Whats the money structure for going up? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Just wondering what does 1st,2nd and winner playoffs get for going up from league 1 or each league below the premier thanks?

Income from TV, sponsorship and Premier League payments jumps from around £900,000 to more than £4m and ticket sales rise.

Can't see the actual prize money for the league spots though.

wingy

Income from TV, sponsorship and Premier League payments jumps from around £900,000 to more than £4m and ticket sales rise.

Can't see the actual prize money for the league spots though.

Only £25k.

chinamans view

Most clubs that have gone up from league one, say its worth between £30m to £50m with extra advertising ,sponsorship etc etc.to them the next season. from championship to prem your talking £100m.

skybluesam66

i think when we came down it was around
4m in tv
2m in gate receipts
and around 2-3m in other commercial activities/ sponsorship

stupot07

Most clubs that have gone up from league one, say its worth between £30m to £50m with extra advertising ,sponsorship etc etc.to them the next season. from championship to prem your talking £100m.

Never in a million years is promotion to the championship worth that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Probably would be, it would only need to be worth £50 a year x 1 million gets you the £50m. Got to be worth more than £50.

robbiethemole

is it this season or next, bottom of the Prem and relegated gets £90m, so it's worth about £32m I read somewhere to get into the Champ, with more tv and sponsorship money

Specs WT-R75

I think 30-50 is the high end of the scale, but the article from 2013 shows:

2m TV deal
2.1m solidarity money (excluding those with PL parachute payments)
2.5m was the lowest matchday revenue (9.5m max with Leeds)
Commercial. Ranging from 2.5m Blackpool to Bolton with 12-13m

So as a bare minimum you the absolute bottom earning team is looking at turnover of 10m before you even start and this was at 2013 figures. I suspect Tony would need a budget in the region of 10m minimum to work with... the difficulty being that with transfer fees being amortised over several years, would Sisu back him to be able to spend money on fees and the longer contracts that would come with them... an interesting discussion for TM and Sisu for sure. Sisu may need to find a little extra funding as the article states the extra spending done wisely in the Championship will potentially deliver returns as Charlton were looking to move towards the average spend....

However similar to this years budget Tony would pretty much have a blank canvas to work with given the bulk of our players are loan/out of contract at the end of the season.

I feel we are getting carried away...

robbiethemole

thats parachute payments tho, not the amount of dosh being shared amongst the clubs, bottom get £90m plus parachute payments

stupot07

I think 30-50 is the high end of the scale, but the article from 2013 shows:

2m TV deal
2.1m solidarity money (excluding those with PL parachute payments)
2.5m was the lowest matchday revenue (9.5m max with Leeds)
Commercial. Ranging from 2.5m Blackpool to Bolton with 12-13m

So as a bare minimum you the absolute bottom earning team is looking at turnover of 10m before you even start and this was at 2013 figures. I suspect Tony would need a budget in the region of 10m minimum to work with... the difficulty being that with transfer fees being amortised over several years, would Sisu back him to be able to spend money on fees and the longer contracts that would come with them... an interesting discussion for TM and Sisu for sure. Sisu may need to find a little extra funding as the article states the extra spending done wisely in the Championship will potentially deliver returns as Charlton were looking to move towards the average spend....

However similar to this years budget Tony would pretty much have a blank canvas to work with given the bulk of our players are loan/out of contract at the end of the season.

I feel we are getting carried away...

You're ignoring the fact we already get income, I would imagine our turnover is around £5m. In the last season in the championship our turnover was £10.7m. The payment haven't increased that significantly, even with an increase in attendances say 18k average) our turnover is likely to only be around £11.5m. So the added value would be worth about £5.5-6.5m.

skybluesam66

You're ignoring the fact we already get income, I would imagine our turnover is around £5m. In the last season in the championship our turnover was £10.7m. The payment haven't increased that significantly, even with an increase in attendances say 18k average) our turnover is likely to only be around £11.5m. So the added value would be worth about £5.5-6.5m.

our football turnover is no more than around 3.5m based on the 11k budgeted crowd giving the 60% of turnover 2m football budget

stupot07

our football turnover is no more than around 3.5m based on the 11k budgeted crowd giving the 60% of turnover 2m football budget

Sorry Sam but I think you've underestimated it. Turnover was £3.75m in 13/14 the season were were at Sixfields and £6.5m the season before that when we were at the Ricoh (12/13).

