What skool did everyone attend? (2 Viewers)

Covkid1968#

Oh yes..Binley Park 79-84

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I was always getting the cane. Pretty much every day. I was a right rebel! Smoking, truancy, refusing to do homework, lateness, fighting, you name it, I did it! It's a wonder I ever got through to the end! I absolutely hated school.

I never had any detentions or cane (crazy idea that). The only trouble I ever encountered was CCFC related.

I took a white plastic bag to school one day with my school things in it. I was not impressed with some aspects of Coventry City at the time.
I write on my bag in green felt tip "Coop is shit" and "Milne Out". Some teacher reported me to the headmaster.

The headmaster put me on a conduct card for two weeks. He then asked me "What would your mum say about it? I said "She would agree with me". No doubt she would have done ,bless her.

Still not happy after all these years about clampdown on free speech although I accept "shit" is not nice language to use particularly.

So after 35 years hear is a polite version and adapted to more current CCFC issues ;-
"Coop was rubbish" and "SISU Out".

Incidentally I did buy a "Milne Out" T shirt outside the Highfield Road once a couple of years later. Any equivalent "SISU Out" t-shirts for sale outside "home" ground now I wonder?

Before anyone comments , Yes another thread hijacked,albeit off-topic thread, to bring us back to the main issue facing us.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

A fine trail of destruction by any arsonist's standards.

The Avon Valley fire was an electrical fault. One of the many things covered up by the head, Mr Brain. Along with shagging staff and appointing family members to high up roles in the school.

Brighton Sky Blue

The Avon Valley fire was an electrical fault. One of the many things covered up by the head, Mr Brain. Along with shagging staff and appointing family members to high up roles in the school.

Skermer got caught taking photos of boys in the showers after rugby matches. Vardon got investigated as well and indecent images were found on his computer which led him to flee abroad where he committed suicide. Can't have been a surprise, Skermer wrote a book justifying paedophilia long before the allegations were raised.

Hugh Jarse

Woodlands Comprehensive from 67-72 - Malins House

Drove past it yesterday, fook me, how long has it been called Woodlands Academy?

LastGarrison

I is intrigued! :thinking about:

He was a weird old school teacher Houch, real strict man who was well reknown at Cally for being a bit of a bastard, however, he had a strange fascination with mushrooms, really really passionate about them and the thing that you learnt as a first year was that if you had Beb Brown you should try and get him to talk about mushrooms as he would go on about them for the whole hour and you wouldn't have to do any work.

One of those old school rumours that probably happened once and then became a school legend.

sky_blue_up_north

President Kennedy started the year it first opened, Larkin House memory has faded think it was 1967 left in 1971, Parkgate before that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingy

He was a weird old school teacher Houch, real strict man who was well reknown at Cally for being a bit of a bastard, however, he had a strange fascination with mushrooms, really really passionate about them and the thing that you learnt as a first year was that if you had Beb Brown you should try and get him to talk about mushrooms as he would go on about them for the whole hour and you wouldn't have to do any work.

One of those old school rumours that probably happened once and then became a school legend.[/QU

We had one like that ,RE teacher George ,can't remember his surname .

He reckoned he's been a missionary out In Africa,so we used to get him rambling on that ,not that RE required much work.

Better still ,he was well Into photography and liked a Fag,so we got onto doing a few Photography projects ,and could smoke In the dark room

EDIT; George Metcalfe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread