What to do (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

I`m finding it fairly easy....... the paracetamol has kicked in! :happy:
Although I`ve never seen so many hands on heads since I was at school as are in this picture.........
View attachment 6963

That is a great picture. The keepers pose says it all. Bigi doesn't look like his block on the line meant the trophy was ours.
At the other end I also had my head in hands as I was convinced you had scored and we were heading for extra time.

PUSB

olderskyblue

I don't know what Burge was messing about at there, he could have punted it long into an open net... ;)

NorthernWisdom

Am I the only one who confused their keeper for ours, saw the hands go on the head and thought we'd conceded, before being utterly bemused as he sprinted out of the penalty area?

Yep? Alright then:oops:

(Being sat up top made me realise I need glasses for more than just driving nowadays!)

Sbarcher

Thought Jones may have had a punt when he was running down the left with their goal unguarded but as usual he had his head down and ploughed on (oh, and he did have a defender on him!)

olderskyblue

Am I the only one who confused their keeper for ours, saw the hands go on the head and thought we'd conceded, before being utterly bemused as he sprinted out of the penalty area?

(Being sat up top made me realise I need glasses for more than just driving nowadays!)

Nope, i thought the same. I thought all the players going on their knees were ours, even though they were in yellow....It must just be dread, as we have so often given goals away in the last seconds..

Liquid Gold

I've watched the highlights 10 times today but I have to skip that bit because I'm sure the ball is going to go in. I was just waiting for the net to go. We always concede late goals and it would be typical CCFC to lose a game after being 2-0 up with 15 minutes left.

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
@Liquid Gold ..... very loud twice (wonder why!!) and you also have a couple of songs everyone seems to know which kept the noise going.
You probably have a larger core of singers than we do and, even though they get very spread out and mixed in with lets say.... "infrequent supporters" , there is enough there to carry it through.
Probably couldn`t hear much from us as it was fairly quiet IMHO and there is nothing much more annoying than having your own players waving their arms at you when they`ve not given you much to shout about!!

ccfc92

@Liquid Gold ..... very loud twice (wonder why!!) and you also have a couple of songs everyone seems to know which kept the noise going.
You probably have a larger core of singers than we do and, even though they get very spread out and mixed in with lets say.... "infrequent supporters" , there is enough there to carry it through.
Probably couldn`t hear much from us as it was fairly quiet IMHO and there is nothing much more annoying than having your own players waving their arms at you when they`ve not given you much to shout about!!

I can understand your frustrations. You were the better team, but shooting was shocking from your attackers.

Luckily for us, we took our limited chances, but it was a fantastic day and atmosphere from both sets of fans. Good luck for the rest of the season, and next :)

(Just a quick question, do you have any other songs than "Yeeellows, Yeeeelows!"? :) )

Liquid Gold

All in all I thought it was a good game of football though. Chances for both teams, bags of drama and a great goal that won it. Maybe thats just because it was in our favour though.

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
To be honest you`ve hit form of late and have got a solid game plan.....and we are looking at playing 60+ games this season with a relatively small squad that can switch from looking very jaded to looking like a team that can beat anyone. Consistency is something we lack at the moment.... we`ll either win 5-1 or lose by the odd goal.
Sadly it looks likely your revival seems to have come a bit late....... try & enjoy next season...... the "novelty" of being the big fish in the small pond can wear off very quickly......... we remember that well from the dark days of the Conference.

Covstu

I can understand your frustrations. You were the better team, but shooting was shocking from your attackers.

Luckily for us, we took our limited chances, but it was a fantastic day and atmosphere from both sets of fans. Good luck for the rest of the season, and next :)

(Just a quick question, do you have any other songs than "Yeeellows, Yeeeelows!"? :) )
Disagree, I thought we were better on the day. We looked more hungry for the ball and limited their chances. Best team won but it was a decent game

Adge

It was a typical league 1 game and you had the better play/chances etc but didn't take them. I think the first goal was always going to be the most crucial and we managed to get it which got the crowd going. I think if Oxford got it we may have crumbled.
Good luck though for the rest of the season

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Likewise.... if we had knocked in the equaliser towards the end it might have been different.... but it wasn`t !
Ho hum..... always next year....... :happy:

Liquid Gold

Likewise.... if we had knocked in the equaliser towards the end it might have been different.... but it wasn`t !
Do you have any regret playing on through all those games and making the final just to lose again? If you didn't you could well be further up the league with a fresher team.

Captain Dart

I think it would have been, we were flagging for fitness. But you couldn't do it so we won.

Essexyellows

Obsessive Dot Counter
Do you have any regret playing on through all those games and making the final just to lose again? If you didn't you could well be further up the league with a fresher team.

Somewhere North of an extra £700,000 in the bank from our cup exploits this season will cover the rent for a year!
We aren`t good enough for the Championship yet, far to inconsistent, so wouldn`t want to end up as whipping boys like Rotherham,who we beat rather comfortably this season.
Can`t take away how good this season has been..... decent FA Cup run,stuffing the Geordies & giving M`boro a run for their money, done the double over the Scum, got to a Wembley final and looking to finish in the top 10 of League One...... most of us would have taken that first day of the season!

The Great Eastern

TBH Cap'n...I thought exactly the same and the words 'Burge, you c*nt' were just forming on my lips when I saw there was another played dressed in green grabbing hold of the ball on the line....!

Great_Expectations

I'm back in London today and I can confirm it's not quite the same atmosphere; not enough sky blue and too many cockney accents.

I have returned to the first pub of the day from Sunday although it's actually making me feel quite sad that I haven't got the same plan today as I did last time I was here.

Users who are viewing this thread