What is our team line up at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

With all that is going on off the pitch and the lack of any news from the club, I thought we should remind ourselves of what we have as a team to start the season with? I appreciate we may get some in but just to get us thinking football for 5 minutes anyone want a stab at the line up? I can't even remember who the hell we've got anymore apart from the leagues top goal scorer!

...............................MURPHY
.....CLARKE.............................................CHRISTIE
.........................?........................?......................
BELL............?..................?..............BAKER
......................CLARKE..............?............................

SUBS: ??????????????????????????????

Sutty

Murphy

Christie
Willis
Henderson
Adams

Barton
Thomas

Baker
Fleck
Moussa

Clarke

That's not including any of the 'bomb squad'. Apart from centre back and squad depth we're not much worse off than we were last year.

KersleyDigs

Murphy

Christie
Willis
Henderson
Adams

Barton
Thomas

Baker
Fleck
Moussa

Clarke

That's not including any of the 'bomb squad'. Apart from centre back and squad depth we're not much worse off than we were last year.

Depth is a BIG problem when you play so many games though. Our second team is horrific:

Burge
Phillips
Un-named U17
Un-named U17
Haynes
Garner
Henderson
Lobjoit
Daniels
Maund
Wilson

Last edited:

oakey

Joe Henderson was released, I think.
Willis is the only centre half, since the two Frenchies are unwanted.
Maybe SP will play Adam Barton there, as we have 5 midfielders.

oakey

MURPHY
CHRISTIE. BARTON WILLIS. ADAMS
BAKER. THOMAS. FLECK. MOUSSA
WILSON. CLARKE

These are the only 11 we have, excluding bomb squad and kids. Correct me if I've missed somebody.

smileycov

Facebook User
was it wise telling so many to knob off, when we cant actually replace em and may need them

procdoc

Adam Barton as a centre half? Are you sure? He's a talented player but he can't tackle to save his life

pusbccfc

Who else could play centre back? Thomas maybe?

Paxman II

I look at that team and see bombing full backs, a very good striker at this level and a decent keeper. Plus an attacking midfielder/playmaker in baker worth afew goals and think to myself it's a half decent team tbh. they are experienced in this league now, we have youth and experience and the ability to score around the team.
Strength in depth seems to be the main factor so interesting to see what Elvis brings in when he gets the nod?

smileycov

Facebook User
I look at that team and see bombing full backs, a very good striker at this level and a decent keeper. Plus an attacking midfielder/playmaker in baker worth afew goals and think to myself it's a half decent team tbh. they are experienced in this league now, we have youth and experience and the ability to score around the team.
Strength in depth seems to be the main factor so interesting to see what Elvis brings in when he gets the nod?

That is a team of 5 we can mange then. So if we join Goals soccer centre, that also sorts the ground problem!!! excellent idea lol

stupot07

Murphy

Christie
Willis
Henderson
Adams

Barton
Thomas

Baker
Fleck
Moussa

Clarke

Looks like mid table fodder to me, not much difference to the team that picked up 12 points in 10 games under Pressley, just a better striker but probably the most inexperienced/ worst centre back partnership in the league, and central midfield trio which won't give them much protection....and a reliance on baker / Clarke to score all the goals.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Why let people go when they can't be replaced.
We now have ....

... A poor team with no depth and no chance of buying players
... Nowhere to play of our own
... Prospect of a third rate stadium in 3 years time and outside Coventry.
... Debt of 100M in 3 years time.

.... we are screwed.

Congratulations SISU

Tank Top

Lets hope its a razor, he makes Rab C look Smart.

Manchester_sky_blue

Most of the players released/listed we have had no choice on FFP meant we could not continue to pay their salaries.

There are some oddities though, Nathan Cameron would have been a big help with the current state of our defence.

No doubt we will pick up some loans/free agents though once the embargo is lifted. The team will be still be bilge though. Unless Leon plays out of his skin and scores for fun then i predict bottom half finish.

BrisbaneBronco

Thought that CB would be the guy we had on loan from Southampton, think his name was Martin and that SP was trying to get him back on loan.

covcity4life

=============murphy==============
christie====???=====???=========adams
============???================
=======fleck=====moussa==========
baker======================?????
=========clarke================

i would wager those are our starters with barton/thomas fighting for 3rd midfield spot in preslleys eyes, if we can add 2-3 good signings we should once again target promotion...on paper at least

SkyBlueSwiss

=============murphy==============
christie====???=====???=========adams
============???================
=======fleck=====moussa==========
baker======================?????
=========clarke================

i would wager those are our starters with barton/thomas fighting for 3rd midfield spot in preslleys eyes, if we can add 2-3 good signings we should once again target promotion...on paper at least

You can't be serious surely? Target promotion?
Let me ask you something, if I may; We have separated badly needed players into a separate squad that will not be played no matter what. We are in embargo, and from the meeting with the FL representative, it is quite clear that we will continue in embargo for a minimum of the next two months, if not longer. We will be filling in with youth players who have neither the experience nor the physical strength needed to compete in this very physical league. This is the remnants of a squad that last season finished in the bottom half (even if you add back the 10 point deduction). This is a squad without David McGoldrick and without Robins to manage them. This is a squad that imho will very probably start without Clarke and Baker as I cannot see SISU refusing even low offers of cash for anyone. This is a club that has a very good chance of having further points deducted if/when we come out of administration, because no matter which way the FL chooses, imho whichever is the looser will take things to court rather than accept any CVA. No matter where we end up playing, this will be a badly demoralised squad, and imho there will be significantly less supporters if we play at the Ricoh, and disastrously less supporters if we ground share.

