Whatever happened to Les Reid (1 Viewer)

Rationalizer

Les Reid seemed to suddenly disappear from the Telegraph and I don't think it was ever explained (or did I miss it?)

So my question is what happened to cause him to leave and what is he doing now?

I am sure some people on here know and, understandably, Simon Gilbert will probably have to avoid commenting.

martcov

You could also ask whatever happened to Mark Labovitch? Since he went in for a knee operation, the propaganda has stopped and a deal has been done. Remarkable things seem to happen.

One thing he never was was an investigative journalist in the Jeremy Paxman mould. Just an average columnist imo.

ccfcmustang

He knew a lot more about our saga than most and was sent on gardening leave by the telegraph. This came from labovitch at a private meeting. I posted this a while ago

Rationalizer

He knew a lot more about our saga than most and was sent on gardening leave by the telegraph. This came from labovitch at a private meeting. I posted this a while ago

But why was he sent on gardening leave?
Was the departure related to SISU/CCFC or some other reason?

I believe he also turned up in court during the JR.

What is he doing now?

ccfcmustang

But why was he sent on gardening leave?
Was the departure related to SISU/CCFC or some other reason?

I believe he also turned up in court during the JR.

What is he doing now?

I think he wanted to tell the truth about the whole situation and the telegraph weren't happy about it so sent him on gardening leave. I'm not sure about anything else that's all I know

lewys33

I think he wanted to tell the truth about the whole situation and the telegraph weren't happy about it so sent him on gardening leave. I'm not sure about anything else that's all I know

ML also told me this. Whether you believe him or not is another story. I heard a different story from someone close to the telegraph but this isn't the place for spreading rumours.

skybluesam66

ML also told me this. Whether you believe him or not is another story. I heard a different story from someone close to the telegraph but this isn't the place for spreading rumours.
this is absolutely the place for spreading rumours - thats why most of us are here

lapsed_skyblue

Les's family, concerned about how his reporting stance had shifted, arranged an intervention.
He is currently at a secret location in the hands of skilled deprogrammers.
Initial reports are encouraging but it could be a while.

Astute

Don't you mean he swallowed more SISU bullshit than anyone else...maybe other than our ex Euro MP?

Or is he still busy looking for the smoking gun?

AJB1983

Mark Labovitch the spin doctor? Mmm

I heard he was found to be getting too close to Mssrs Fisher and Labovitch which may have affected his angle of reporting

covcity4life

he exposed the council and that made them willing to negotiate bringing city back is one way to look at it.

we owe him a thank you thread perhaps.

RFC

Think you've hit the nail on the head and got it spot-on!

Astute

he exposed the council and that made them willing to negotiate bringing city back is one way to look at it.

What evidence do you need to prove to you that everything that CCC did was right and what SISU did was wrong? You don't get brownie points for trying to defend the undefendable. If anything helped to bring our club home it will have been the judgements against SISU and the returning supporters that kept their hands in their pockets for whatever reasons.

Noggin

That'll be it, the guy who we havn't heard from for 8 months is the reason negotiations reopened.

You'd think the telegraph would be unhappy that Mark independent Labovich was telling people in private meetings that they shelved Les Reid because he wanted to tell the truth, something that surely would be illegal.

Grendel

He lost his impartiality a bit but wasn't a bad journalist as such.

I would imagine he didn't lose enough impartiality! He thought C stood for Coventry and not Council.

He has quite a reasonable resume so I don't know why he worked for them anyway.

Moff

Where is he now?

Probably pissing himself that Coventry fans, now that they have stopped bickering about Sixfields, can now bicker about irrelevant shite like what he is doing, and contributing four pages to it. :pointlaugh:

Terry Gibson's perm

He is with Onye and Labo in the Siberian Salt mines sent there by the lovely Joy or buried under Orange Ken's patio in Portugal again with Onye and Labo.

Users who are viewing this thread