whats everyone doing then ? (1 Viewer)

what are you doing for this season ? (pick as many as applys to you)

• im going to CONTINUE going to few home games this season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im going to CONTINUE going to alot of home games this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This thread is to see what people did last season and if their is any change in supporters decision to attend or not attend sixfields this season,I will, c'mon you sky blues !!! #PUSB !!!

mark82

Didn't attend last year. Undecided on this year. Maybe a game or 2. If we were at Ricoh would probably do 6 or 7.

Did you go last year?

Sbarcher

Nosey aren't you? Did you used to be a policeman. ?

I didn't attend, I won't attend and while I believe that it is the individual's right to choose whether or not to go into Sixfields, I despair of anybody that continues to do so. The result of the JR showed without a shadow of doubt that Sisu is primarily responsible for the current mess the club is in. Attending Sixfields is a tacit acceptance of Sisu's misconduct. If you don't get it now, you never will.

I understand that people want to support the team - you can do that at the real away games, not the 'home-away' matches, and/or you can stand on the Hill with me and the rest of the 'rebels'. It matters not so much to me whether the boycott is economically effective - and clearly it is - there is a principle that says you should not give support or comfort to those who have hijacked our club. I am sick of the excuses that people make for ignoring that principle. I have a few friends who have taken that decision for personal gratification above the rights of this situation, I won't fall out with them or anyone else who holds a different opinion to me, but I will continue to make clear my disappointment with the small minority of you who are willing to ignore all the disaster that Sisu have heaped upon Coventry City so that you can get your 90 minute fix 23 times a season.

And if you don't like my response 'CIMF', tough - you should have had more sense than to ask the question in this week, of all weeks!

I didn't attend, I won't attend and while I believe that it is the individual's right to choose whether or not to go into Sixfields, I despair of anybody that continues to do so. The result of the JR showed without a shadow of doubt that Sisu is primarily responsible for the current mess the club is in. Attending Sixfields is a tacit acceptance of Sisu's misconduct. If you don't get it now, you never will.

I understand that people want to support the team - you can do that at the real away games, not the 'home-away' matches, and/or you can stand on the Hill with me and the rest of the 'rebels'. It matters not so much to me whether the boycott is economically effective - and clearly it is - there is a principle that says you should not give support or comfort to those who have hijacked our club. I am sick of the excuses that people make for ignoring that principle. I have a few friends who have taken that decision for personal gratification above the rights of this situation, I won't fall out with them or anyone else who holds a different opinion to me, but I will continue to make clear my disappointment with the small minority of you who are willing to ignore all the disaster that Sisu have heaped upon Coventry City so that you can get your 90 minute fix 23 times a season.

And if you don't like my response 'CIMF', tough - you should have had more sense than to ask the question in this week, of all weeks!
I have no problem with the response you just gave ,if you have ever talked to me you would have realised I'm not a massive t**t who goes round calling names and telling people they are wrong.I perfectly understand your anger towards the owners and I would gladly see the back of them,but I don't want to think about politics all I want to do is watch the team at home games,which at the minute,sadly,is in Northampton.I can't say I agree with you because I don't,but I can say we shouldn't be where we are,both sides are to blame in this farce,I just want to watch my team play without thinking about all the bs surrounding our club,I want to support the boy's, !!! #PUSB !!!

coop

Didn't attend last year will never go to sixfields but if back at the ricoh will not miss a game.

Spionkop

No Sixfields for me. Hell will freeze over before I did that. It's very wrong. Morally, financially. Like Lamtara, I despair of anyone that goes. It is a dagger in the heart of CCFC. This is very, very serious now. There is no prospect of Sisu agreeing to return to Coventry. There is no prospect of a new stadium. What did Fisher say the other day, a few more months before a site is revealed. I don't think so. & anyway, if his fairytale site was real it wouldn't be in Coventry. Just remember what you are backing. Crooks.
I'll continue to go to a lot of away games. Certainly all the Midland-ish ones for starters. It's weird though, knowing there are no home games. Very weird.
I'm hoping more and more City fans avoid Sixfields. It will hurt Sisu. Anyone who says different is lying. A stadium without home fans would be a financial and PR disaster for them.
At the moment it is the fans best ploy.
And I certainly hope the fans step up the protests in whatever way. It is almost to the point where we become a Franchise club. The FL are useless and a disgrace. I don't think us fans have quite realised just how serious this is.

