/what us fans need to know What if...... (1 Viewer)

RPHunt

The Butts! Come on, that wouldn't even have been big enough for Wimbledon AFC when they were non-League.

Senior Vick from Alicante

1. Don't think they will have to liquidate now they will get 3 million or so from Wilsons sale. And they cant take the money straight out of the club as that's fraud I believe but stand to be corrected.

2. If they do liquidate at some point I don't think it will be that bad. The football league has special powers available to make provisions, the failing of the business is not necessarily the failing of the club as their is enough factual evidence to prove that their is a case of the club being deliberately run down to gain an economic advantage. If their was some one or group ready to step into the breach that has already engaged with the league to this end their may only be a points deduction, you cant punish the club if its being used as a financial pawn in a bigger picture.

wingy

1. Don't think they will have to liquidate now they will get 3 million or so from Wilsons sale. And they cant take the money straight out of the club as that's fraud I believe but stand to be corrected.

2. If they do liquidate at some point I don't think it will be that bad. The football league has special powers available to make provisions, the failing of the business is not necessarily the failing of the club as their is enough factual evidence to prove that their is a case of the club being deliberately run down to gain an economic advantage. If their was some one or group ready to step into the breach that has already engaged with the league to this end their may only be a points deduction, you cant punish the club if its being used as a financial pawn in a bigger picture.

On point one there do appear to be vehicles for getting money out .

Around 18months to 2 years ago this company was set up . Originally you could find fisher associated to it but that link has since disappeared .

however here Is part of the policy which Is In their company Presentation ,on of three examples this Is the final two sentences and i believe pertains to us ,fits the timeframe and Cites examples of others he's worked with /for.

In respect of financing then long dated, expensive debt was replaced with short term, rolling asset backed financing. This facilitated cash flow stabilization.

A further hybrid instrument was created such that the debt element had repayment points linked to transfer window activity and equity convertibility was linked to overall asset performance.

Oh the name of the company Carpha risk management Indian based IIRC.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

We must be at the latest payment point. Question is whether the assets will keep rolling..

spider_ricoh

SISU could walk away but the FL previously handed the golden share to another entity when CCFC Ltd went into liquidation, so could do again with new backers

When Halifax went out of existence I believe they had to apply to the lower leagues until they found a league that would accomodate them. In practice you usually have to go low enough until you find a league in which teams regularly disappear for whatever reasons. They're usually adept at incorporating new members and they often have spaces. With Coventry, I'd guess the level below Conference North (plus or minus a level). That'd mean back to the Football League within 4 years.

Halifax have been my second team for decades so I've seen them a few times along the way. It was gutting at the time to see the club disappear but they rebuilt and they're back to being close to their natural level. It's been not unentertaining playing the likes of Leigh Genesis and Frickley Athletic along the way and winning more than you lose is a nice feeling. Halifax kept their stadium as it's owned by the council and also used by the Rugby League side and they kept their fans. There's also no sense that the FC Halifax Town of today isn't the Halifax Town AFC of the previous 80 years, the fans are the club and the fans are the same.

So does that mean somebody dropped out in Scotland to give rangers a chance?, surely another team was also ready to come up so what decided their fate?

Their story.....

In 2012, The Rangers Football Club plc became insolvent and entered administration, resulting in liquidation, when an agreement could not be reached with its creditors. Its business and assets, including Rangers FC, were bought by a new company, to which the club's Scottish Football Association membership was transferred in time to enable Rangers to relaunch in the Scottish Football League's Third Division at the start of the 2012–13 season.

RegTheDonk

SISU could walk away but the FL previously handed the golden share to another entity when CCFC Ltd went into liquidation, so could do again with new backers

Yes, that would be a glimmer of hope should they liquidate. And the FL are now renowned for changing/overlooking/ignoring their own rules. I can't recall the legalities of it all though, did Appleton find the golden share was registered with holdings, or some slippery reason to give it to Otium?

Anyroad, on the OPs question, would they actually do it. Would Fisher actually pull the plug and put business before the fans - giving the most recent flannel on CWR about this being a fantastic club and the fans are great and we deserve the best etc?

spider_ricoh

Yes, that would be a glimmer of hope should they liquidate. And the FL are now renowned for changing/overlooking/ignoring their own rules. I can't recall the legalities of it all though, did Appleton find the golden share was registered with holdings, or some slippery reason to give it to Otium?

Anyroad, on the OPs question, would they actually do it. Would Fisher actually pull the plug and put business before the fans - giving the most recent flannel on CWR about this being a fantastic club and the fans are great and we deserve the best etc?

It went to Otium I believe.

J

Jack Griffin

The full text of CP-Artha restructuring plan summary... original source was on their web-site, which was taken offline soon after parts of it appeared on this site..

Distressed Asset 3

This business was a fallen angel. A Premiership pedigree and brand in a financially distressed position.

