What lesson will SISU learn from yesterday ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

IN my opinion - nothing. They don't give a damn about us supporters. Will they note the potential ? No, they are blind.

I just read this on Skyblue Mad - I think says it all.
If yesterday's attendance doesn't galvanise the warring parties into peace talks what will?

A Message Has Been Sent
By R.D.
Updated Sunday, 1st December 2013
Views: 262
Coventry City RSS Feed

One Man's View
The 6,781 Coventry City supporters at MK Dons has sent a message to all the parties who have contributed to this mess ‘Sort it out soon’ or the massed army of City fans (who deserve a lot better) will start to erode and ultimately a large proportion of the potential future supporters will never experience the joy of being taken to the Ricoh by their parents or joining the Junior Sky Blues.

Those of us who are heading for the twilight will fade away – we probably lose hundreds of older supporters each season – this will accelerate as the structure crumbles. There must be a pipeline but once the pipeline is ruptured and broken we are doomed !

We are running out of time – Pressley and his team are doing a fantastic job (he is on our side) there is a real future ahead of for us but not in Northampton or in a Meccano Stadium located somewhere away from Coventry.

Voice_of_Reason

I just read this on Skyblue Mad - I think says it all.
If yesterday's attendance doesn't galvanise the warring parties into peace talks what will?

A Message Has Been Sent
By R.D.
Updated Sunday, 1st December 2013
Views: 262
Coventry City RSS Feed

One Man's View
The 6,781 Coventry City supporters at MK Dons has sent a message to all the parties who have contributed to this mess ‘Sort it out soon’ or the massed army of City fans (who deserve a lot better) will start to erode and ultimately a large proportion of the potential future supporters will never experience the joy of being taken to the Ricoh by their parents or joining the Junior Sky Blues.

Those of us who are heading for the twilight will fade away – we probably lose hundreds of older supporters each season – this will accelerate as the structure crumbles. There must be a pipeline but once the pipeline is ruptured and broken we are doomed !

We are running out of time – Pressley and his team are doing a fantastic job (he is on our side) there is a real future ahead of for us but not in Northampton or in a Meccano Stadium located somewhere away from Coventry.

Never a truer word....look at MK Dons, no pipeline but an amazing stadium. Home gates around 7,000 in a 30,000 capacity stadium.

jesus-wept

Joy Sepalla if she has any brain at all should rid the club once and for all of Mr Tim Fisher and his side-kick Steve Waggott they have served their purpose and offer nothing more and the majority of fans will never accept or trust either, Replace them with someone who can run a football team without antagonising the supporters. When you listen to that Mark Laborich fella his talk is for more positive to returning to the Ricoh than those two, who I believe conjured up the whole stupid plan which has failed big time.

wafw1971

Joy Sepalla if she has any brain at all should rid the club once and for all of Mr Tim Fisher and his side-kick Steve Waggott they have served their purpose and offer nothing more and the majority of fans will never accept or trust either, Replace them with someone who can run a football team without antagonising the supporters. When you listen to that Mark Laborich fella his talk is for more positive to returning to the Ricoh than those two, who I believe conjured up the whole stupid plan which has failed big time.

Tim Fisher I agree with but Steve Waggott has been doing an outstanding job. He is the one who is responsible in bringing in the signings that we have.

Danceswithhorses

Can waggott be tarred with the same brush as Fisher-don't they have completely different roles in the club ?

jesus-wept

I am not revealing my sources so you have to believe what I say Steve Waggott is hated by many of the players, horrible two faced b#####d one has told me. He has tried and is still trying to sell more than a couple to raise money. Don't for one minute think players signing contracts mean they will be here that long. I keep saying this on here he is the other cheek of the same backside, was Fisher's side-kick at Charlton Athletic who have improved on and off the pitch since his departure whilst we have gone the other way since he turned up here, fact.

shmmeee

I hope its "If you're going to build a new stadium, look to MK not Rotherham".

In all seriousness, nothing. What we think matters not to Joy unless we can influence the council into selling cheaply.

