/what us fans need to know What if...... (1 Viewer)

stupot07

No. We're Coventry City, taken away against FL rules, against fans wishes and with the OK of the FL.

If we go pop, it's entirely the Football League's fault and I'd hope you'd be there with me to let them know that and that you expect them to do what they did with Portsmouth and hand the club to a viable owner.

I think we should reserve judgement on whether Portsmouth owners are viable for a at least 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

duffer

Like I said. Imagination land.

In your opinion. Just because you wouldn't be arsed to go, doesn't mean that alot of other people wouldn't. We're getting 2,000 at Northampton. Like I say, I'd rather it didn't happen, but if it does it isn't necessarily the end.

hill83

In your opinion. Just because you wouldn't be arsed to go, doesn't mean that alot of other people wouldn't. We're getting 2,000 at Northampton. Like I say, I'd rather it didn't happen, but if it does it isn't necessarily the end.

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that it's in your imagination. Guessing about attendances and local businesses investing. Could happen, but you don't know.
So for now, it's imagination land.

And I didn't say I wouldn't go.

Last edited:

shmmeee

I think we should reserve judgement on whether Portsmouth owners are viable for a at least 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

There are no viable owners (or not many) in English football. That's the elephant in this discussion. No reason we should be realistic when no-one else is.

My point was they were viable by the FL's criteria, they chose the fans trust ahead of other, more lucrative, bids IIRC.

shmmeee

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that it's in your imagination. Guessing about attendances and local businesses investing. Could happen, but you don't know.

Calling SkyBlueKid, SkyBlueKid to the thread please.

hill83

Calling SkyBlueKid, SkyBlueKid to the thread please.

abandon-thread-o.gif

rupert_bear

Well sisu have been here 7 years have they proved themselves viable ?

duffer

No - it's not a fact in my imagination, it's an opinion. My opinion is that we'd pick up a fair degree of support - your opinion is that we won't.

Your opinion is no better (or worse) than mine. But if the best argument that you can come up with is that my opinion is a 'fact' in my head coming from fantasy land, then I'm guessing you haven't troubled yourself to think about this too much.

Your 'fact' is solely in your head too (or fantasy land, if you prefer).

My argument is that it's not fanciful to suggest that we'd get a decent following even outside of the league, and a reasonable level of sponsorship too, if the worst happened. The history of (and ties to) the club, and the size of the City, and the 2,000+ that go to Northampton would point to that being a reasonable assumption.

However it doesn't suit your world view for some reason, so you pretend your opinion is fact, and dismiss other opinions as fanciful. Apart from the fact that it's sort of impolite that, it's also a rubbish way of trying to make a point.

hill83

No - it's not a fact in my imagination, it's an opinion. My opinion is that we'd pick up a fair degree of support - your opinion is that we won't.

Your opinion is no better (or worse) than mine. But if the best argument that you can come up with is that my opinion is a 'fact' in my head coming from fantasy land, then I'm guessing you haven't troubled yourself to think about this too much.

Your 'fact' is solely in your head too (or fantasy land, if you prefer).

My argument is that it's not fanciful to suggest that we'd get a decent following even outside of the league, and a reasonable level of sponsorship too, if the worst happened. The history of (and ties to) the club, and the size of the City, and the 2,000+ that go to Northampton would point to that being a reasonable assumption.

However it doesn't suit your world view for some reason, so you pretend your opinion is fact, and dismiss other opinions as fanciful. Apart from the fact that it's sort of impolite that, it's also a rubbish way of trying to make a point.

Re-read what I said. It is a fact that it is in your head. Not a 'fact' in your head.
Nothing you have said is a fact, and I've not suggested that it is.
The only fact is your are making up scenarios.
My opinion is that we don't know what will happen. You are plucking ideas out of the air, in imagination land.

So you have totally misunderstood my point, but that's ok. Don't worry about it.

I would never claim anyone's opinion is worth more or less than anyone elses, and that isn't what I'm doing now.

I think I've found the crux of the misunderstanding. When I said 'It's not an opinion' I was saying what I'm saying isn't an opinion. Then stated that it was a fact, that the ideas you are suggested have come straight out of your bonce.

Last edited:

duffer

Re-read what I said. It is a fact that it is in your head. Not a 'fact' in your head.
Nothing you have said is a fact, and I've not suggested that it is.
The only fact is your are making up scenarios.
My opinion is that we don't know what will happen. You are plucking ideas out of the air, in imagination land.

So you have totally misunderstood my point, but that's ok. Don't worry about it.

Ah, sorry, I've read this as you saying that if the worst happened, and the club was liquidated, that that would be it for most if not all supporters. (A made-up scenario, btw).

I've then suggested (or offered my opinion) that that might not be the case. And then you seem to have said that I'm in fantasy land.

If I've misunderstood you on that, apologies. Feel free to set me straight.

hill83

It's not a direct dig at you, all the possible future scenarios are from imagination land. Why the fuck do I keep saying imagination land.

Anyway. Off to the boozer then to godiva festival to get soaked.

duffer

It's not a direct dig at you, all the possible future scenarios are from imagination land. Why the fuck do I keep saying imagination land.

Anyway. Off to the boozer then to godiva festival to get soaked.

Fair enough mate. It's Friday, and I'm a bit hot. Apologies if I got a bit snotty. Enjoy yourself at the Godiva. :)

Users who are viewing this thread