Neutral Fan

As Spionkop says, it's got to the point where you are almost Franchise FC B team.

I live near Sixfields and occasionally watch Cobblers. Never watched CCFC there last season and won't this season.

For similar reasons I've always avoided matches at MK Dons. They're just the personification of what's wrong with English football these days.

People can watch who they like of course. I just hope the 7,000 who went to Milton Keynes last season think about not watching Franchise A -v- Franchise B this year...putting 100k into the pocket of Mr Franchise himself - Winkie - seems a very odd way to protest what's happening at your club. Maybe folk could all protest on 23 August by turning up in your thousands with banners etc. at Nuneaton, Bedworth or Walsall or somewhere. Could be a more interesting and effective protest?

italiahorse

I have no problem with the response you just gave ,if you have ever talked to me you would have realised I'm not a massive t**t who goes round calling names and telling people they are wrong.I perfectly understand your anger towards the owners and I would gladly see the back of them,but I don't want to think about politics all I want to do is watch the team at home games,which at the minute,sadly,is in Northampton.I can't say I agree with you because I don't,but I can say we shouldn't be where we are,both sides are to blame in this farce,I just want to watch my team play without thinking about all the bs surrounding our club,I want to support the boy's, !!! #PUSB !!!

Do you agree with the judge in respect that Sisu have taken us to Northampton in an attempt to stress ACL ?

.....both sides are to blame in this farce....

Last thing I'm going to say on this subject. Have you actually understood what has happened this week? The detailed verdict in the JR announced on Monday made it abundantly clear that 1 side - ie. Sisu in all their various guises - bears by far the largest part of the blame for the chain of events that resulted in us playing at Sixfields. Further that it was the result of a deliberate strategy to get their hands on the Ricoh that has (thus far) failed.
You are presumably an intelligent and responsible person CIMF. Please try applying some of that intelligence and responsibility to the crisis in OUR club. Stop giving your approval through your actions to the people who are willing to destroy it in pursuit of a big fat profit, one which they have done nothing to deserve, at the expense of tax payers and supporters.

Kingokings204

Some people will always go. We can't change that and Coventry is my faith is a genuine Cov fan who wants to watch his team. 1000 or so will always go. We can't stop that.

I agree it's morally and financially wrong especially it's been proved it's all Sisu's fault and only reason we are in sixfields is due to personal and selfish gain. That is a fact not opinion sadly.

I will never go as long as I have a hole in my ozone but I accept fans will go and always go to the time of around 1000 Coventry fans per match. Of course we don't know how many are free and how many are local but the club have sold around 100 adult season tickets so the majority have spoken and we just have to accept some fans will go and that's their right.

hill83

Couldn't give a shit about morals where football is concerned. Save that for real life. I won't be going to any games 'home' or away until we return home. I also won't be listening on the radio or taking any real notice as it pisses me off too much.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Haven't voted simply because there are far too many options. It isn't a poll, more a questionaire. A simple poll with 3 or 4 choices would be ample.

Spagbol

Will not be going to sixfields, and to be honest won't be going to as many away games. I feel very detached from the team, and life outside of football is busy. 4 of us were season ticket holders and we still support the sky blues, but it's not as important now. Will be there at nuneaton and localish league games, rest will be listening to the radio. If they came back to the Ricoh? This year I think we would all be looking at getting a season ticket. Next season would be another thing.

shmmeee

I hate the SBT polls when there's 2 options, there's no way to correlate them into anything useful.

I went to a few away games last season. Not going to any this at the moment, though I'd get a season ticket if we were back at the Ricoh.

jimmyhillsfanclub

shittest poll ever.

Never going to sixfields.

I went to 4 away games last season.....didn't see us win.

This season I may go to a couple local away games if its pay on the gate & the weather looks good & I've got fuck all better to do.....but chances are it'll be raining & I'll have far better things to do....

shmmeee

As Spionkop says, it's got to the point where you are almost Franchise FC B team.

I live near Sixfields and occasionally watch Cobblers. Never watched CCFC there last season and won't this season.

For similar reasons I've always avoided matches at MK Dons. They're just the personification of what's wrong with English football these days.

People can watch who they like of course. I just hope the 7,000 who went to Milton Keynes last season think about not watching Franchise A -v- Franchise B this year...putting 100k into the pocket of Mr Franchise himself - Winkie - seems a very odd way to protest what's happening at your club. Maybe folk could all protest on 23 August by turning up in your thousands with banners etc. at Nuneaton, Bedworth or Walsall or somewhere. Could be a more interesting and effective protest?

When AFC Wimbledon have an active boycott campaign, and/or we are in fact a franchise team rather than one doing a ground share, you might have a point. Until then, not so much. Arsenal are actually the first franchise team. Were taken away from Woolwich against fans wishes for monetary reasons, I assume you also support a boycott of their games?

Personally, I think Leicester did far more because of breaking the admin system. Or what about Jimmy Hill for removing the max wage? Maybe we should rip his statue down, Saddam style? Let's boycott Portsmouth too, they brought in the foreign owner style with Mandaric, or maybe Blackburn for the "spend your way to success" style? Perhaps Arsenal and Chelsea for fielding the first squad and first 11 with no English players? What about Man Utd for their poaching of talented youth?

Let's be honest, if you want real morals and have a real issue with all these things, then your ire and action should be focussed on the FA/FL for allowing them. Not other fans for just wanting to watch their team.

letsallsingtogether

Went on the Hill nearly every game missed about 4 away games.

This season one last stand on the hill and a few choice away games.

If we are not home soon it will be zero on both accounts....

Never thought I would say that day, a very very sad time to be a SkyBlue fan:mad:

lewys33

I can't decide whether next season I will carry on attending a few away games, or none at all. Really can't .......... I don't want to give up, but that decision is out of my hands.

bezzer

Didn't attend one game last season and as it stands, I won't be attending one this season either.

My 11yr old son has now lost interest and wants to go and watch Rugby instead.

Another young fan lost, what a shame.

Every other Saturday afternoon was a treat to take my son with me to the Ricoh (ok treat may be over egging it). A bit of bonding watching the game. I've lost that now and it's terribly sad.

So until we return home, we'll be down the Butts cheering on the egg chasers.

lewys33

I have decided I am going to make my first and last appearance on the hill for the first "home" game though!

lewys33

Didn't attend one game last season and as it stands, I won't be attending one this season either.

My 11yr old son has now lost interest and wants to go and watch Rugby instead.

Another young fan lost, what a shame.

Every other Saturday afternoon was a treat to take my son with me to the Ricoh (ok treat may be over egging it). A bit of bonding watching the game. I've lost that now and it's terribly sad.

So until we return home, we'll be down the Butts cheering on the egg chasers.

same for me. Looked at a season ticket but its not much cheaper than paying for each game seperate so am just going to do that, then no need to worry if I miss any!

covcity4life

i have changed my stance in that i now hate sisu more and council the same.

no change in status regarding sixfields, not our home, not right we are there, will not go

sky blue john

Nopm !!
Six away matches attended last season all by purchasing tickets directly off opposing team. Did not attend Arsenal or MK.
Would potentially visit sixfields as part of a mass demonstration but expect to do same as last season.

joemercersaces

Supporter since 1969. Season ticket holder for years. Have both met and spoken on the phone with Tim Fisher. Will never set foot in Sixfields unless as an away supporter of Cov. My reasons?

SISU state they had no choice but to move the club away from Coventry - utter lie

SISU state they have the club's long-term interests at hear - utter lie

Fisher now stats that it is all about match day revenue and not rent - bollocks - what revenue will they get at Sixfields after they have paid rent there? They were all set to do a deal at the Ricoh involving lower rent than hitherto and a share of revenue until Ma'am said no.

If a 100 page detailed, rational and reasoned argument from a High Court Judge clearly stating that SISU had one plan and one plan only, to get the Ricoh on the cheap, and that plan involved the deliberate distressing of ACL through an illegal and unjustified rent strike, isn't enough to persuade anyone that this bunch of arses is taking the club hostage, then I despair of your common sense and hope you don't get any emails from Nigeria.

This will now only play out in one of three ways, SISU will asset strip and maybe offload toxic debt to the club before liquidation, leaving us with only a Phoenix team, they will sell or they will carry on past the point at which the club has effectively been destroyed, again leaving only a Phoenix club as the answer. Whatever happens they are effectively a busted flush despite the bombast and posturing.

The Butts for me and my lad again next year. Went to MK last year and Notts county. The County match pretty much put me off. Any eleven of us selected at random from the stand would have put up a better fight that day.

Users who are viewing this thread