What would you change? (1 Viewer)

Southerner79

If relegation to League One really is a chance to bottom out and build again from scratch, aside from fixing the stadium ownership problem, financing and SISU, what would you expect to be done better?

Here's a starter.. Through the move from HR, relegation, SISU, Dulieu et al, the club has lost it's general sense of purpose, direction and it's connection with the city. I wonder within that whether the players have been excused their responsibilities as ambassadors of the city, the club and as role models.

This is harsh on Gary personally, as his tweets can be amusing - but as an example - while it's inevitable we'll recruit a lower standard of player in League One, I wonder whether we should expect more from the players than this..

Gary Deegan ‏ @GaryDeegan87 I'm in the toilet havna wizz and there's sum dirty prick in toilet letting it rip, he just destroyed the toilet #horribleman #gonnavomit

Collapse

11:37 AM - 5 May 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

Trevor Peake was a total icon when I was growing up, respected for not letting his professionalism off the pitch drop anywhere below his high standards on it. Great values that I think we should expect as a minimum.

Macca

If relegation to League One really is a chance to bottom out and build again from scratch, aside from fixing the stadium ownership problem, financing and SISU, what would you expect to be done better?

Here's a starter.. Through the move from HR, relegation, SISU, Dulieu et al, the club has lost it's general sense of purpose, direction and it's connection with the city. I wonder within that whether the players have been excused their responsibilities as ambassadors of the city, the club and as role models.

This is harsh on Gary personally, as his tweets can be amusing - but as an example - while it's inevitable we'll recruit a lower standard of player in League One, I wonder whether we should expect more from the players than this..

Gary Deegan ‏ @GaryDeegan87 I'm in the toilet havna wizz and there's sum dirty prick in toilet letting it rip, he just destroyed the toilet #horribleman #gonnavomit

Collapse

11:37 AM - 5 May 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

Trevor Peake was a total icon when I was growing up, respected for not letting his professionalism off the pitch drop anywhere below his high standards on it. Great values that I think we should expect as a minimum.

Unfortunately modern technology catches people between the moment people think something is a good idea and when their brains kick in

ggrady

Who gives a shit. It's football - a working class game. What do you expect when we have a pikey at the club?
As for rebuilding it can't happen until sisu leave. Until then the decline continues. We could be in league 2 in 4/5 years. Protests need to be big. People need to stop being fannys and get a season ticket. Yes it's money for sisu but support the players. Do a pitch invasion or something just get them out

Users who are viewing this thread