SkyBlueHomer

IN my opinion - nothing. They don't give a damn about us supporters. Will they note the potential ? No, they are blind.
absolutely. They haven't listened to a word before so why would they now. They have their own selfish agenda and cannot see the big picture. We tried to listen and understand at the ryton forum, fisher was told we wont go to Northampton but they still carry on and do their own thing

matesx

I am not revealing my sources so you have to believe what I say Steve Waggott is hated by many of the players, horrible two faced b#####d one has told me. He has tried and is still trying to sell more than a couple to raise money. Don't for one minute think players signing contracts mean they will be here that long. I keep saying this on here he is the other cheek of the same backside, was Fisher's side-kick at Charlton Athletic who have improved on and off the pitch since his departure whilst we have gone the other way since he turned up here, fact.

why would the players hate Waggot?

dodgy sources mate

jesus-wept

Because he ,their words not mine so far up his own arsehole only his feet are dangling out. He is and still is trying to move players on, the problem he has is a number of our most marketable players are born here and Coventry fans so view things a bit differently than perhaps others. They, Fisher and Waggott have failed financially with their and it was them Sixfields fiasco has failed miserably and if Sepalla is takng a more active roll yesterdays away turn out will make this deadly duo look even worse, they need to get money in to supplement their failure at Northampton.

matesx

why bring in 3 players then?

we will be paying a cut of their wages

jesus-wept

why bring in 3 players then?

we will be paying a cut of their wages
Perhaps because Joy Sepalla promised SP players in Janary or perhaps Pressley put a little pressure on or perhaps we lost the last 2 home games shipping 8 goals, things aren't always that black and white.

SonOfSnoz

why would the players hate Waggot?

dodgy sources mate

Maybe your source has a personal grudge?
SW has to create a budget, it's not an easy thing to do!
Like the way he is going about things!
Nice people never win!
Can only judge him on his actions.....
He is getting young players through the door, keeping them hidden while on trial, tying down the good ones & getting rid of the not so good......can't fault him for that!
In the past, the club signed old past it on long term contracts.
Told the world before making the move & let players contracts run down, making no money for the club!
SW has my upmost respect!

Hobo

Reply to title of thread...Nothing, they seem such a pig headed organisation who go their own way. When people have a go back it's court or threat of court, bullies nothing else.

thaiskyblue

Reply to title of thread...Nothing, they seem such a pig headed organisation who go their own way. When people have a go back it's court or threat of court, bullies nothing else.
spot on, absolute scum bags. Totally taking the piss out of the genuine supporters of this football club.

matesx

Maybe your source has a personal grudge?
SW has to create a budget, it's not an easy thing to do!
Like the way he is going about things!
Nice people never win!
Can only judge him on his actions.....
He is getting young players through the door, keeping them hidden while on trial, tying down the good ones & getting rid of the not so good......can't fault him for that!
In the past, the club signed old past it on long term contracts.
Told the world before making the move & let players contracts run down, making no money for the club!
SW has my upmost respect!

spot on Sir

Longford

Heard similar from a players family. He and fisher are from same cloth. Don't be fooled.

James Smith

What lesson will SISU learn from yesterday

That they should have moved us to Milton Keynes not Northampton :facepalm:

Ashdown1

They will have learned nothing, nor are they interested. They are single minded in only one thing and have been for over 2 years now and that is to acquire the Ricoh Arena at a price of their choosing. CCFC is being kept alive by Steven Pressley and a team of spirited and reasonably talented youngsters, that's all. Without their success, home gates would be less than 1500 including away fans, Merchandise sales and other revenue sources would be negligible and the only reason the club has gained so much publicity of late is from Sports journalists appreciating their professional attitude and ability to attract impressive away followings from a disgruntled but loyal support !

Sky Blue 64

I'm very suprisd to read some of the comments on this forum re Steve Waggott. Correct me if I'm wrong, but who was responsible for hiring Robbins last year and then Steve Pressley?
I was under the impression it was Waggott

lewys33

I am sure everyone loves their bosses boss don't they?

shmmeee

I'm very suprisd to read some of the comments on this forum re Steve Waggott. Correct me if I'm wrong, but who was responsible for hiring Robbins last year and then Steve Pressley?
I was under the impression it was Waggott

To be fair, being good at his job doesn't make him a nice bloke.

Warwickhunt

If the gates dont improve then we have to sell! simple mathmatics if you ask me.

RoboCCFC90

To be fair, being good at his job doesn't make him a nice bloke.

To be fair I have spoken to Steve Waggott twice and he has always semed a good guy, has also made good decisions to justify that impression..

Users who are viewing this thread