This is all only my opinion of course, but based on these facts, I cannot see how we are going to avoid relegation, so for the life of me I cannot see how you can possibly say that "we should once again target promotion". Your optimism is admirable, but not realistic in any way imho.

Gint11

Yeah I agree with that. The year experience in this league will help us. The additions he makes now will obviously be the difference. (assuming he gets the chance to)

covcity4life

You can't be serious surely? Target promotion?
Let me ask you something, if I may; We have separated badly needed players into a separate squad that will not be played no matter what. We are in embargo, and from the meeting with the FL representative, it is quite clear that we will continue in embargo for a minimum of the next two months, if not longer. We will be filling in with youth players who have neither the experience nor the physical strength needed to compete in this very physical league. This is the remnants of a squad that last season finished in the bottom half (even if you add back the 10 point deduction). This is a squad without David McGoldrick and without Robins to manage them. This is a squad that imho will very probably start without Clarke and Baker as I cannot see SISU refusing even low offers of cash for anyone. This is a club that has a very good chance of having further points deducted if/when we come out of administration, because no matter which way the FL chooses, imho whichever is the looser will take things to court rather than accept any CVA. No matter where we end up playing, this will be a badly demoralised squad, and imho there will be significantly less supporters if we play at the Ricoh, and disastrously less supporters if we ground share.

This is all only my opinion of course, but based on these facts, I cannot see how we are going to avoid relegation, so for the life of me I cannot see how you can possibly say that "we should once again target promotion". Your optimism is admirable, but not realistic in any way imho.

you are saying a team of

murphy
christie
adams
fleck
moussa
thomas/barton
baker
leon clarke

plus few new signings and talented prospects like calum wilson

WILL GET RELEGATED?

i said promotions hould be targeted on paper as that is a capable team and not so different to our team last year that was 7/8th for alot of final few months last season

more realistic to think we can kick on to 6th rather than get relegated!

i said on paper,i think your doom and gloom over outside stuff has affected your decision making on this point

Your pessimism is admirable, but not realistic in any way imho.

Astute

you are saying a team of

murphy
christie
adams
fleck
moussa
thomas/barton
baker
leon clarke

plus few new signings and talented prospects like calum wilson

WILL GET RELEGATED?

i said promotions hould be targeted on paper as that is a capable team and not so different to our team last year that was 7/8th for alot of final few months last season

more realistic to think we can kick on to 6th rather than get relegated!

i said on paper,i think your doom and gloom over outside stuff has affected your decision making on this point

Your pessimism is admirable, but not realistic in any way imho.

Was good enough last season with other experienced players to be near the top 6 whilst having a half decent manager. What sort of record has Elvis got so far?

If Elvis is a decent manager we will have a chance. If he isn't..............

covcity4life

Was good enough last season with other experienced players to be near the top 6 whilst having a half decent manager. What sort of record has Elvis got so far?

If Elvis is a decent manager we will have a chance. If he isn't..............

still seen nothing to suggest we will be relegated

chiefdave

WILL GET RELEGATED?

think we'll be closer to relegation than promotion this year. if baker and / or clarke are sold, either now or in Jan, or get a knock that keeps tham out for a while where are the goals coming from? in fact more than a couple of long term injuries and we could have problems.

of course if, and it's a big if, the embargo get's lifted before the transfer window closes and we sign several good players then who knows but based on where we are at the moment we look to have a weaker squad than the one which could only manage mid table last year.

covcity4life

think we'll be closer to relegation than promotion this year. if baker and / or clarke are sold, either now or in Jan, or get a knock that keeps tham out for a while where are the goals coming from? in fact more than a couple of long term injuries and we could have problems.

of course if, and it's a big if, the embargo get's lifted before the transfer window closes and we sign several good players then who knows but based on where we are at the moment we look to have a weaker squad than the one which could only manage mid table last year.

we were only mid table because of a 10pt deduction my man

also as i said in my first post,i am talking about the squad on paper

selling our best players would obviously hinder us.

Astute

we were only mid table because of a 10pt deduction my man

also as i said in my first post,i am talking about the squad on paper

selling our best players would obviously hinder us.

Would you like to have a look at where we would have been with an extra 10 points last season.

We had a manager that did well with us last season until he left. I have seen nothing from Elvis so far to say he is a decent replacement.

We got the vast majority of our points at home last season. No need to say any more on this subject :mad:

We will be playing players from the youth squad a lot this season. Remember what happened last time we did this?

I am not saying we WILL be relegated. I am not saying we WILL finish in the bottom half. What I am saying is there are more reasons to be worried than confident this coming season.

Moff

We got the vast majority of our points at home last season. No need to say any more on this subject :mad:

Sorry to have to correct you Astute but we did better away from home last year.

We won 11 and drew 4 away from home (37 pointsd) whilst only winning 7 and drawing 7 (28 points) at home.

wingy

Sorry to have to correct you Astute but we did better away from home last year.

We won 11 and drew 4 away from home (37 pointsd) whilst only winning 7 and drawing 7 (28 points) at home.

I think he knows that Moff a touch of Sarcasm I think ,maybe CCFC4life stated It?

covcity4life

i cant see the sarcasm int hat, seems he genuinly thinks we did well at home alst year:whistle:

also its unfair to say look where would finish with 10pts extra, admin killed the season and there was nothing else left to play for

but isnt astute the same guy who said jennings is like gerrard? not sure i can agree with you on your analysis of squad.

Nonleagueherewecome

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Subs:
?
?
?
?
?

ccfcway

We are in admin, don't have a home, don't have a kit, don't have one season ticket holder and in more debt than Greece.

Now, we have Callum Wilson as our number 2 striker, only on centre back and absolutely no strength in depth.

One injury to Clarke and quite simply we are real real trouble

Users who are viewing this thread