What would the tree huggers do? (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
I am curious. Not a legal eagle, and certainly wouldn't ever countenance anything that would break the law (quite frankly sisu just aren't worth it!)

HOWEVER

I remember on my journeys back from pompey each weekened I had to drive past the tree huggers and their protests. I just remember that they closed an arterial road off, causing 25 miles tail backs, just by causing the police to monitor tham as they had sit down protests!

Never gone to sixfields and personally never will, but I wonder how many people it would take to block the route into their ground on match day?

If it is like the ricoh, all it would have taken (before the slip road) would be 10-20 simply sitting down on the entry slipway to the ground! (Standing by the ricoh gatehouse will stop the cars coming in!)

If it is illegal (as I said no expert on the law but I believe peaceful protests are allowed), then avoid this action like the plague. However if you are seriously considering protests, why waste money paying for a ticket?

Simply stand at the entrance to the ground, and inevitable bad publicity would send as clear a message. Would away fans really try and ram through this to get their tickets (perhaps a banner saying this could happen to their club might focus their minds.

If they cannot get in, then they cannot buy tickets can they!

Heck the banners could finally have a use!

Certainly the cheapest option is the simply never go to sixfields.

But remember if the protest breaks the law, then it could well backfire, so absolutely do not invade the pitch IMHO!

Just a thought!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am curious. Not a legal eagle, and certainly wouldn't ever countenance anything that would break the law (quite frankly sisu just aren't worth it!)

HOWEVER

I remember on my journeys back from pompey each weekened I had to drive past the tree huggers and their protests. I just remember that they closed an arterial road off, causing 25 miles tail backs, just by causing the police to monitor tham as they had sit down protests!

Never gone to sixfields and personally never will, but I wonder how many people it would take to block the route into their ground on match day?

If it is like the ricoh, all it would have taken (before the slip road) would be 10-20 simply sitting down on the entry slipway to the ground! (Standing by the ricoh gatehouse will stop the cars coming in!)

If it is illegal (as I said no expert on the law but I believe peaceful protests are allowed), then avoid this action like the plague. However if you are seriously considering protests, why waste money paying for a ticket?

Simply stand at the entrance to the ground, and inevitable bad publicity would send as clear a message. Would away fans really try and ram through this to get their tickets (perhaps a banner saying this could happen to their club might focus their minds.

But remember if the protest breaks the law, then it could well backfire, so absolutely do not invade the pitch IMHO!

Just a thought!
Ive even given you a like:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

SkyblueBazza

HOWEVER

Just a thought!

Abu Hamza got away with blocking the public highway for ages...every day! So, ask some of our Muslim colleagues if they'd mind doing us a favour - that might work.

Users who are viewing this thread