The challenge was to review and restructure the capital structure to encourage fresh investment into the business.

A first step was to create a valuation and cash flow sensitivity model for the business.

A second step required an analysis of the playing assets in respect of valuation and ‘liquidity’.

A third step required for wholesale restructuring of the business with previous vertical business streams around the first team, development squad and academy being replaced with horizontal management integration. This facilitated the creation of value with bright aspiring assets being played in the first team and creating instant value.

In respect of financing then long dated, expensive debt was replaced with short term, rolling asset backed financing. This facilitated cash flow stabilization.

A further hybrid instrument was created such that the debt element had repayment points linked to transfer window activity and equity convertibility was linked to overall asset performance.

Astute

If our club was properly liquidated and not like last time where SISU used the process to get out of the rental agreement it would be up to the FL if our club would become non league.

When Wimbledon moved to MK there was no place for a new club as their club survived under a different name. So they started again much lower. But if a club gets liquidated properly there is a vacancy. If no club got relegated from the division that we are in there would be a vacancy in the division below. IIRC the expected drop would be 3 divisions, but we might get away with it because the FL have had a part to play in what has happened. We might only go as far as the Conference.

NorthernWisdom

If our club was properly liquidated and not like last time where SISU used the process to get out of the rental agreement it would be up to the FL if our club would become non league.

When Wimbledon moved to MK there was no place for a new club as their club survived under a different name. So they started again much lower. But if a club gets liquidated properly there is a vacancy. If no club got relegated from the division that we are in there would be a vacancy in the division below. IIRC the expected drop would be 3 divisions, but we might get away with it because the FL have had a part to play in what has happened. We might only go as far as the Conference.

Every club that has gone out of business has lost its league place as it no longer exists.

stupot07

Every club that has gone out of business has lost its league place as it no longer exists.

You're forgetting we're Coventry City, a sleeping giant, a PL club in waiting, the single most important club in the Football League......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

That is like saying that every club that has been liquidated has gone out of business. It is what happens to the remnants of the club that decides. And a lot of it also depends on whether all football debts are paid.

If any of our club remained and started again we have a good chance of starting again about three divisions below where we are now. Rangers went as low as they did as it was a fraud that had been committed.

justvisiting

So does that mean somebody dropped out in Scotland to give rangers a chance?, surely another team was also ready to come up so what decided their fate?

Their story.....

In 2012, The Rangers Football Club plc became insolvent and entered administration, resulting in liquidation, when an agreement could not be reached with its creditors. Its business and assets, including Rangers FC, were bought by a new company, to which the club's Scottish Football Association membership was transferred in time to enable Rangers to relaunch in the Scottish Football League's Third Division at the start of the 2012–13 season.

Rangers dropped out of Scottish football to give Rangers a chance! The Scottish leagues just reshuffled the relegation and promotion to create a gap in Division 4 and fill up the gap in the top division. Some say that was a fix, some say it was a realistic way of dealing with the fact that if Rangers had been booted into non-league then they'd have had a pfaff getting them back in with no automatic promotion into the leagues. Which view you subscribe to usually depends on who you support. Unlikely to happen in England as we don't have a club that accounts for 45% of all football supporters and we have a pyramid structure in which you can go from bottom to top just by winning games (more or less).

stupot07

That is like saying that every club that has been liquidated has gone out of business. It is what happens to the remnants of the club that decides. And a lot of it also depends on whether all football debts are paid.

If any of our club remained and started again we have a good chance of starting again about three divisions below where we are now. Rangers went as low as they did as it was a fraud that had been committed.

rangers when as low as they did because 1) they are 1 of the 2 giants of Scottish football (equivalent to say Liverpool) 2) the Scottish FA were scared of kicking them of the football league and 3) they haven't got a strong non league football pyramid like we have in England.

The rangers scenario sets no precedent for us or for the English FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Maybe it's just me, but if we were liquidated and had to start all over again, we would still be Coventry City wouldn't we?

I don't quite get this notion of no longer going up if we drop say 8 leagues or whatever. Surely that is an irrelavance. We support the team because it is our team. If we were at the Ricoh still and were relegated to League 2 and then relegated again to the Conference and then again on to the lower leagues it wouldn't even cross my mind to not go.

I don't support the team because they are successful or doing well, I support them because they are my team. Doesn't matter what level they play at, they are my team.

Get the feeling from some that the level we play at will determine whether they would go or not to see new reformed Coventry City and I just can't get my head around that. I go up to games at times pretty much knowing we are going to lose, but I still go. The club doesn't stop being my club just because they aren't doing well.

I've been at all the shitty little cup games at the Ricoh when we've had 3 thousand there or whatever. I was born here and Coventry City are my club. I want them obviously to play at a decent level but can't think for a single minute I would abandon them just because we were no good. League One or Midland Combination, whatever, they don't just stop being my team.

If CCFC folded and a new Coventry City was formed I would be there like a shot, 100%.

