what will you do next season ??? (1 Viewer)

pick 2 please, what will you do next season ????

• had a season ticket last season

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • went to alot of games last season

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • went to few games last season

• never entered the ground

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • was on the hill atleast once last season

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • only went to away games last season

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • im going to renew my season ticket this season

• im going to get a season ticket this season

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • im going to remain buying tickets to many games

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • im going to start going to more games this season

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • im going to remain going to a few games this season

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • im going to continue not going into the ground this season

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • im not going to enter the stadium this season

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • im going to continue to go to away games only this season

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • im going to just go to away games this season

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters

torchomatic

Because that is the mentality of some people on here from hitting them to hoping they have car crashes. There really are some wankers on here.

Well firstly I respect your view and secondly why is that ok for you to say you would chin fellow fans we shouldn't be against eachother yes we might not agree but we are all fans and you can't be much of a fan if you would say u would willingly hit one,that's just wrong in my mind just because you disagree with them that's a no,no !!!

Grendel

Well everybody else found it comprehensible I don't know why you can't unless you are a bit dumb ???

He's upset you haven't mentioned supporting Nuneaton. He loathes CCFC.

Nathccfc

Won't be going to any home games, away games for me if I can get the time off work, I might even go and watch the boro, only up the road and weren't doing too badly this season!

Astute

We are going away earlier than normal this year. I would normally consider flying home for the first game of the season if away for it. But this season just gone was different. Wife couldn't understand why I didn't come back for a game. Am playing safe with time away and back at the start of August.

If somehow we are back at the Ricoh I will be there. If the first game is away I will be there. Will never go to Northampton. Will see what happens at the JR before deciding anything else.

Hobo

See at least you are civilised with your stance instead of threatening to chin someone good on you and #PUSB

We will disagree on players, managers, tactics, transfers.....a whole raft of things. We will be depressed together and jubilant together. Isn't that football? I even enjoy a pint with fans from other teams...shock horror.

I do draw the line at Grendals record collection ;-) I'd still have a pint and some banter with him though.

Chez78

Been to 7 away days this year and had a great time, never set foot in sixfields and never will. And to RFC most cov fans that are staying away couldn't give two monkeys who wins the JR it still won't excuse taking the club away.

As far as next season I'm not sure if I'll even do the away days, I've started playing a lot more golf and im really enjoying that so until the club starts getting run right I'm not sure I'll return. FairPlay to you though as much as I disagree with fans going to sixfields actually going for a whole season must be hard work.

Believe me going to Northampton to a home game is tough but seeing cov is worth it I can't stay away and want to support the players and staff #pusb

Last edited:

Nathccfc

Until ccfc have gone which is hopefully never or permanently moves I will support them !!! #PUSB

I'm not saying I will ever give up supporting them, I always follow the results and check the news about them about a million times a day, but if I am really stuck for watching the football then boro is only a stones throw away as I live in that neck of the woods. But until we are back home I won't be going to a so called 'home' game! Hopefully the main contract that will be signed this summer is us getting back to the ricoh,

ohitsaidwalker king power

We shall continue our considered principled protest by not attending six fields, a totally unnecessary move by our owners in my opinion. We have twice attended 'the hill 'my young son and I against Swindon and Wolves and will do so next year if the Sky Blues have not returned home, along with attending as many away games as we can with the sky blue army.
Of course like us all, ( whichever side of the divide you sit ) I hope and pray that common sense prevails and we can once again purchase a season ticket and support our team at the Ricoh.

To the poster Rupert_bear while there are fewer children going to see coventry games at home you have openly admitted you would chin anyone who goes inside so you would chin a child then ???

I'm not saying I will ever give up supporting them, I always follow the results and check the news about them about a million times a day, but if I am really stuck for watching the football then boro is only a stones throw away as I live in that neck of the woods. But until we are back home I won't be going to a so called 'home' game! Hopefully the main contract that will be signed this summer is us getting back to the ricoh,
Hopefully for all fans !!!!!

skybluetony176

I know you still don't get it.

The Ricoh has never ever felt like home (despite the fact I've tried to embrace it with a season ticket from day one), unfortunately the football club (CCFC) has never ever been made welcome there!

Please check ALL the facts, if the club go back there it will have to be on very different 'terms & conditions', I will then have to consider my situation and position.

And before you presume, no I don't like having to go and support my team in Northampton (or anywhere else outside Coventry) but we are where we are because of who or whom?

The answer will be revealed shortly.

So not wherever they play then if you've still got a decision to make about the Ricoh. The Ricoh is only a maybe. You're either the one genuine wum consistently on here or you're a very strange person.

rupert_bear

Well firstly I respect your view and secondly why is that ok for you to say you would chin fellow fans we shouldn't be against eachother yes we might not agree but we are all fans and you can't be much of a fan if you would say u would willingly hit one,that's just wrong in my mind just because you disagree with them that's a no,no !!!
I come from a different era where you stuck together with the majority view. Around 1500 go to Sixfields out of about 12000 who went to the Ricoh to me that is a majority of about 80% saying lets not go and I am certain if we ALL had stuck together last August we would have been back to the Ricoh months ago

Grendel

I come from a different era where you stuck together with the majority view. Around 1500 go to Sixfields out of about 12000 who went to the Ricoh to me that is a majority of about 80% saying lets not go and I am certain if we ALL had stuck together last August we would have been back to the Ricoh months ago

A different era that included tax dodging which means all taxpayers on here have to subsidise a fraudster and scumbag like you?

