Whats the answer to the away form? (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you mean we've stolen points at home? Thats not true at all.

Very very late winners, not that the results were undeserved. As in ‘snatched at the death’

Brighton Sky Blue

This is what pisses me off, stolen points at home, absolute bollocks, we've deserved every one.

Just criticising the away form should be enough because it's poor but you have to have a snide comment about the home form. Give it a fucking rest.

That’s a bit OTT, I just meant we’d won games very very late which I see as a bit of a bonus. Perhaps you should ‘give it a rest’

Brighton Sky Blue

Thats not what you meant with the "stolen" remark- but ok.

What do you think I meant? It’s a common enough expression ‘they stole the points at the death’. If you want to play semantics create a new account and we can debate it some more.

COV

What do you think I meant? It’s a common enough expression ‘they stole the points at the death’. If you want to play semantics create a new account and we can debate it some more.

You meant what you always do- over the top negativity. Trying to drag the home form into it and cast a shadow over that as well. Now you're backtracking because its something you are well known for. But each to their own.

clint van damme

Normally used when a team has been under the cosh and grabs a winner.
Not when they've been on top the whole half.

Reactions: COV

Brighton Sky Blue

You meant what you always do- over the top negativity. Trying to drag the home form into it and cast a shadow over that as well. Now you're backtracking because its something you are well known for. But each to their own.

Or I meant what I actually meant and have said about those 2 games often enough. It’s a tired stereotype and last night for example you had me praising a first half performance others were critical of. Wasn’t forecasting certain defeat for the game either. But yes I say ‘stolen’ rather than ‘snatched’ and it’s jumped on by the usual suspects.

While we’re at it admit you’re ROS before running away from that for the umpteenth time.

COV

Or I meant what I actually meant and have said about those 2 games often enough. It’s a tired stereotype and last night for example you had me praising a first half performance others were critical of. Wasn’t forecasting certain defeat for the game either. But yes I say ‘stolen’ rather than ‘snatched’ and it’s jumped on by the usual suspects.

While we’re at it admit you’re ROS before running away from that for the umpteenth time.

Its not a tired stereotype at all, you're one of the worst.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well stolen is a very strange terminology.
And you've got previous.

My ‘previous’ being when my mental health was as bad as it’s been in a decade yes. This season hardly and despite travelling up to watch last night’s collapse I wasn’t forecasting doom afterwards. Nor all the seasons before last.

It’s semantics over one word when I’ve never said we didn’t deserve the results. Diving in with two feet just makes people come across as dicks when they’re not

Warwickhunt

Thoughts?

Not sure personally but law of averages tells us we cant keep winning at home forever so we need to find a way to pick up points away
MR can see what is wrong a the game unfolds and he should make substitutions early to negate the problem and if players see he will change players earlier than 85 minutes it might help them with their game planning (i.e boot up the bum)

SBT

We aren't massively over achieving - as I said on another thread budgets are not really an argument. Budgets are in essence wages and a lot of clubs in this league have players on high wages but zero value. Stoke have actually bought some players but a large element of their huge losses is tied up in over valued players whose values are now written down. Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea will have high wages but poor players and little ability to operate in the transfer market.

People have said Dabo, Hamer, O Hare and Gyokeres are high values in the transfer market so the squad value is high

This is a circular argument. To say that ‘good players are high value, therefore our budget is high’ is to ignore both the good work we’ve done developing players, and that most of our key recruitment has been limited to free transfers.

We’ve been lucky that we’ve hit the mark with almost all of our signings when we’ve had some transfer fees to play with - other teams have the luxury of paying Hamer-esque fees for players who don’t even play (see our opponents last night and Tom Bayliss).

Grendel

This is a circular argument. To say that ‘good players are high value, therefore our budget is high’ is to ignore both the good work we’ve done developing players, and that most of our key recruitment has been limited to free transfers.

We’ve been lucky that we’ve hit the mark with almost all of our signings when we’ve had some transfer fees to play with - other teams have the luxury of paying Hamer-esque fees for players who don’t even play (see our opponents last night and Tom Bayliss).

it’s not a circular argument

Jamesimus

We aren't massively over achieving - as I said on another thread budgets are not really an argument. Budgets are in essence wages and a lot of clubs in this league have players on high wages but zero value. Stoke have actually bought some players but a large element of their huge losses is tied up in over valued players whose values are now written down. Birmingham, Cardiff, Swansea will have high wages but poor players and little ability to operate in the transfer market.

People have said Dabo, Hamer, O Hare and Gyokeres are high values in the transfer market so the squad value is high

We finished 8th in the Mowbray season and by your own argument was a brilliant season. We declined and we never recovered.

To finish 11 - 12 now would mean we are declining from the start and unless we have injuries to key players I do not see logically why we should.

To clarify, we're not over achieving its just that we paid less in fees and pay less in wages for our players, who are then subsequently worth more than other teams currently around our league position. We're exactly where we are, because we are and if we do worse, we have declined?

Credit where it's due to Mark Robins and the team to keep us in our current position, but if we drop any lower, we are certainly under achieving 😂😂😂

Reactions: SBT

Users who are viewing this thread