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/54673-commentary-on-SBS-amp-L-group-2014-accounts

I think £5m is a decent estimate given good crowds, albeit lower ticket prices.

Last edited:

wingy

Sorry Sam but I think you've underestimated it. Turnover was £3.75m in 13/14 the season were were at Sixfields and £6.5m the season before that when we were at the Ricoh (12/13).

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/54673-commentary-on-SBS-amp-L-group-2014-accounts

I think £5m is a decent estimate given good crowds, albeit lower ticket prices.

That include transfer incoming and two healthy cup game receipts?

stupot07

That include transfer incoming and two healthy cup game receipts?

Which one?

Just to add some context, here are some other clubs turnovers in league one.

Sheffield United had a turnover of £11.1m in 13/14 and £8.8m in 12/13

Bournemouth with their limited capacity had a turnover of £5.1m in 12/13, in the same year Doncaster had a turnover of £5.25m,

PNE's was £5.8m in 13/14.

Last edited:

wingy

Which one?

It has to, ticket turnover was possibly less than £600-700k
Cup runs circa £750K-£1m
Equity Injection £600K
Scott Dann
Keogh
Turner supplements for playing In the Premise or such.

stupot07

It has to, ticket turnover was possibly less than £600-700k
Cup runs circa £750K-£1m
Equity Injection £600K
Scott Dann
Keogh
Turner supplements for playing In the Premise or such.

Ah you're on about the Sixfields season.

Specs WT-R75

Okay so that was 10.7m under the old deal... we now have, hopefully, catering and some advertising revenue... and looking at the numbers on that article (http://www.castrust.org/2014/04/review-championship-finances-2013/) it needs to be:

"At the other end of the spectrum, six clubs generated less than £13 million: Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall, Huddersfield, Bristol City and Charlton. Of this group all except Huddersfield were relegated last season or are in the relegation mix this season. It is very clear that higher revenues are needed to avoid relegation."

This clearly shows what they have been saying - we need access to 100% of revenue streams to be able to compete... unlikely to happen, but it won't have gotten any easier since we were last there.

stupot07

Okay so that was 10.7m under the old deal... we now have, hopefully, catering and some advertising revenue... and looking at the numbers on that article (http://www.castrust.org/2014/04/review-championship-finances-2013/) it needs to be:

"At the other end of the spectrum, six clubs generated less than £13 million: Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall, Huddersfield, Bristol City and Charlton. Of this group all except Huddersfield were relegated last season or are in the relegation mix this season. It is very clear that higher revenues are needed to avoid relegation."

This clearly shows what they have been saying - we need access to 100% of revenue streams to be able to compete... unlikely to happen, but it won't have gotten any easier since we were last there.

And this is what me and CCFC in particular have been banging on about for ages. Only 3 teams had lower turnovers than us the season we went down - Barnsley, Doncaster and Peterborough - we're all in league one.

We now get access to some f&b's but we know from the ACL Q&A on the trust website that profit is only 11%, and profit on 16k attendance f&b's was £112k. We're getting 50% in this current deal so it's peanuts. We're also limited in terms of advertising now we share the stadium.

Specs WT-R75

And this is what me and CCFC in particular have been banging on about for ages. Only 3 teams had lower turnovers than us the season we went down - Barnsley, Doncaster and Peterborough - we're all in league one.

We now get access to some f&b's but we know from the ACL Q&A on the trust website that profit is only 11%, and profit on 16k attendance f&b's was £112k. We're getting 50% in this current deal so it's peanuts. We're also limited in terms of advertising now we share the stadium.

I am surprised that Wasps haven't installed electronic advertising boards.

Users who are viewing this thread