We shall continue our considered principled protest by not attending six fields, a totally unnecessary move by our owners in my opinion. We have twice attended 'the hill 'my young son and I against Swindon and Wolves and will do so next year if the Sky Blues have not returned home, along with attending as many away games as we can with the sky blue army.
Of course like us all, ( whichever side of the divide you sit ) I hope and pray that common sense prevails and we can once again purchase a season ticket and support our team at the Ricoh.
fair play for standing on the hill and I hope we are back at the ricoh and its good to see you have kept your sons heart burning for the sky blues good on ya

westofrayne

I will be travelling from Essex with my son and daughter to as many away games as possible, we missed 7 last season. We will not go into Sixfields, but I will have been on the hill once (Rotherham), not go good night.!

I will try and attend at least 10 games at Sixfields if I have to.

Whichever way you look at it there is no boycott. It is just the distance that is the major issue - its too far for many and midweek a complete no no.

You just do not meet many fans and then come out with rubbish like "It is just the distance that is the major issue", well explain how many supporters over came the distance problem to get to all those away games. You are a great one for figures let us all know how many total CITY supporters went away and how many went to sixfields in total. That is city fans at sixfields not total gate at sixfields. Come on do some thing usefull.

skybluelee

Whichever way you look at it there is no boycott. It is just the distance that is the major issue - its too far for many and midweek a complete no no.

Well I am boycotting and who the fuck are you to tell me I'm not?

idm1975

Cant believe only 1 other person has picked up on this, just how do you know this?

Have you been round to everyones house who does not go and asked them?

As usual I find myself in (almost) complete disagreement.
You do not have to attend Sixfields.
How can you possibly claim there is no boycott, I am, and you don't know how many of the missing 80% are either.
Agree distance is the major issue for some but I would say few, witness the away support.
I assume midweek is a complete no no for you but I struggle to see why.

idm1975

Nick, torch, limoncello....do you think grendel is correct in his assumption?

simple_simon

I know you still don't get it.

The Ricoh has never ever felt like home (despite the fact I've tried to embrace it with a season ticket from day one), unfortunately the football club (CCFC) has never ever been made welcome there!

Please check ALL the facts, if the club go back there it will have to be on very different 'terms & conditions', I will then have to consider my situation and position.

And before you presume, no I don't like having to go and support my team in Northampton (or anywhere else outside Coventry) but we are where we are because of who or whom?

The answer will be revealed shortly.

You have said something like this before, about being revealed shortly.
If you were a genuine fan you would share this information.

As for the Ricoh, it is home and will stay our home for as long ad possible.

Grendel

You just do not meet many fans and then come out with rubbish like "It is just the distance that is the major issue", well explain how many supporters over came the distance problem to get to all those away games. You are a great one for figures let us all know how many total CITY supporters went away and how many went to sixfields in total. That is city fans at sixfields not total gate at sixfields. Come on do some thing usefull.

Well I am boycotting and who the fuck are you to tell me I'm not?

Cant believe only 1 other person has picked up on this, just how do you know this?

Have you been round to everyones house who does not go and asked them?

As usual I find myself in (almost) complete disagreement.
You do not have to attend Sixfields.
How can you possibly claim there is no boycott, I am, and you don't know how many of the missing 80% are either.
Agree distance is the major issue for some but I would say few, witness the away support.
I assume midweek is a complete no no for you but I struggle to see why.

Nick, torch, limoncello....do you think grendel is correct in his assumption?

Do you all view travelling 35 miles akin to not playing at home?

Do you all view travelling 35 miles akin to not playing at home?

Walsall is 30 miles away and that is an away game, so any distance greater is away unless you are simple. Answer my question how many city supporters went away and how many at sixfields, go on embarrass Fisher

play_in_skyblue_stripes

There is a boycott.

Distance? Why do you continually attempt to wind-up Coventry City supporters?

You know fully well there is a boycott from Coventry City fans.

J

Jack Griffin

I can help you there... away attendances..
average-attendances-league1.png

Now the total attendance at Sixfields (from http://www.espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.3/english-league-one?cc=5739) was 54,015, average 2,348

If you sum the away fans that attended Sixfields it comes to 15,942, take that from 54,015 and the balance is the number of CCFC fans attending Sixfields, which is 38,073, this compares to the 38,862 fans who attended away games, making Coventry unique in having more away fans than home fans.

PS Note City away attendance average 2nd only to Wolves in the league..

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo

The distance doesn't determine where home is. But Northampton isn't home.
That's is why I am BOYCOTTING games, it is that simple Grendal.

Users who are viewing this thread