And if they ever became the case I would be urging all City fans to go out and support the new Coventry City, at whatever level that may be.

shmmeee

You're forgetting we're Coventry City, a sleeping giant, a PL club in waiting, the single most important club in the Football League......

No. We're Coventry City, taken away against FL rules, against fans wishes and with the OK of the FL.

If we go pop, it's entirely the Football League's fault and I'd hope you'd be there with me to let them know that and that you expect them to do what they did with Portsmouth and hand the club to a viable owner.

shmmeee

Anyway, I thought the accepted wisdom was that Sisu would never liquidate, just asset strip and put us into admin?

Astute

rangers when as low as they did because 1) they are 1 of the 2 giants of Scottish football (equivalent to say Liverpool) 2) the Scottish FA were scared of kicking them of the football league and 3) they haven't got a strong non league football pyramid like we have in England.

The rangers scenario sets no precedent for us or for the English FA.

Who said anything about a precedent being set from Scotland?

Luton Town started a season on -30 points for a liquidation. This meant a drop of one division. But the FL keep changing the rules as we well know. It would be up to the FL on what would happen.

Astute

Maybe it's just me, but if we were liquidated and had to start all over again, we would still be Coventry City wouldn't we?

I don't quite get this notion of no longer going up if we drop say 8 leagues or whatever. Surely that is an irrelavance. We support the team because it is our team. If we were at the Ricoh still and were relegated to League 2 and then relegated again to the Conference and then again on to the lower leagues it wouldn't even cross my mind to not go.

I don't support the team because they are successful or doing well, I support them because they are my team. Doesn't matter what level they play at, they are my team.

Get the feeling from some that the level we play at will determine whether they would go or not to see new reformed Coventry City and I just can't get my head around that. I go up to games at times pretty much knowing we are going to lose, but I still go. The club doesn't stop being my club just because they aren't doing well.

I've been at all the shitty little cup games at the Ricoh when we've had 3 thousand there or whatever. I was born here and Coventry City are my club. I want them obviously to play at a decent level but can't think for a single minute I would abandon them just because we were no good. League One or Midland Combination, whatever, they don't just stop being my team.

If CCFC folded and a new Coventry City was formed I would be there like a shot, 100%.

And if they ever became the case I would be urging all City fans to go out and support the new Coventry City, at whatever level that may be.

If we had to start again we couldn't be Coventry City Football Club. The name would be gone. What are Nuneaton Borough called now?

I suppose we could be called Coventry United if it happens. Those that are making up excuses for SISU might stop if our club disappears as we know it. It seems to be our only chance of getting united.

Moff

If we had to start again we couldn't be Coventry City Football Club. The name would be gone. What are Nuneaton Borough called now?

I suppose we could be called Coventry United if it happens. Those that are making up excuses for SISU might stop if our club disappears as we know it. It seems to be our only chance of getting united.

Coventry City AFC
or
Coventry AFC?

I never envisaged it would come to this, but I am begining to think its more likely as each week passes by, as I cant honestly see what the end game is of such an inept set of clowns. How the hell do people trust them with millions of pounds, I wouldn't trust them with 10p.

Otis

Pretty certain die hard Nuneaton Borough fans still call Nuneaton Town 'the Boro.' They are still Nuneaton Borough to the fans.

We WOULD still be Coventry City, albeit Coventry City AFC or whatever. Wimbledon are still Wimbledon and even got all their trophies back.

Moff

Pretty certain die hard Nuneaton Borough fans still call Nuneaton Town 'the Boro.' They are still Nuneaton Borough to the fans.

We WOULD still be Coventry City, albeit Coventry City AFC or whatever. Wimbledon are still Wimbledon and even got all their trophies back.

Stick us in Sky Blue and a slight change of name wouldnt bother me, as long as we are back home and SISU are gone.

Otis

Daft to think a Coventry City AFC playing in Coventry in sky blue won't be Coventry City. Of course they would be.

hill83

Resources from a fanbase far beyond that of most non-league clubs, and I daresay from a few local businesses. I don't want the club to go pop, but if it did I can't see that we couldn't work our way back up the pyramid.

Like I said. Imagination land.

Otis

I reckon if we folded and started afresh that 2,000 tops would be any attendance.

They'd be about 20,000 armchair fans though until the club got near the real leagues again. Then you'd be looking at 5,000+

stupot07

Who said anything about a precedent being set from Scotland?

Luton Town started a season on -30 points for a liquidation. This meant a drop of one division. But the FL keep changing the rules as we well know. It would be up to the FL on what would happen.

-20, but that was for coming out of administration without the agreement of a CVA, like us. The other 10 were irregular payments to agents.

olderskyblue

Not like the attendances dropped 50% on relegation from the Championship.

According to plenty on here most fans have moved on now.

So, you don't think that many would "move back" if SISU were gone, even if we were leagues lower?

Users who are viewing this thread