Whats left then (5 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

So. 2 league games. 2 cup games

Feel we've seen enough to know what we need from the last 2 weeks of the window.

2 for me.

CDM cover. Another attacking mid in the Allen/Ohare mould.

Purely for depth. Kellys repetitive niggles. If one of Allen or Ogare are out for a while we're lacking there also

Thoughts?

SeaSeeEffCee

Think you've nailed it. Would like to have someone we can bring on for Allen late in games who could play a similar role to the one O'Hare did last season. At the moment it feels like we have nothing to directly replace either Allen or O'Hare with if they have to go off.

Harry_Walker

Someone to play alongside O’Hare in the ‘10’ and more defensive midfielder dependant on Kelly’s injury then maybe another striker with Max and Bala departing

shmmeee

I’d like to see another DM now Eccles is out on loan, though Robins seems to rate Shipley there and Sheaf and Harmer will likely be first choice so it’s a tough sell.

Maybe a young keeper in, didn’t see Bilson tested much so hard to know how good he is.

I’d still like to see a better version of McFadzean in, even after tonight. Maybe a young LWB unless Giles is likely to be in our price range at the end of the season.

And maybe an AM, depending on how far Bapaga, Hilßner and Jobello are from being ready. Perhaps a loan until Jan.

Alkhen

So. 2 league games. 2 cup games

Feel we've seen enough to know what we need from the last 2 weeks of the window.

2 for me.

CDM cover. Another attacking mid in the Allen/Ohare mould.

Purely for depth. Kellys repetitive niggles. If one of Allen or Ogare are out for a while we're lacking there also

Thoughts?

After tonight I think you are right. Kelly out is a miss. Hoping Sheaf is the answer as Shipz isn't a DM. But maybe MR wouldn't have let Eccles go if he thinks we need cover?

Am is a good shout now Bapaga is out

Would ideally like a nippy you g striker on loan too but we have options there .

Si80

Walsh. Not featured for Bristol yet (I think because of injury though?). I’d pop £1M in front of them and see what they say. Even their fans can’t see where he gets game time with the midfield line up they have.

Sky Blue Pete

Giles defensively has really come on already. Robins loves a project doesn’t he. I’m not sure sam makes that goal tonight or has the energy to keep going back and forth as he did

Mucca Mad Boys

Think you've nailed it. Would like to have someone we can bring on for Allen late in games who could play a similar role to the one O'Hare did last season. At the moment it feels like we have nothing to directly replace either Allen or O'Hare with if they have to go off.

Agreed.

I do think Hilßner will play a role there when he’s up to speed. Jobello and Jones (before his injury) could have an impact there. Especially since we’re hitting teams on the counter, someone with Jobello’s pace could be v effective - so we should definitely consider a winger if there’s a player available.

skyblueelephant76

I cant believe the stick that Shippers and Allen are getting, they've never played at this level, and haven't played any competitive games for 6 months. ffs give them chance to adjust and get up to speed.
Allen has the second most Championship appearances in our team, 29 appearances for Burton.

Alkhen

I like Shipley but he isn't a defensive midfielder. He has a role but it's not there. I hope Sheaf is the answer. Looks huge could be useful defending set peices

cc84cov

Walsh. Not featured for Bristol yet (I think because of injury though?). I’d pop £1M in front of them and see what they say. Even their fans can’t see where he gets game time with the midfield line up they have.
We can’t afford his wages

aloisijohnnyaloisi

I’d like to see another DM now Eccles is out on loan, though Robins seems to rate Shipley there and Sheaf and Harmer will likely be first choice so it’s a tough sell.

Maybe a young keeper in, didn’t see Bilson tested much so hard to know how good he is.

I’d still like to see a better version of McFadzean in, even after tonight. Maybe a young LWB unless Giles is likely to be in our price range at the end of the season.

And maybe an AM, depending on how far Bapaga, Hilßner and Jobello are from being ready. Perhaps a loan until Jan.

Haha so let me get this straight, you want another DM, a GK, a CB, a LWB...oh and another AM.

Funny that you named almost every position on the park but left out RWB, which is the only position we have no natural back up for.

cc84cov

LWB cover for Giles & another attacking midfield loan,Shipley will be an option with Allen & O’Hare can jobello do a job there once fit also possibly. Kelly is back in 2 weeks we will be ok at CDM with sheaf and Hamer.

shmmeee

Haha so let me get this straight, you want another DM, a GK, a CB, a LWB...oh and another AM.

Funny that you named almost every position on the park but left out RWB, which is the only position we have no natural back up for.

We have Dacosta. I don’t think we need any of them, but that’s where I’d strengthen next given the chance. And I said we wouldn’t need another DM as Robins likes Shipley there.

aloisijohnnyaloisi

We have Dacosta. I don’t think we need any of them, but that’s where I’d strengthen next given the chance. And I said we wouldn’t need another DM as Robins likes Shipley there.
Oh yeah I forgot about Dacosta, fair play.

It turns out I agree with you then!

Si80

We can’t afford his wages
Which are how much? People claimed we wouldn’t be able to afford O’Hare and yet he’s ours.

Walsh is at an age where he needs to play weekly. I’m not certain he’ll get that at Bristol this season or in the future. He loved it here. He’d slot straight back in the team. We’ve got cash there from the Wilson move. If I were Robins I’d be putting the money in front of them And making Walsh think about his career and playing time.

mark82

I cant believe the stick that Shippers and Allen are getting, they've never played at this level, and haven't played any competitive games for 6 months. ffs give them chance to adjust and get up to speed.

Neither have actually played badly either.

shepardo01

OK.
Might get hammered here..... but i think we need a keeper.
Yes, Marosi in some teams of year last year, but so was Burge in our L2 promotion season.
I have said to a few before the season started, that Marosi might not be good enough for the Championship.
Last year, we faced (due to our immense back 5) the least shots in Lg1.
This year we have faced 8 shots on target and conceeded 4 goals.
He looked shaky on Saturday and wasn't really tested tonight but conceded 2. (Pen seemed to go through him!??)
OK, so he can play with his feet, but think he is just an average shot stopper who doesn't really command his box.
This league is a step up!
Would love to be proved wrong.
Thoughts??

Sky Blue Pete

OK.
Might get hammered here..... but i think we need a keeper.
Yes, Marosi in some teams of year last year, but so was Burge in our L2 promotion season.
I have said to a few before the season started, that Marosi might not be good enough for the Championship.
Last year, we faced (due to our immense back 5) the least shots in Lg1.
This year we have faced 8 shots on target and conceeded 4 goals.
He looked shaky on Saturday and wasn't really tested tonight but conceded 2. (Pen seemed to go through him!??)
OK, so he can play with his feet, but think he is just an average shot stopper who doesn't really command his box.
This league is a step up!
Would love to be proved wrong.
Thoughts??
No fault for any of those 4 goals. He’s a good solid keeper and helps us play. His long passing tonight was quality. Now the qpr keeper - they need a replacement

Users who are viewing this thread