What would you prefer? (1 Viewer)

Changeyourface

A good cup run or more time to concentrate on the league? To be fair I know we all love our cup runs but this year I'd much prefered we had more time to concentrate on the league as I can easily see us going down.

Otis

Cup run. Only chance of excitement and if we had a bit of a good run it could bring in quite a bit of money into the club.

CovScott88

The league, 100%. That is our bread and butter and should be our priority. If we get a decent cup run then that's brilliant, but not at the expense of our league performances. It's pointless having a good cup run if we get relegated, whether it brings in revenue or not. Especially given our wafer-thin squad. Extra games means the players will be more susceptible to niggling injuries.

covcity4life

league matters much much more but tommrow at bury gives us a chance to work on attacking movement and hopefully score some goals,its a welcome fixture imo

and then next round maybe we get prem team,or maybe we get another lower league team and have a cup run,anythings possible

guicey15

Would love to do well in the league but i'm not too bothered this year. Not getting promotion/play offs and I dont think were getting relegated (touchwood). So would really love a cup run, there was a great sense of spirit at the Ricoh when we played Chelsea in the quarter finals, and as others have mentioned above, would generate a bit of cash. So cup run for me as long as we survive. QUE SERA SERA, WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE, WERE GOING TO WEMBLEY, QUE SERA SERA!!

skybluegod

i think we should play 7 or 8 of the first team then fill the rest with youth team players..:facepalm:

luckylad

A good cup run or more time to concentrate on the league? To be fair I know we all love our cup runs but this year I'd much prefered we had more time to concentrate on the league as I can easily see us going down.

is it too much to concetrate on both? They dont play the games on the same day, so Im sure its possible. Mon-Fri, training from 1000-1400.. then golf or something really stressful like going to the car dealership, saturday - go to WORK 1200-1700(ish), then go on the lash in Leamington and talk to tidy ladies. Sunday - concetrate on Monday-Friday

skybluegod

as long as we play better than we did against morecombe last year..i will be happy,,as others have said we are completely skint, a cup run in either cup is essential as it will bring in much needed income

Can definitely do both. I would love my day job to be some compulsory fitness training and kicking a ball around with my mates. Then play in a recognised league at weekends and maybe a couple of mid week games. I can guarantee even at 31 I could play 4 sets of 90 minutes in a week all year round. Oh, and I'd do it for my current salary.
Hardest thing would be getting grief from the woman in my life on how I earn money by messing around when she has to actually do real work.
Bunch of soft lasses. Tired, they don't know the meaning of the word. They're getting mixed up with lazyness :facepalm:

skybluesben

We need to be focused on the league. If we had a great cup run then that would be great as long as we don't slip in our league games.

Waldorf

Can definitely do both. I would love my day job to be some compulsory fitness training and kicking a ball around with my mates. Then play in a recognised league at weekends and maybe a couple of mid week games. I can guarantee even at 31 I could play 4 sets of 90 minutes in a week all year round. Oh, and I'd do it for my current salary.
Hardest thing would be getting grief from the woman in my life on how I earn money by messing around when she has to actually do real work.
Bunch of soft lasses. Tired, they don't know the meaning of the word. They're getting mixed up with lazyness :facepalm:
That's the yoof of today!!

Dinyull

The problem isn't them lasting 4 x 90 mins a week, it's performing to their best abilities 4 x 90mins a week - something no athlete/footballer can do and we'll suffer more because of the size/quality of the squad!

The problem isn't them lasting 4 x 90 mins a week, it's performing to their best abilities 4 x 90mins a week - something no athlete/footballer can do and we'll suffer more because of the size/quality of the squad!

Appreciate that, but when you've got Sheff who can't even concentrate and play to his best for 10 minutes in the first game of the season then you have to ask yourself how much energy these lads have in them. By his showing I would imagine our season will have fizzled out by arond 8.15pm tomorrow night.

Seeing his face at the end of the game, I feel guilty that someone might ask his highness to have to exert himself again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread