What was wrong on Saturday (1 Viewer)

InterSkyBlues

Some general thoughts on what was a pretty torrid and depressing match for the Sky Blues:

- For the first game in ages we didn't play the ball on the floor once. It was all hit and hope and our strikers are continually feeding off scraps.

- Cranie was sorely missed. Him and Gunnar are probably our better midfield duo. This is no slight on Gregan who is definitely not match fit but Aidy has no choice but to play him as we have no reserves.

- Are we the only side in the football league not to have any loan players? Is the financial situation that bad that we can't even afford loanees? No spare centre backs, no spare goalies any more, no spare centre midfielders. SISU I'm afraid are running this club into the ground.

- Hussey looked good when he came on - whats the matter with Halloran - he looks slow and always off the pace. He gets stripped continuously.

- Cameron either plays a blinder or a nightmare. His judgement is suspect and he scares the pants off me. So many errors by him and Wood through lack of comms and owning the ball.

- Aidy - patience is wearing thin - everytime on C&W he comes on and says the training ground is good and it just doesn't come off on match days. Its no good anymore Aidy, you are serving up pants week in week out. We are losing fans. Over 1000 left at half time!

- Bell is awful - he caused the fourth goal through an inept free kick. Stop persisting with him and play my mum instead, she would be way better!

I am still hoping we can turn this around as I have always been sure we wouldn't go down. For the first time this weekend I realised that we actually could. I don't see us getting more than 6 points before the end of the season given how bad we currently are. Our small squad is ravaged by injuries and now Marlon is out for 3 games (and there is no way he will stay next year).

Oh well, play up Sky Blues.....

sky_blue_up_north

Better get a loan keeper in, what went wrong yesterday, easy, only one player turned up (Juxy), the rest were shit

Pigeon

Id keep Hussey on next game over O'Halloran, maybe heres knackered after returning from injury and playing so many game or just not on it at the moment but at this stage we can't afford to take risks hoping people will regain form, same with Bell to be honest.
I agree that Cranie was desperately missed, midfield was all over the park and Sammy doesn't look even 60% fit to me.
Jukebox was the best player on the pitch yesterday for me.
I think not getting any new blood into the squad in January was the kiss of death, especially as we've had so many injuries this season.
I think we'll stay up this season, I have confidence in that at least. Lets hope Aidy sorts this problem out by Donny because we really need some points.
Come on you Blues:rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
I have no idea what is going to happen with our goalie situation. We will need to get an emergency loan or something but will it be the guy from Birmingham or the Everton goalie?

I don't understand with Bell what is wrong with him. He can cross as he has proved by putting some great balls across but 95% of the time he can't even get his crosses off the ground.

You could tell they were out to get King and it worked, they snapped at his ankles, kicked him all over the park all game and it finally got to him. To be fair if I had to play week in week out with half of our team I would have snapped a long time ago.

Cameron lets the ball bounce every time when he should just header it. Half the time it bounces over him or he heads it as it is on its way up from the bounce so doesn't go very far.

I don't know what Boothroyd is going to do.

cheesehog

Just wanted to say thanks to the team for saturday.... I live near Bristol and .my missus is a Bristol city fan. Great stuff! I've supported Cov for 38 years and apart from relegation this is the most depressing season by far... Cheers lads:mad:

ccfctommy

The Everton keeper is on loan to Preston.

Quirke will have to play I guess, Irelands injury isnt suprising. Thats what you get when you have no reserves.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, having no reserves doesn't have anything to do with his injury.

I think he has had a few long term injuries but it looks like he didnt warm up properly before coming on.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Isn't Quirke on loan to Nuneaton?

Quirke did OK against Watford but I'm worried if we have to play him a few games in a row behind that shakey defence... Oh dear

Users who are viewing this thread