4 times the size of theirs and they get a new owner who wants to take them up at least 4 divisions and if more of their fans want it than not? Then yes I would probably say crack on.
As long as it is what most their fans want.

I don't know what Nuneaton fans want neither do you. We are both assuming. I don't think you should rule out that they may fancy it though.

A lot of Nuneaton fans are also Coventry fans.

Also a lot choose to attend the Ricoh over Nuneaton if fixtures clash.

blend

I think some of their supporters might be more interested if it was set out as a 'temporary' arrangement.

Grendel

some seem to be biting at the crap yet they gladly put out crap for a bite :jerkit:

I assume this is what you call being dignified?

Users who are viewing this thread