What site were you on before this one? (1 Viewer)

Previous forum

• CET

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • GMK

Votes: 3 9.1%

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

ICHAN

Just as an interest.
What site were people using before they joined SBT?

Myself I was using the CET site cannot remember how I came across SBT but joined in it's infancy although never posted much/hardly anything but just used to browse here every now and again.
In my opinion this is a better site although their are little groups forming but I suppose this happens no matter what a forum site would be about, just a honest opinion and it is not aimed at anyone.

Sorry if I missed a forum out.

Also did you carry your old forum name over?

Myself no I had nicspalding on the CET although ICHAN was not what it was meant to be it just happened that way can't remeber what happened now but my name just appeared ICHAN.

Last edited:

ccfcdan

I was also on the CT forum, however it was very clicky and if you had an opinon that differed from that click then they would mock you and put you down.This is by far the best Cov city forum around and I've enjoyed posting and reading everyones comments this year.

rob9872

CET here too. Would have still been there if it hadn't gone entirely but glad that it did as I would never have found here. Superior platform, more traffic, more room for expression and quicker less biased info. Still a few wums and not perfect but I guess you can't have everything.

Merry Christmas all :)

ICHAN

Some of it was very clicky Dan I have to agree hardly posted on it just used to read a lot of it.
Thing is mate it does not take much for clicky groups to appear and WUM calling etc to start, really hope it does not get a strong hold on here as it is a GREAT FORUM but can soon lose members as they do get scared/fed up to post their views especially new members.

ICHAN

Merry xmas rob, did you use the same name by the way dan and rob? forgot to put this in thye opening thread, will edit that into it.

rob9872

Yep, same name for me

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I was on 606 but not long after I joined I came across SBT. 606 was good reading other teams fans views but the amount of WUMs was ridiculous and SBT was much better so I stuck around. Kept the same username.

Tonylinc

Rivals 365 (is that the same as 606?) I used to enjoy the ease with which I could talk to other fans from opposing teams. Can we not introduce that on this forum? (speaks a totally illiterate IT member)

skyblueinBaku

CET and I kept the same name when I started here. CET was a bit cliquey, and there were quite a few trolls (or the same one with lots of names) and it became quite nasty sometimes just before it closed.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used 606. Can't for the life of me remember my username though. It got a bit stupid towards the end and wasn't surprised when they closed it down.

ICHAN

Must pop over then mate if it's as bad as here.:whistle:
Hope you had a good xmas mate, and how's the dyslexia help going if you do not mind me asking?

ICHAN

That's good that they will help you out with this.
What gets me though Rich with it all is the whole process that you need to go through, I understand procedures but it took me years to get my problem even took serious by doctors even, and changing doctors constantly and having to keep talking about the symptoms over and over again, chasing up results from meetings etc it's an effing nightmare but hope you can get all the help you need mate.

ICHAN

And you mate, lets hope for a welcome win.:p
If you can call listening to us enjoyable.

Disorganised1

I was on LAST - but had a different name there.

TheHellion

I too was on the CET forums, and to be honest they weren't that bad until the WUMS took over the asylum. Then all of the in-fighting started to get boring, repetitive, and frankly beyond funny, so I jumped ship to here in its early days, albeit under a different account and username.

:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

The Reverend Skyblue

I was on 606 under the name frenchskybluefrog, but it kept getting hacked by the resident wum, i can't remember his name but he was a major pain in the arse.
I changed it to Rev-Skyblue and was still active right up to its demise. I like it here but i agree there are groups forming who shout down posters who they think may be SISU lovers, or for being negative all the time.
We do live in a democracy and people should be able to post there opinions whatever they are, and also, some get slammed for changing there minds which we all do but some get slated for that.
If it got really bad it will ruin a very good site, and most posters will leave, lets just let people speak with out them feeling threatened of being abused, its quite simple.
The Rev

MatthewWallis

I was on 606 under the name frenchskybluefrog, but it kept getting hacked by the resident wum, i can't remember his name but he was a major pain in the arse.
I changed it to Rev-Skyblue and was still active right up to its demise. I like it here but i agree there are groups forming who shout down posters who they think may be SISU lovers, or for being negative all the time.
We do live in a democracy and people should be able to post there opinions whatever they are, and also, some get slammed for changing there minds which we all do but some get slated for that.
If it got really bad it will ruin a very good site, and most posters will leave, lets just let people speak with out them feeling threatened of being abused, its quite simple.
The Rev

I think his name was Neo

ICHAN

Think a lot of us do BRR will be sad if this site got groupy and full of WUM's as it is a very good site with a lot of excellent debate from alot of very good fans with a hell of alot of knowledge shared by some.
Let's hope it all stays free from the crap that happens on other forums and continues with some very good debating.
Excellent post also REV as usual.:)
:claping hands::claping hands:

BigCsCheesyGrin

CET with same username. Viewed daily but only occasionally posted (similar to this forum).Then posts just stopped happening and i was left in the abyss wondering where to turn to.....That's when i came across this excellent forum !

Covstu

CET for me, used to like it with the usual suspects on the site who sometimes frequent this site nowadays! I like this website better as you dont get padlock fred locking all of the threads!!!

Skyblueloyal

I used the CET on before it went, but this ones much better.

ajsccfc

CET, which went south thanks to that guy who's now here so I'm wary of it happening here.

It can be cliquey here also, I cringe when I see someone offer an alternative viewpoint and rather than have it addressed, just get called a name or be accused of being Onye/Brody/Ken/a WUM.

Users who are viewing this thread